Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Thanks for adding my meme to the OP. Loved the show tonight.

Why is Shawn Spears looking so sickly as of late? Does the chair dimension sap his life force?

chairshots are the only thing that brings him joy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

flatluigi posted:

was that actually a shofar in miro's new theme or was someone just posting things

There was some sort of horn blowing as the opening sting. No idea how someone would call it out as a shofar immediately.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

was that actually a shofar in miro's new theme or was someone just posting things

According to Rukus, yes.

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1410404908629626888

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Miro's new theme sounds like some crusader kings ren fest music playing on a PC in the 90s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

Just ban Shawn Spears at this point if that's all he's good for.
He won't be very good at putting Sammy Guevara over once they have their match, that's for sure.

It's all good. He's a great hand. Don't let the heels cheating get you down too much you put too much stock in that. It honestly feels like ptsd from WWE. You complained about the elite always winning but they lost in a great fashion tonight. I promise AEW won't let you down :).

Let's wait and see

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Jim Ross is such a bummer. just give it up, man

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
JR is a national treasure and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for hating on him.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Also let's not overlook the great segments tonight with the Dark Order and their mission to make Adam Page believe in himself again.

Contrast Adam being angry with his friends when it came to the Elite vs The Dark Order. God damned great storytelling

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1410420153213456384?s=20

At least MJF is feeling well enough to be immediately heeling it up on Twitter

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
JR's flub was worse than when the ring didn't explode. Such a wet fart after an insanely good main event and that heartfelt year in review video. Anyway, I hope Rebel's ok.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i was mostly posting on discord instead of the live thread, was mjf actually injured? i was thinking he was just selling really well and it worked in context of all the spots they were doing in the match

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Roasted Donut posted:

JR is a national treasure and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for hating on him.

pretty good back in 2004 but just kind of sad to think about in 2021 except for the meme lines. checks out

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
AEW has to ban chairs to the head and the flying headbutt. It's absolutely unacceptable that Tony Khan let's it continue.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

i was mostly posting on discord instead of the live thread, was mjf actually injured? i was thinking he was just selling really well and it worked in context of all the spots they were doing in the match

Unless something comes out later about the match he was selling imo.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Hub Dirt posted:

JR's flub was worse than when the ring didn't explode. Such a wet fart after an insanely good main event and that heartfelt year in review video. Anyway, I hope Rebel's ok.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

AEW has to ban chairs to the head and the flying headbutt. It's absolutely unacceptable that Tony Khan let's it continue.

flatluigi posted:

I thought it was real because it looked like the ref and Sammy and MJF were doing a lot of talking and stalling for a bit like they were figuring out what to do, but I could have gotten worked

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
JR rules. Haven’t watched the ep yet but it won’t change my mind.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

It's all good. He's a great hand. Don't let the heels cheating get you down too much you put too much stock in that. It honestly feels like ptsd from WWE. You complained about the elite always winning but they lost in a great fashion tonight. I promise AEW won't let you down :).

Let's wait and see

I know...I know.
I don't know why I'm being such a grumpapuss about this.
Call it the 8 year old face mark in me.
I just wanna get to the Fireworks factory (the heels getting their comeuppance).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I am sitting here laughing thinking about the staches tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Caught up on the opening tag, Brandon not stopping with the spray even after he realized his gently caress-up was loving hilarious, and then Kaz MURDERING him was amazing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The thread tag actually got me lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Shard posted:

I am sitting here laughing thinking about the staches tonight.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jerusalem posted:

Caught up on the opening tag, Brandon not stopping with the spray even after he realized his gently caress-up was loving hilarious, and then Kaz MURDERING him was amazing.

If Brandon says 'I didn't recgonize you with the mustache' on BTE it'll be amazing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

in his horror, he just couldn't stop his fingers convulsing on those triggers for like a full thirty seconds, I was laughing my rear end off

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
As someone who turned off Dynamite two second before JR apparently flubbed his line I gotta tell you all: it doesn’t loving matter. Please. Move on. It truly is not the end of the company lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Sorry but all ad revenue from this episode of Dynamite and the rating will be awarded to WWE now.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Conrad_Birdie posted:

As someone who turned off Dynamite two second before JR apparently flubbed his line I gotta tell you all: it doesn’t loving matter. Please. Move on. It truly is not the end of the company lol

Tony Kahn just sent me a text that TNT cancelled Dynamite, and the company is now defunct

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Hub Dirt posted:

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

good lord

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Tony Kahn just sent me a text that TNT cancelled Dynamite, and the company is now defunct

He didn’t say that

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Conrad_Birdie posted:

jr made the worst flub possible but it was ultimately really funny and he's gonna catch too much poo poo for it from both the fanbase and vincels

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Conrad_Birdie posted:

He didn’t say that

For a short moment in time both the aew thread and WWE thread were waiting for someone to finish this setup

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's funny to me that the mistakes that are going to get AEW cancelled keep getting smaller and smaller.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Conrad_Birdie posted:

He didn’t say that

he said it you son of a bitch

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gumball Gumption posted:

For a short moment in time both the aew thread and WWE thread were waiting for someone to finish this setup

I got to be involved in two different parts of the the bit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They made a better shirt

https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1410286516312629257

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone created a bot that keeps sending me a pm saying it's not a big deal that JR said wwe. It's a threatening message to stop saying it matters that JR said "WWE." I'm afraid to tell the forum police in case they put me on probation for it

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
That women's match was so weird. I was fully expecting Vicky to finally make her announcement and reveal that someone was replacing her in the match. Also seems weird to have Britt playing the cowardly heel role while Nyla plays the monster heel role. I can already hear Bryan Alvarez screaming about not knowing who to root for. I suppose at least their characters were consistent though, and the crowds really want to root for Britt anyway. Kind of reminds me of how NoD Rock started to get cheers while still being a heel.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

link it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

mooseinfants posted:

That women's match was so weird. I was fully expecting Vicky to finally make her announcement and reveal that someone was replacing her in the match. Also seems weird to have Britt playing the cowardly heel role while Nyla plays the monster heel role. I can already hear Bryan Alvarez screaming about not knowing who to root for. I suppose at least their characters were consistent though, and the crowds really want to root for Britt anyway. Kind of reminds me of how NoD Rock started to get cheers while still being a heel.

AEW does the there are no heels or faces thing better because they have characters. Even when you have 2 heels go against each other their characters will stay consistent.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MotU posted:

link it

https://www.shopaew.com/ethan-page-and-scorpio-sky-men-of-the-year-2.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That women's segment was quite weird and didn't work for me. Love a good powerbomb through a table, but nothing else really made sense. Was bonkers to me when the bell rang and Vickie was still in.