Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Fsmhunk posted:

Shawn Spears chairshots need to be nerfed.

They really should make them illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
I think a lot of posters are terminally E-brained where a fued starts with a run in (Nyla flipping the hamburgers) and then proceeds with a singles match immediately followed by 15 more matches spanning 3 PPVs. There is no way to run a fued like with without tons of interference finishes, 50/50 booking or really stupid stipulation matches.

I love that AEW gives feuds time to breathe and build so that the payoff is worth it. Hangman is going to dodge Kenny as long as he can, while Dark Order and the Elite beat each other up for their friends. Team Taz has been just fine for over 2 months now and are finally getting to the Cage/Starks factory. Hell, the Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss feud has been going on over a month.

What I'm saying is that the Nyla/Vickie vs Britt/Rebel was fine and in continuation of a longer lasting feud. Doing a last minute double swerve would have pissed me off a lot more and wouldn't make sense because Britt and Nyla have no friends. Most of the other women on the roster have someone they can team with organically, but Nyla ignores her partners or attacks them.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Dacap posted:

Yeah the Iconics and Kalisto are the only ones I’d have any interest in.

AEW already has a wrestler del Sol though.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Mr. Squishy posted:

It does not necessarily follow that there will be intergender wrestling in a mixed-tag. For an example, see the only other mixed-tag match in AEW history, where Shaq and Jade defeated Cody and Red Velvet.

I can understand if they don't want intergender wrestling and the Shaq/Jade match showed a way you can do it without getting bogged down too much in forced tag outs. Velvet wanted in the ring when Jade tagged in and Cody let her.

There was also the mixed-tag Dark match with Kenny/Riho vs Penelope/Kip that went 17 minutes.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Pamela Springstein posted:

what kind of pyrotechnician doesnt understand that it needs to look good?

part of me, deep down, believes the bad explosion was a work all along and all the cover up stories are part of it

The pyro at the Great White concert in Rhode Island probably looked good too, but safety is always #1 when dealing with explosives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

smarxist posted:

Shaq hobbled off into the everglades and hasn't been seen since. meanwhile, the carcasses of mutilated gators are beginning to be found

Shaq is never to be seen again, but Cody must venture into the Everglades to fight the Shaqsquatch.