Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Respectfully Ivelisse vs Thunder Rosa has to be there somewhere

Was that on Dynamite? I missed that episode if so. It fell apart because Ivelisse stopped selling right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The worst AEW shows are the YouTube ones which do not exist and the forum makes it up every week. None of those matches happens, this is manufactured consent, we've seen the invoice.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Ivelisse-Thunder Rosa was dope because the no-selling happened in PIP and they were really laying it in for other stretches. Got a solid match, funny clips and months of delusional Ivelisse content. What's not to like

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Dustin vs. Hager has got to be at least a dishonorable mention. The absolute nadir of Revolution '19.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mons Hubris posted:

Respectfully Ivelisse vs Thunder Rosa has to be there somewhere
TH2 loudly saying they don't want anything to do with Ivelisse and then proving them right by throwing a tantrum because Rosa called two spots in their match was a very important part of AEW history. At least she didn't stand up and no sell/argue with her opponent like she did in the wrestle circus match.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

rantmo posted:

Dustin vs. Hager has got to be at least a dishonorable mention. The absolute nadir of Revolution '19.

There was no Revolution in 2019

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rantmo posted:

Isn't it because Dustin kissed his wife pre-match? The optic is disgusting and it didn't matter that Hager and his wife cleared that before the show.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
rewatching MJF vs Sammy, and the sequence that ends with the double pin 2-count and them both kippin' and flippin' up and staring each other down has to be one of the best i've ever seen in the ring, just insane athleticism and coordination

edit: also MJF lands a perfect catch on Sammy when he leaps out of the ring, nice to see how it's supposed to look, and i bet Sammy loved Excalibur's call "SUPER SAMMY GOES SUPER SAIYAN!!!"

smarxist fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 7, 2021

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Shard posted:

My least favorite match in AEW still is Kris Strat vs Riho for the world title due to the bullshit ending and really wanting to see that match for real.

I don't think I was watching at the time, what happened?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I Before E posted:

There was no Revolution in 2019

ugh, 2020. Whatever, time means nothing.

RealFoxy posted:

Isn't it because Dustin kissed his wife pre-match? The optic is disgusting and it didn't matter that Hager and his wife cleared that before the show.

In the middle of the match as I recall it, and that was only part of it. Hager is just a terrible loving wrestler and Dustin couldn't carry him to anything close to a decent match. Plus it was Hager's in-ring debut so there was all this build up for a dude who wasn't able to even present as having a basic degree of competence much less actual skill.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Mr. Squishy posted:

gently caress finish due to Brandi and Mel interference

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Brandi Rhodes was a heel and the "Nightmare Family v.1" interrupted an otherwise great match where Brandi, Mel, Awesome Kong, and Luther interrupted the match for HEAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

Riho and Stat were both babyfaces at the time so there was no reason for this to happen. Nightmare Collective attacked Statlander, Riho attacked Nightmare collective, Awesome Kong cost Statlander the match for no particular reason.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

The on screen debut of Japanese Deathmatch Legend, The Original Death Dealer Doctor Luther.

it was a babyface title match with a heel faction dogging it (including some very bad commentary from Brandi)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7qaibs

The full match if you want to know why it was such a poorly received match.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

IIRC it was the first AEW match to get a WMOTY here

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RealFoxy posted:

I think Big Bicep Tony's learned his lesson on over-hyping/under-delivering. The big surprises were Big Show, Christian, and Mark Henry, the big matches were the exploding deathmatch and Wargames and they both under-delivered but they've had so many great matches on TV plus non-advertised debuts like Mox.

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1368928681796792320?s=19

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

rantmo posted:

In the middle of the match as I recall it, and that was only part of it. Hager is just a terrible loving wrestler and Dustin couldn't carry him to anything close to a decent match. Plus it was Hager's in-ring debut so there was all this build up for a dude who wasn't able to even present as having a basic degree of competence much less actual skill.

It was also kind of an "ugh, this really made the PPV?" match to begin with, and then they made it the opener for some inexplicable reason. Total whiff all around

You can still commemorate that iconic feud with this beautiful shirt:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7qaibs

The full match if you want to know why it was such a poorly received match.

i will never be down on the match that gave us the japanese deathmatch legend, luther

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I forgot that was the same match as the awful Brandi commentary, so the viewing experience started at "Jesus Christ why is this happening during a title match" and then somehow got way worse

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wanna see light tubes and panes of glass in an AEW ring and Japanese Deathmatch Legend Dr Luther is clearly the man who can give me that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

xbilkis posted:

I forgot that was the same match as the awful Brandi commentary, so the viewing experience started at "Jesus Christ why is this happening during a title match" and then somehow got way worse

Oh my god Brandi commentary , that was truly the pits

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

That was probably around the time that Tony stopped taking booking ideas from talent. At least AEW gets the benefit of pivoting out of The Nightmare Collective and the original concept of the Dark Order pretty early on.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

sign fuego bbt

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

I wanna see light tubes and panes of glass in an AEW ring and Japanese Deathmatch Legend Dr Luther is clearly the man who can give me that.

i would guess nick gage is the man who can give you that, wait for them to go to New Jersey

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Eat My Fuc posted:

the worst AEW matches are

5. Sean Spears Tully on his penis match

I'll give them credit, this match was much better than the straight wrestling match they advertised. some times you need someone's face on someone else's underwear as a cooldown match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/riho_gtmv/status/1412898977234579460

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

sign fuego bbt

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm really excited at the prospect of having Yuka back on Dynamite and the other shows

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

As a TJPW fan I am obligated to post

AYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYA

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Djinn it to win it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Do you think they've done up a fresh primer for JR about what a magical girl or a djinn is?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuka needs to turn heel and do the Wishmaster gimmick.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yuka Sakazaki is a heel.

already.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

rantmo posted:

Do you think they've done up a fresh primer for JR about what a magical girl or a djinn is?

*Jim Ross voice* she's a djinni from the realm of The Fae, and by God they're tricksters and jezebels

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

rantmo posted:

I hope not

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

A hot topic backstage at in All Elite Wrestling this afternoon has been the former Aleister Black and Tommy End, now known as Malakai Blacks. Numerous AEW talent have speculated that he's coming into the company, with even rumors swirling that he's in Miami at AEW Road Rager tonight for some reason. We should reiterate, we can't confirm that Tommy End is in Miami, and nobody we've spoken to has gotten eyes on him, including those that are speculating. We have heard that AEW has reached out to him since his release, though that's hardly a guarantee that he's coming in.

Tommy End was released last month by WWE, and most WWE releases from the main roster have standard 90-day non-compete clauses. However, multiple people that have been released in the past couple of months have gained and been granted early releases from those clauses, including one name who will be popping up for other companies in the next few weeks. We aren't sure if Tommy End was among those. We reached out to WWE for more information, but were told they don't disclose that info. We've yet to hear of WWE rejecting a non-compete clause this year for anyone who wants it.

Again, we can't confirm that End is landing in AEW or is there tonight, but AEW talent themselves have been widely speculating it and discussing it throughout the day.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
JR would be so much better if he stayed up on his poo poo and invested into the product even as a gimmick because of the contrast with his age, delivery, and sensibilities, but he leaned into the easy grumpy old man gimmick and who can blame him really

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I hope AEW has a steady diet of young rookies to feed Yuka to murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Yuka Sakazaki has a pinfall over Britt Baker and Britt curb-stomped her and knocked a tooth out

But Yuka is loud and obnoxious and usually a bully so I can't decide who the heel is