Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
JR's flub is so hilariously bad i feel like Tony Khan can only laugh while kinda pulling his hair a bit

at the same time, retire JR and let's get a booth that skews towards the money demo age wise please ffs, i'm so over JR's grumpy old man routine, flubs, whining, and hearing about Buster Meatshed, Hammer "The Killer" Bludovich, Johnny Whippits, Fancy Freddie Dance, The Mongol, and all the other dead mid atlantic jaybrones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
as great as everything about AEW during this pandemic was, it'll be so cool to see them in new arenas with big crowds going nuts

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think Hangman has to lose to Kenny the first attempt, he's already lost to Kenny clean as a whistle in the middle of the ring, the fallout from that moment, and the dissolution of his tag team, losing his friends and his titles has already created the chasm of doubt he has to cross in order to beat Kenny. I feel like the build to him taking Kenny on the first time and losing would be waaaay too deflating and difficult to put the train back on the tracks at a good clip in time for Kenny to drop, and the time is coming.

Hangman has spent a year and a half being absolutely wrecked by everything, getting played by FTR into betraying his own friends, getting kicked out of his group (that shattered mirror!), losing to FTR, losing to Kenny, hiding in the dark order lair chugging whiskey and spinning his wheels, it's time for the training montage and the W imo.

My only question is what happens after Hangman beats Kenny? i feel like we expect this Kenny Loses World Tour where he returns the titles back to where they belong, but maybe he can do his own thing for awhile? He'd still be a triple champion, he can defend IMPACT and AAA, he could go to Japan for a stint. I mean, it's LIKELY he drops all the belts and takes some well earned time off, but who knows

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Another thing I loved about the Dark Order segment backstage is how when Hangman came in hollerin', they didn't even waver in their surety that it was time, they're more confident in themselves and in their friendship with Adam as a person, rather than their fanboy recruiting, and they know what's best for their friend and that it's time for him to stand up, and Adam couldn't even challenge them on it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/kelthecelt/status/1410597654912856071?s=21

This is cool, didn’t know Nyla’s wife designed her gear

i didn't know Nyla was married! that's so awesome. it's cool how many wrestler's wives get involved in their costuming :3:

i think Brandon Cutler's wife and Hangman's do so as well

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

Kind of shocked this is happening:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1409552595765575684?s=20

Billy Gunn getting a WWE figure

Billy Gunn has had terrible hair every day of his life

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
after last night's main, Sammy needs to march up to Tony and get this Fuego deal done

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
*sees women div talk*

Postin' like it's Tuesday but it's really only Thursday!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, nice pop for BBT

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axqLwuuN368

interesting time to run this, especially since we saw AJ on BTE, so she's hanging out

hopefully she's cleared soon!

edit: lol @ special guest

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
:negative: gosh that sucks

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

rantmo posted:

Speaking of divisive things, Miro's new theme, Redeemer is up online and it's loving awesome but maybe not a great wrestling theme as it currently stands. It's an epic TV show theme, it's genuinely excellent, but I'm not sure how well it's going to translate with a crowd.

ahaha, man. i think the horn fanfare is good enough for what Miro is doing and that's about all we'll get most entrances, it does get hella dramatic though

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

flatluigi posted:

I think there was mention of the theme getting built up as time goes on which is probably a good idea, but I'm extremely here for a guy getting announced by a fuckin shofar before he brings down the literal wrath of god on you

i love that he prefaces the game over with the stomp the middle of the back, it's like the start of a Mortal Kombat fatality

edit: you could stick Miro right into MK12 or whatever with the Game Over, just have him roll back and take off the torso, give him a Zangief moveset

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

I didn't see anybody saying JR should die for his commentary but I sure do see people saying "the headset is the only thing keeping him alive!" and I think THAT'S pretty weird.

yeah f'real, the people on the other side of "this main cast member fucks up a lot and lessens my enjoyment of the product" are way stranger lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
sooner or later someone we love in AEW will take the money/whatever and go to WWE and it's gonna suck/be weird

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
all i know is i can't wait for Sammy vs Spears because Sammy is going to loving destroy him

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Eddie and Penta should loving win

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

Tranq dart finish is reserved for Miro, surely

remake of Jurassic Park but all the dinosaur encounters are Miro

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Kid'll go by "Libby" to nearly everyone

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

oh man, penta probably hitting a package pile driver on some foo RIGHT NOW

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lol, wrestling rules

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
CERO!!! FUMANDO!!!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Happy Sunday, enjoy an hour long interview with Evil Uno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIzIoe9J4o8

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, is Sam Roberts actually a personality or thing in wrestling media? that's wild, remember listening to that dude stir poo poo up on Opie & Anthony years and years ago as an intern/producer lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I like the idea of AEW adding trios belts, but maintaining lucha libre trios rules (for tags, etc), it'd add a whole different style/element to the card

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
touching tips with God :angel:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
he's the #1 contender, but he's still ducking Kenny and hasn't changed his mind on it yet, they have time to build one more defense for Kenny that galvanizes Hangman into action, or an angle where The Elite decide to gently caress with him/his friends and set up Kenny's fall for All Out.

granted, that's if they hit the ground running basically THIS Wednesday, if we don't see movement on it soon, it might be a longer build than we're thinking

i don't think Hangman necessarily has to lose again to make the story great, but he does have to be well and surely provoked

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i kinda like his breathless energetic babyface style, it works for me, he could use some sharpening up though, and it'll come with time

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ultimate heel move from The Bucks

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like The Bucks acknowledging Dark Order's role in stirring poo poo up is important, even if it was silly and done on BTE, hints to me that they'll be setting a fire under everything soon, poo poo is gonna get wild

Church Merch gang is completely out of ideas/steam, kick them off for a month, or have them go back to stealing poo poo and selling it, idk

But yeah, not the best episode, no trick shots, no BTE belt stuff, Peter and Leva is eh-tier

edit:
also gosh it looks so fun to be a heel, the Good's and Nick just outside the ring throwing a tantrum and crying about losing in front of all the jeering fans lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
my gimmick is that i'm a huge mark who sometimes gets worked by wrestlers doing their gimmick

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the only thing i can think with a bunch of people looking for bookings is that AEW is probably going to look for new/local talent to toss onto the B-shows while touring since they'll be in new places

i just hope we weren't experiencing a bunch of holding pattern content that's about to be mercilessly gutted. i can do without some things, but don't you dare take my Wingmen or gently caress with Dark Order :mad:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

Everyone has been operating by going to Jacksonville once or twice a week. Now they're going to be in a different city each week. It makes sense they'd try to bookend their trip to a region with some other shows.

Oh yeah that too, they don't specify much what city they're looking for in those tweets

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

I'll miss the Dark Order Lair and the backstage bar where they do stuff like the boy band tryouts.

don't forget the weird maintenance closet with the boiler and tools

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
King VS Conti should be fun

also that 8 man tag is going to be a cluster

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Guillermus posted:

Fuego picking up a win and a contract right here.

oh shi

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
god we better be getting swerved so hard and i mean Fuego, Kilynn, Baron Black, and a few others #AllElite

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I did love those vignettes of Kenny whaling on some sheet metal with a hammer and in cowboy boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
take some blue chews to fix your upload