Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Jericho was just miles better than JR tonight.

Good main event, but I really wish the finish wasn't that. Just put one of them over. It's fine. The match was so hot it didn't need the shenanigans.

Opener was hot. Real excited for El Idolo's debut next week and the tag title match.

Real excited for Starks/Cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That women's segment was quite weird and didn't work for me. Love a good powerbomb through a table, but nothing else really made sense. Was bonkers to me when the bell rang and Vickie was still in.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
AEW's tag division is just stupid stacked. Private Party are young and they're featured weekly at this point even if just to do stuff with Matt. I will admit I would've liked to see them spend more time on Impact. That show just frankly has more space for people to get TV time, reps in the ring, and they could pretty quickly be the tag champs without much fuss I'd say. Like do I love PP? Yeah. But I also love Santana and Ortiz, FTR, Jurassic Express, Death Triangle, Best Friends, The Acclaimed (yes I said it), and I'm absolutely forgetting some names.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't want a DQ, but I would be behind there being a massive penalty for a run in so there's reason to have people decide to put an end to it. I'm projecting my vision to Omega/Hangman and it's got The Elite and Dark Order running around at ringside and they just don't need that. I was thrilled the Jungle Boy match had little in the way of it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This. JR is fine, you twits. He's earned the right to make a flub every now and then.

It's not about JR making the occasional goof. I don't care when JR slips a word. I can't stand when he clearly audibly tunes out of a match and starts burying it live on the air. The tag rules or the dives. Even if he has a point, that's what I'll hear from some podcast or whatever Thursday. Not live on the show.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I've definitely heard a Bullet Club-lite song on AEW before. Not sure if that's the Good Brothers' TNA theme or what, but I'm surprised they don't use it more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I hope Peter can confess his love for Leva.

"Sting was supposed to get a title match, but we're like no prolly Hangman would be cooler" was loving hilarious. Banishing the entire Dark Order to BTE Dark was also hilarious.

In no world is Bray Wyatt a guy with all the tools. His work in the ring is aggressively mediocre, his promos are hit or miss, his look sucks, and they already have Abadon to be spooky.