Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

That main event had me feeling some kind of way. First they announce that they're actually building to MJF and Jericho which makes this match feel smaller and less like Sammy is going to win. Then Sammy goes out there and just kills himself anyway like this is headlining a PPV. He kicks out of a second rope tombstone which is loving stupid but with all of these huge spots happening, the feel of the match reached a magnitude where it was so utterly mind-bogglingly deflating when yet again a run-in ends up deciding it. If you're looking past this match to MJF/Jericho then why not just have MJF win on his own? Even if he cheats that is orders of magnitude better than the 874th run in over the last 3 weeks of Dynamite. I just didn't get it. It was simultaneously the most amazing and insanely annoying match I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

You could have done an angle where Vicki and Rebel scouted the women's roster for suitable tag partners for Britt and Nyla. What an utter waste of time. It felt like something they might have tried in the early pandemic days when they were short on people

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Evil Badman posted:

These profoundly stupid things are squarely the fault of my generation, millennials. Their prominence started in the late 00s.

To chat about wrasslin', Hangman has already lost the inaugural AEW title match, became alienated by the Elite, ate the pin to lose the Tag Belts, and briefly lost his #1 spot to Brian Cage. He should absolutely not lose his first title match against Kenny.

Agreed. Hangman is as low as he needs to go. When he faces Kenny, he should win. I'm surprised they didn't frame his loss to Brian Cage as a case of self-sabotage. That's how I interpreted it as soon as it happened. Obviously he got jumped but it was clearly communicated by commentary as an upset in a match where he would have to face Kenny if he won. Seemed like a good opportunity for someone from the Dark Order to confront him about that. And of course when he was safely out of contention for the number 1 spot, he beats Cage

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Everything Jericho says is at the top of his lungs. It's exhausting to listen to but he's still really good at commentary.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Hangman lost to Jericho, took the blame for losing the tag titles and got beaten by Kenny already at Full Gear. These events were spread out over the span of 2 years. This does not need to drag out any longer

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The constant run-ins are getting super tiresome but I think it's going to pay off when the Dark Order beat the poo poo out of the Good Brothers, the Bucks and Don Callis to make sure the fight between hangman and Kenny is fair.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Hangman doesn't have to win the title tomorrow. There are still 2 months until All Out to bring this story to where it needs to be. I just don't understand why he needs to get kicked around some more for people to get excited about him winning. All of the major milestones in this 2 year story that he is the protagonist of have been him losing

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I think instead of sobbing in a toilet cubicle like you millennials want him to do he should just beat the poo poo out of Kenny Omega

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I can't remember which promotion has it, but I think there's a title where you can only compete for it if you have less than x years experience in wrestling. That seems like a pretty cool title to have for shining a light on promising younger talent but would also be hilarious if it turned out that someone like the Butcher was eligible for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

New segment for Road Rager. Looking forward to this one

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1412768122084409348