Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
wheres the good shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Anyone else feel like Jericho was supposed to be thrown thru the table and not just to the floor?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's disgusting that WWE is paying the moderators of this forum 200,000 per month to change thread tags.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mooseinfants posted:

That women's match was so weird. I was fully expecting Vicky to finally make her announcement and reveal that someone was replacing her in the match. Also seems weird to have Britt playing the cowardly heel role while Nyla plays the monster heel role. I can already hear Bryan Alvarez screaming about not knowing who to root for. I suppose at least their characters were consistent though, and the crowds really want to root for Britt anyway. Kind of reminds me of how NoD Rock started to get cheers while still being a heel.

Root for who you like more. Real weird I know.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Please elaborate. What is your issue with what I said?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

your post was being praised. it's heavenly

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

That main event had me feeling some kind of way. First they announce that they're actually building to MJF and Jericho which makes this match feel smaller and less like Sammy is going to win. Then Sammy goes out there and just kills himself anyway like this is headlining a PPV. He kicks out of a second rope tombstone which is loving stupid but with all of these huge spots happening, the feel of the match reached a magnitude where it was so utterly mind-bogglingly deflating when yet again a run-in ends up deciding it. If you're looking past this match to MJF/Jericho then why not just have MJF win on his own? Even if he cheats that is orders of magnitude better than the 874th run in over the last 3 weeks of Dynamite. I just didn't get it. It was simultaneously the most amazing and insanely annoying match I've ever seen

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If anyone wants to solve the problem with JR occasionally misspeaking, I would suggest going back in time and watching the past 15 years of Marv Albert and Dick Stockton commentary. I promise you won't bat an eye at stuff like "WWE Dynamite"

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
I don't really worry about the JR flub that much since it's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and we all know the dude is probably not going to be doing commentary for THAT much longer. I'm interested in seeing who eventually takes over for him though, lots of valid and good choices within the company already.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1410419094940270596

Sweet boys

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
JR is very vocal that the only thing that keeps him alive/makes life worth living after his wife's death is being on commentary.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

-1 wasn't there for the Hangman segment, but he sure isn't going to miss out on cake!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Cody doesn't even let his own faction come out when he needs a cake delivered

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I got a laugh out of Kenny saying Five "wouldn't last two minutes" with him. Remember back on one of the early pandemic Darks, Kenny wrestled some unknown little guy named Alan Angels and they went twelve minutes (including Angels kicking out after a V-Trigger), and the Internet hot take factory lit up claiming Kenny had squandered all his credibility?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/1410425799816232960
https://twitter.com/thepagelking/status/1410400672009306113

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Crapple! posted:

I just didn't get it. It was simultaneously the most amazing and insanely annoying match I've ever seen
Yeah I feel much this way. They put in a great performance, just let MJF win a match properly. I get that they want to build the Pinnacle as a unit but losing clean would actually be better for both men involved.

Penguin Patrol posted:

Cody doesn't even let his own faction come out when he needs a cake delivered
Well yeah they'd turn on him.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

fez_machine posted:

JR is very vocal that the only thing that keeps him alive/makes life worth living after his wife's death is being on commentary.

Right. I feel real bad for JR. And at least he's tried in his old ways to be a good person. He's there and he treats people well. Let him do commentary for a good company until he can't anymore.

Wow look at that AEW is still a good product - it's remarkable

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Until JR is asking how much everyone weighs or doing whatever the gently caress it was mark Madden did on commentary, he's not even close to being even a bad commentator. He's not even the worst commentator right now in a world where Josh Matthews still gets work and Corey Graves is on the desk every fuckin week.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really don't mind the critiques of AEW but I swear it feels like a lot of them are overblown. Some people seem way too angry for the complaint and other complains seem way overblown.

But that's just like my opinion man.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

JR's fuckup was funny and good, actually.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I will use any excuse to rag on JR and say he should be fired, but honestly this one is fine.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
fun show. Don’t care that the old guy mixed up the names of somewhere he worked for decades. Aew is great wrestling is fun

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I dunno, the MJ/Sammy match made sense to me (although I was rooting for Sammy and he could use a big singles win). Sammy kicking out of that insane tombstone was a bit much, but then the impact of that move and what it took out of both of them became part of the story, so it ultimately felt justified. I feel like the end of this match is going to get nitpicked by wrestling media way more than is necessary.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
I'm sticking to my guns on this one because AEW was really trying to tie a bow on the last year, everything that happened and how much they've grown. It was all flawless until JR poo poo the bed.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Hub Dirt posted:

Anyway, I hope Rebel's ok.

Yeah :( did not look good

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

mooseinfants posted:

That women's match was so weird. I was fully expecting Vicky to finally make her announcement and reveal that someone was replacing her in the match. Also seems weird to have Britt playing the cowardly heel role while Nyla plays the monster heel role. I can already hear Bryan Alvarez screaming about not knowing who to root for. I suppose at least their characters were consistent though, and the crowds really want to root for Britt anyway. Kind of reminds me of how NoD Rock started to get cheers while still being a heel.

Root for whoever, poo poo's awesome.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

so they have hinted very strongly that Jericho was going to be on the Rampage desk. (unless the popular existing wrestler they referenced was Mark Henry) and today's show at least showed that it's not going to be unbearable.

it might even be good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

so they have hinted very strongly that Jericho was going to be on the Rampage desk. (unless the popular existing wrestler they referenced was Mark Henry) and today's show at least showed that it's not going to be unbearable.

it might even be good.

Jericho is very good on commentary when he's on for the whole show.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Shard posted:

I really don't mind the critiques of AEW but I swear it feels like a lot of them are overblown. Some people seem way too angry for the complaint and other complains seem way overblown.

But that's just like my opinion man.

when the stakes are as low as whether a wrestling show is good or not you can't blame people for getting ridiculously heated.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

But who gets hit with the cake? WHO???

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah I feel much this way. They put in a great performance, just let MJF win a match properly. I get that they want to build the Pinnacle as a unit but losing clean would actually be better for both men involved.
It felt like a compromised finish where Sammy didn't want to do the job

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Y'know what my favorite part of Dark Order tonight was.

They didn't tell any fuckin' jokes.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Selachian posted:

I got a laugh out of Kenny saying Five "wouldn't last two minutes" with him. Remember back on one of the early pandemic Darks, Kenny wrestled some unknown little guy named Alan Angels and they went twelve minutes (including Angels kicking out after a V-Trigger), and the Internet hot take factory lit up claiming Kenny had squandered all his credibility?

Commentary immediately called this out after Kenny said it. Good stuff.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Sad that Renee couldn't be there to eat the floor pieces :(

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I wonder if they do MJF beating Jericho with some big stipulation (I wanna say career, but I don't think Jericho is ready to go out yet), and then Sammy getting a clean PPV win over MJF down the line as vengeance to officially end the feud

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I thought the main event was really good, one of the best dynamite matches I've seen

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seams posted:

when the stakes are as low as whether a wrestling show is good or not you can't blame people for getting ridiculously heated.

Sure I can. I just did :D

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JR owns. AEW should just start calling itself WWE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

as i understand it the posting rules say that you're only allowed to do one of the following: tell people "gently caress off" if they simply say something was corny, or tell people to stop criticizing the show so angrily

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

QT and Solow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I really liked the commentary tonight and thought they helped the show flow nicely, especially all the plugs for the live shows. Jericho was loving up calls way more than JR but I enjoyed both of them.