Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

https://twitter.com/BranCutler/status/1410716430958436352?s=19

Cutler looks completely different with that facial hair and I'm not mad about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Kirios posted:

lol Dynamite's gonna be right in the middle of a hurricane next week.

Good thing Jade's not on the card or they'd have to edit her theme's opening.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Speaking of divisive things, Miro's new theme, Redeemer is up online and it's loving awesome but maybe not a great wrestling theme as it currently stands. It's an epic TV show theme, it's genuinely excellent, but I'm not sure how well it's going to translate with a crowd.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Wrestling themes absolutely need more stuff like shofars to vary the sonic landscape of the sport. I like a good, distorted guitar as the next white man in his 40s but I like variety even more.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

MJeff posted:

Private Party, I could definitely see, particular because uh, after two years, I haven't seen a terrible amount of growth from them and I dunno what their ceiling even is in AEW right now.

I cannot imagine how you can see HOF Private Party and say that they haven't grown a ton. Their ringwork is tighter, their character work is better, they've grown and flourished since joining up with Matt Hardy. As far as them jumping ship, they're working with their idol who, as it happens, left the WWE well behind and sure seems like he'd advise anyone who would listen to not go there.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

MJeff posted:

I guess? When they had that match with the Young Bucks I thought they were a foundational piece of the division and two years later, I just don't see them as anything more than one of the three teams Matt Hardy has as henchmen. I can't even imagine them being ranked, muchless being at the top of the tag team division or contending for the championship the way I can Death Triangle, Varsity Blondes, Acclaimed, FTR, PnP, either Dark Order team, etc.

That's fair enough though I think that's more an indication of their place in the narrative rather than their growth as performers. Personally, I can imagine them getting a run for the belts, even a brief time holding them through HFO fuckery. Even without that, they're still pretty prominent and getting plenty of screen time, which in a division as absurdly loving jam-packed with talent, is still to their benefit.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

He won clean against Jungle Boy, as I recall.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Rarity posted:

Yeah their role isn't about workrate, it's about selling their asses off and playing the buffoon which they do very well

And raw sex appeal, don't forget the sex appeal.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I sorta want them to give Swole a shot in the announcers booth if her crohn's ends her career

Oh poo poo, that could be a great place for her.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1411151464890830848?s=19

Oh poo poo.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Kunabomber posted:

uhh

this means that there's no DQ, right

which means the elite hunter will be roaming

Yeah this is incredibly loving intriguing, I don't think there's any way the Bucks drop the belts yet but this feels like they're going to start setting the stage for the endgame, not just for the Bucks but possibly for the Elite writ large and I am very excited for it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Eddie and Penta winning would be excellent but too soon I think. The Elite still has the numbers game vis-a-vis fuckery and I think that's what galvanizes the locker room to really start uniting against the Elite. Eddie gets a St. Crispin's Day promo, Dark Order are the first ones in since they're the counter for Hangman's win, the Elite crumble and everyone is very satisfied. It's still months away but Eddie and Penta getting hosed is where act three begins.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

also kenneth omegeth is the best wrestler on the dang planet

Something that doesn't get discussed often enough about Mr. Omega is that Battle Cry is a great loving song.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Put Cody, Shida, and the Butcher and the Blade in a faction. I can't think of anyone else who's rocked a white jacket.

Nick Comoroto.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I get why the assumption is that Cody came up with the name himself but there's no actual evidence, it could just as easily have been Brandi's idea.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Save money and just ask Soken to write an original theme in FFXIV style kplz thnx

Soken would write such a good loving pro-wrestling theme and Koji-Fox would sing the hell out of it. Not looking forward to The Elite (Unreal) though.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

smarxist posted:

Happy Sunday, enjoy an hour long interview with Evil Uno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIzIoe9J4o8

Don't sleep on this interview, it's really great and Uno seems like he's just a good dude.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Pylons posted:

Yeah, that's the last we've seen of Daniels.

He briefly and accidentally cameoed on one of the Vlogs last week, but I can't remember which one.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

karmicknight posted:

I'm like 60% percent sure I exist to get owned.

Are you Peter Avalon???

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Ibexaz posted:

People are saying Hangmans match would be at Full Gear in November, right? That's plenty of time to ratchet this feud right where it needs to be. Personally I'm just looking for the moment where Kenny does something to MAKE Hangman want to fight. The moment Page gets on a live mic and angrily yells that he's gonna kick Kennys rear end, I'm sold

No Hangman should win at All Out in Chicago but only if I'm able to get a ticket on Friday (and figure out how I'm going to get to the goddamn arena.)

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Guillermus posted:

Fuego picking up a win and a contract right here.

I will ugly cry.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

On the one hand, I love a good cliffhanger but on the other hand fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It feels like a favorite TV show was suddenly cancelled.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/DiamanteLAX/status/1412802486851837959?s=20

If they are not taking Diamante as part of the permanent roster then I don't know what the gently caress they're thinking and have some real questions about the women's division.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Defenestrategy posted:

They might think they don't need her, considering the joshi's can start to regularly come in and out of the states [emi/yuka/riho] it's not like the show is hurting for women even with Anna Jay out on injury. I mean Leva hasn't been seen outside of BTE in a long time, Mel was probably sitting out for covid, they're not doing anything with Jade beyond hawking coupons, Penelope and Bunny are only now getting more ring time.

Clearly they don't think they need her but that's just insane to me. Of the 20 women on the official AEW roster, two are based in Japan (now that Riho is US based), another two--Brandi and Leva--aren't consistently wrestling (even putting aside maternity leave), and Mel was never meaningfully part of the roster (and is terrible) which means that a full quarter of the roster is essentially missing. On paper, Diamante is exactly the sort of wrestler they need; a consistent, mid-card scrapper who could be a face or a heel depending on what they need. I have always been inclined to roll my eyes at the people who say that AEW doesn't care about the women's division but I think there might be more validity to it know than I did an hour ago.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Pylons posted:

I also think people are making forgetting that Elevation matches are filmed in front of a crowd.

As will Dark be, assuming Dark returns to its original format.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Dustin vs. Hager has got to be at least a dishonorable mention. The absolute nadir of Revolution '19.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I Before E posted:

There was no Revolution in 2019

ugh, 2020. Whatever, time means nothing.

RealFoxy posted:

Isn't it because Dustin kissed his wife pre-match? The optic is disgusting and it didn't matter that Hager and his wife cleared that before the show.

In the middle of the match as I recall it, and that was only part of it. Hager is just a terrible loving wrestler and Dustin couldn't carry him to anything close to a decent match. Plus it was Hager's in-ring debut so there was all this build up for a dude who wasn't able to even present as having a basic degree of competence much less actual skill.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Do you think they've done up a fresh primer for JR about what a magical girl or a djinn is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I thought Biden was going to eliminate Malakai.