Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Just ban Shawn Spears at this point if that's all he's good for.
He won't be very good at putting Sammy Guevara over once they have their match, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

It's all good. He's a great hand. Don't let the heels cheating get you down too much you put too much stock in that. It honestly feels like ptsd from WWE. You complained about the elite always winning but they lost in a great fashion tonight. I promise AEW won't let you down :).

Let's wait and see

I know...I know.
I don't know why I'm being such a grumpapuss about this.
Call it the 8 year old face mark in me.
I just wanna get to the Fireworks factory (the heels getting their comeuppance).

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jerusalem posted:

Caught up on the opening tag, Brandon not stopping with the spray even after he realized his gently caress-up was loving hilarious, and then Kaz MURDERING him was amazing.

If Brandon says 'I didn't recgonize you with the mustache' on BTE it'll be amazing.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Awesome episode of Dynamite. I really felt like this was going to be Sammy's night though.

~ I've poo poo on the Elite being too antagonistic and winning all the time so I absolutely didn't see this coming. It was a very pleasant surprise. And it was much easier to appreicate the match without Don Callis in commentary. He's super good at generating heat and keeping Kenny and the Bucks from feeling too goofy but he doesn't need to commentate every Elite match. Of course the Bucks will and should win next week.

~ So basically turning heel has broken The Bucks' cocky limiters. They're now approaching cocky level 256 where the coding starts breaking down and poo poo stops making sense. By All In they're going to get hit with an overflow error, kill their music, shave their heads and come out in basic black tights.

~ Miro. Holy poo poo Miro. Miro is awesome and amazing. His new music isn't great.

~ The time we've all been waiting for is nigh. Time for Hangmin v Kenny. But first Hangmin must defeat his inner doubts and fears. Maybe Hangman will lose his first shot at Kenny but I don't think he will. Kenny can't really get much more unhinged as champion and that's been half his story.

~ Subtext is bullshit. Come out and tell your friends you love them and believe in them.

~ I still don't understand why MJF needs to lose exactly one singles match over a span of almost 2 years. He's not a force of nature or an unconquerable champion. He's over on raw talent. Talent can eat losses.

~ Sammy...going from 'beating MJF' to 'beating Shawn Spears' feels like if Sting went from "beating Hulk Hogan" to "beating Syxx".

~ I hope there isn't a retirement stipulation on MJF v Jericho (unless Jericho wins). Given AEW's tendency to stick to stips the idea of them just slamming the door on any future Jericho matches like that feels wrong somehow. And logically Jericho shouldn't win a match between the two of them. But let's be real; Jericho has very little shine left to give and MJF, like I just said, isn't gonna lose optics just because he takes an 'L'.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Kirios posted:

This may be a super hot take or whatever but MJF reminds me a lot of The Rock. For him to be as good as he at 25 years old is incredible. The last person to be that good at 25 was...well, Dwayne.

The only things the Rock was better at than MJF at this point in time was pure energy and being a face.
The Rock was right dude, right place, right time. MJF doesn't quite have that going for him. It's likely nobody in pro wrestling ever will again.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Gumball Gumption posted:

That reasoning from Dave is a good example of how silly and subjective the star ratings are. Knocked off half a star because the match is the midpoint in a story.

Well that's the point. The importance of a match counts. MJF was already looking past Sammy before the match even happened.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

El Gallinero Gros posted:

AEW doesn't have a single bad tag team, and that is insanely rare. PP will get their moment in the sun, and might even carry the division eventually.

We haven't even talked about Top Flight, who are obscenely good for their age.

Do Honk and Bononi count as a team because Bononi is AEW's bottom tier hoss and from what little I've seen on Honk in-ring I think he's probably had amateur wrestling matches that are better professional wrestling matches than his actual professional wrestling matches. They're fun guys and great stories to have around but they arn't around for anything they do in the ring.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Has anybody else here considered the (slim) possibility that Mox's paternity leave will last longer than anticipated and he won't come back until the dust has settled on the whole Elite vs the world thing?

And when he does return he'll go after Miro?

Sound sorta crazy? Sure. But Mox has been feuding with the Elite for nigh 6 months now. That's kinda...enough.

Also; as much as I loved the match I would not have thought of the ersatz team of Eddie and Penta being the ones to beat The Bucks. I guess that's why it worked so well. They'll probably lose hard next week. And they should quite frankly. Unless they are crazy enough to think that the entirety of Death Triangle will ever be healthy at the same time again and they're setting up Eddie/Penta v Pac/Fenix. Which I would hate because it would result in every actual established tag team in AEW continuing to sit on their thumbs as the titles are fought over by two ersatz teams.

How long is Trent out for this time? If he's out for awhile it will almost definitely be Best Friends' time once he gets back. They've become the creme of the 'rest' of AEW's tag division IMHO. Crazy when a year ago I thought they'd spend their time stuck in the middle of the pack for their run.

One last thing; he seriously named her "Liberty"? Hey Cody, what's the food like in the Ivory Tower.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I usually don't care but it harkens back to his godawful, tone-deaf American Dream promo.
And maybe Brandi named her, I don't know. I'm just following the smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jordan7hm posted:

Almost total package, but his promos don’t do much for me. He’s so much better on his vlog than on the mic. Acting vs just being an exaggerated version of himself I guess.

It’s good though it means he has room to get even better.

At least there's something there with his promos.
Jungle Boy is just raw Brad Armstrong energy. 'White Meat Babyface' isn't much to work with but when Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt can outpromo you, you probably arn't ready to be the 'present of this company'. He's gonna have to work on that. I know he has all the time in the world to grow but until that happens I'm going to continue fretting that he won't find his muse until he's almost 40 and broken down like Matt Hardy.

MJF is essentially perfect on the mic and Darby's character work does a lot of the heavy lifting (and even then he's probably a better talker than JB). Sammy seems to have trouble figuring out how to say what he wants to say. Which I guess is where 'breathless fiery babyface' comes from but Thunder Rosa does that better.