Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Typo in the title, this is the WWE Dynamite Thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't had a chance to catch up on the opening tag yet, but that was a good show and Miro should take Pillman's jacket as a trophy.

Kazarian should be taking Elite trophies.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

ChrisBTY posted:

Just ban Shawn Spears at this point if that's all he's good for.
He won't be very good at putting Sammy Guevara over once they have their match, that's for sure.

He put him over at Stadium Stampede, immensely.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

flatluigi posted:

was that actually a shofar in miro's new theme or was someone just posting things

There was some sort of horn blowing as the opening sting. No idea how someone would call it out as a shofar immediately.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

mooseinfants posted:

That women's match was so weird. I was fully expecting Vicky to finally make her announcement and reveal that someone was replacing her in the match. Also seems weird to have Britt playing the cowardly heel role while Nyla plays the monster heel role. I can already hear Bryan Alvarez screaming about not knowing who to root for. I suppose at least their characters were consistent though, and the crowds really want to root for Britt anyway. Kind of reminds me of how NoD Rock started to get cheers while still being a heel.

Root for whoever, poo poo's awesome.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

aewtix.com posted:

AEW Dynamite: Rochester, NY
Date

City

Rochester, NY

September 29th, 2021

Venue

Blue Cross Arena

Time

7:00PM EST

That show is going to be rough and also awesome.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

dracula vladdy AF posted:

I agree gender reveal things are kind of lame and old fashioned.

These profoundly stupid things are squarely the fault of my generation, millennials. Their prominence started in the late 00s.

To chat about wrasslin', Hangman has already lost the inaugural AEW title match, became alienated by the Elite, ate the pin to lose the Tag Belts, and briefly lost his #1 spot to Brian Cage. He should absolutely not lose his first title match against Kenny.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 1, 2021

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Aye Doc posted:

maybe its just a bad idea in general to have 70 year old men doing commentary on live sports. thank God JR is only 69 and thus his brain is only partially mush instead of full mush like those guys!

This is some hosed up ageism and it sucks.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Pylons posted:

So anyway, in his Q&A podcast Sean Ross Sapp reiterated that the releases will have a domino effect a few months from now and (separately, though I got the vibe they were related) that a "big name" has a contract expiring this year and is planning to jump ship (whether from WWE to AEW or AEW to WWE or another promotion entirely he didn't specify).

When's Randy's contract up? Oh, 2024. Nevermind.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 2, 2021

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

JUNGLE BOY posted:

In 2024 if he signed a 5 year last time

Yeah. I forgot he upped his contract recently.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

please keep randy snorton far away from aew

Randy's fine when he's having fun. Sorry.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

With the number of ex-WWE folks in AEW now at various levels of the company, I don't think anyone notable or with sense would hop from AEW to WWE. There's far too many people to heavily advise them against it.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MJeff posted:

Janela and Kiss is a bad, bad team.

Joke's on you, that team is gone.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

ChrisBTY posted:

Well that's the point. The importance of a match counts. MJF was already looking past Sammy before the match even happened.

Yeah and he almost got caught for it. He had to resort to cheating to even close out that match.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Wezlar posted:

Has MJF ever not cheated to close out a match? It doesn't feel that significant to me

He took advantage of Jericho trying to cheat at Full Gear, but that match was all over in regards to rules. Also, he's the heeliest heel on the roster. His gimmick is "I'm better than you, and you know it," and it crumbles to dust when you kick out of a top-rope tombstone.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 2, 2021

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MJeff posted:

He also came up with Jungle Jack Perry.

That's pure business acumen at work there. It's humanizing him, and setting up to drop the Jungle Boy part of his name whenever it's actually appropriate to do so (years from now).

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Dacap posted:

I mean, they do employ Matt Riddle

This isn't the slam dunk you think it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

My Lovely Horse posted:

See I never take that sort of thing as "aw I guess MJF isn't actually that good" but more like "wow Sammy is that good, huh". To me it elevates the guy kicking out of a move more than it brings down the guy doing the move. Protecting finishers notwithstanding, obvs.

Both can be true.