Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

no i dont' think that's ramba ral

It might be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

no i dont' think that's ramba ral

It's Ramba's wife Hamon

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ramba Ral is bae

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

It's Ramba's wife Hamon

That makes sense

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i am being trolled and i do not like it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gaius Marius posted:

It's Ramba's wife Hamon

Oh like from Jojo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i am being trolled and i do not like it

better keep your monitor on then

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
ShallNoiseUpon your avatar reminds me of those illusion pics where you can turn their head upside down and it becomes a different face

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

good evening chat thread. listening to Anything You Need from Death Stranding and thinking about starting a new file if i can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzXAIB7LWDM

haven't actually finished the game yet, but it really is about the journey at the end of the day

i wish there were more games with the sort of gameplay of death stranding (well, the good parts). snowrunner is hugely scratching the same itch, but i haven't been able to find anything else in the venn diagram that includes those two

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Very disappointed to learn that Ramlethal Valentine's first name isn't quite pronounced how it should be.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Elphelt better be dlc for Strive

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FirstAidKite posted:

Elphelt better be dlc for Strive

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

Very disappointed to learn that Ramlethal Valentine's first name isn't quite pronounced how it should be.

pronounce it the way you believe is true in your heart

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Gaius Marius posted:

Who cares about popularity.

I would like to be liked by people that I like.

It's pretty hosed up

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
How did Doom Eternal’s DLC turn out anyway? The PS5 upgrade is giving me an excuse to play it again and I’m kind of interested, but it’s $30…

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Good Evening Chat Thread, I am off work for the next six days and went to my personal computer to play some new games, and instead ended up logging into FFXIV.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:phoneb::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phone:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I like your modifications better, tbh

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

make this happen, someone

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In the middle of a thread ShallNoiseUpon forgot to post

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

New Super Metis posted:

make this happen, someone

Can't you make this happen?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

i.... don't know. i think I would need to bother an admin to upload the avatar to the forums before I can change it myself

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Should probably figure out how to make you an admin

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Move over Jeffrey. It’s Metis time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm gonna go with, if he knowingly had a mod which did the exact things he was accused of, and then after the accusation just went on a wild rampage against his accusers instead of going "oh. maybe I had it on by accident. that does seem more likely than it happening by chance," then he was definitely intentionally cheating

it's a long story and its complicated by the fact that dream lied a bunch of times about things along the way, but the short version is: dream & co commission modders to make some poo poo they'll use in their normal content videos, plus normal graphic and performance stuff minecrafters and content creators need that the vanilla client doesn't do. Whoever the hired made a mod at one point, before realizing they did their content entirely on multiplayer, so it was really only the plug-in needed (plug-ins work on servers for every1, mods just for individuals and dont work on multiplayer, it's the server plugins that determine what poo poo works or don't). Dream is using the client but the people who made it didn't inform them that they altered the drop rates, nor was that something requested. After the controversy happened, they still didn't tell him for a while. Then they did tell him, at which point then he knew he did cheat... but then didn't say anything for months lol. Then when he does speak up he communicates nothing of worth, doesn't explain poo poo, and even when he's in the right, he argues poorly or lies or exaggerates in his arguments.

He's basically such a diehard dumbass in his behaviour and reaction to things that even if he didn't cheat, he'd still have come off looking really doofy.

It's also pretty wild he let Karl Jobst get so all up in all of his personal info, emails, communication, direct messages etc. No warrant, he contacted Karl trying to get the speedrun-gumshoe up in his poo poo lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Bit late, but FTL is hard. Do you have to be really lucky, on top of knowing what you're doing, to get to and defeat the final boss outside easy?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ah, i finally found it... the real chat thread

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Bit late, but FTL is hard. Do you have to be really lucky, on top of knowing what you're doing, to get to and defeat the final boss outside easy?

Mostly just know what you’re doing, iirc I did get to a point where I won like 80% of my normal runs

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

good even g*mers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
in custom robo arena, you have to sit down for breakfast and dinner every day in your family's dining room and whenever i take breaks from the game i completely forget which chair is mine so every time my mom has to say "honey that's your father's chair. no that's your sister's chair, you sit on the other side. no honey...that's my chair, you sit next to me"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Just so you know khanstant, karl jobst is a bad person who associates with white supremacists and has some pretty terrible views such as being mad about how white people can't get away with saying the n word. This isn't me trying to pass judgement on you since lord knows there are plenty of awful people who make content people enjoy and it comes down personal preference on how much you can separate any given artist from their art, but I still think it's important to know who they are so you can make that call for yourself.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

Mostly just know what you’re doing, iirc I did get to a point where I won like 80% of my normal runs

i have trouble by the third or fourth map

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is that "FTL but you're a convoy in a mad max style apocalypse" game any good?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/318230/Convoy/

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Going through Tommy Tallarico's Twitter Follows.

Yes, I'm sorry, there's spoilers for the new EWJ game in the link.

Because one of the people he follows Ben Shapiro WILL in fact show up in the new game.

Sorry if you didn't want that leaked.

Goddamn. D'souza, Shapiro, Carlson, Crowder, he's got shithead bingo.

Sad to know that electric playground guy is a chud.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh like from Jojo

My wife, Sunlight Yellow Overdrive.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Should probably figure out how to make you an admin

wuggles posted:

Move over Jeffrey. It’s Metis time

why would you try to punish me

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I have an interview for my dream job next week, arguably what I've been working towards for the last three years of my career, and now I am way too busy panicking screaming internally screaming externally frantically cramming poo poo into my brain so I don't fail the interview because I would have preferred this opportunity about six months from now preparing for it to game and that sucks.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I appreciate posts I read in this thread, even if I don't reply to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Simone Magus posted:

Is that the secret of chat popularity, just use other people's material

My Chie haiku got one whole quote

Sheesh

what?? it was a limerick and i made one too!!