Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I still can't believe Cody snuck in a clip of his stupid gender reveal party into the Daily's Place montage like it was a big important moment on the level of Brodie's memorial.

Nobody should care about gender reveals. Nobody should have gender reveals. That segment wasn't significant in the least to Dynamite's tenure at Daily's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

I think it is a fairly important moment in Cody and Brandi's lives.

The birth of their child is. Telling the world on national television what genitals their child has isn't. gently caress gender reveals.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

dracula vladdy AF posted:

I agree gender reveal things are kind of lame and old fashioned
And gross. I'll gladly die on this hill.

To clarify my disdain: They're anti-queer as gently caress, and having a callback to it on the last day of Pride month sucks. It also wasn't a good look back in February after the extreme damage some of the ones in the news have caused. If you're fine with it, whatever. Personally I'm not, and I'm expressing that.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 1, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shinjobi posted:

I dont think a 2nd clip is going to burn down a forest, but I'm also not going to get irritated with people who hate the gender reveal. They're poo poo.
Thanks. Didn't want to derail, it just sets me off to see that poo poo sometimes.

Cavauro posted:

before anyone asks, i'm the person who was so certain that just putting the title on britt would magically fix the women's' division.
They're going back on the road and having a month of specials, so I'll give it at least until the end of July before I start complaining. I can be forgiving since a lot of things have been rocky with pandemic booking and the month of pre-empting, but from a few statements I've read, Kenny really wants to push the division a lot more.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Switching names is a tic that a lot of people have, and a couple of his flubs are more in line with that. But it's genuinely concerning that he forgets the stuff he's talking about as he talks about it. In the past month he's forgotten OC and Penta's names and went silent for several seconds as Ex completed his sentences for him, and the WWE thing came seconds after talking about getting "AEW tickets". Like I'm not saying he should retire because he sucks, I'm saying I'm concerned that he's deteriorating and that touring again is going to be really bad for him. It's better to go out while you still have the agency to do so.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

enigmahfc posted:

I think if Excalibur or Taz or Tony had said "WWE Dynamite" everyone would have been "lol he mess up" and that would be it, but people have a weird hate boner for JR so if the dude pauses too long they want his head on a stick. It's loving weird.
Super cool that "hey maybe he's not all there and it sucks to watch it happen in real-time" is grossly exaggerated as "throw his body in a woodchipper that useless old gently caress". That's loving weird.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rantmo posted:

Speaking of divisive things, Miro's new theme, Redeemer is up online and it's loving awesome but maybe not a great wrestling theme as it currently stands. It's an epic TV show theme, it's genuinely excellent, but I'm not sure how well it's going to translate with a crowd.

It's perfect for a Chaos Paladin.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Miro's theme doesn't need changing at all cause it's fantastic. What needs to change is his entrance cause just coming out and doing a little hop doesn't fit the theatricaliy of the piece. Give him some fancy lighting and something like the Randy Orton pyro waterfall and it'll be perfect

Hey, that was the Christian pyro waterfall before it was the Orton pyro waterfall. :colbert:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shinjobi posted:

The secret to good JR involves promoting Godzilla vs KongFRUITY FRUITY DELICIOUS BAH GOD THEY'RE FRUITY SKITTLES every week

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I imagine WWE will promise Jungle Boy and MJF the world, it’s just a matter of whether or not they buy into the bullshit.

WWE would 100% give Jungle Boy a 90210 gimmick.

Not because of his dad, but because that's about where Vince is in terms of cultural relevance.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Swole could easily transition into being KiLynn and Velvet's manager if she had to stop wrestling, but yeah, she'd be fun at the booth.

forkboy84 posted:

Aren't they about to have a 4th show a week? Could absolutely do a round robin tournament without it dragging on eternally. Just do 2 blocks of 4 teams or something, could bash through in 2-3 weeks with some short recaps on the TV shows of the matches that aired on the YouTube shows.

AEW has such deep roots in New Japan that I'd be surprised if they didn't introduce a G1/BoSJ/WTL at some point. I guess the only thing that might prevent that is the lack of daily airtime to book all the block matches. Though I guess after August they could do some of the days on Youtube and the rest on TV. If it's, say, a 10-person/team tournament, they could just extend it to be 4 days each week instead of all at once, or even throw extra taped matches on Youtube during the non-show days.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's too bad The Elite don't have a believable midcard threat and a woman in the stable, because gathering all the belts in the company would be a great last straw moment for the whole roster to come at them. Like once you piss off Miro too, all bets are off.

Mind you, I wouldn't take the TNT belt from Miro for long. Just enough for him to redeem The Elite for their transgressions against God.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The one thing WWE consistently did right was make heel themes a downtempo remix of their face theme. Rukus should make a doom version of Battle Cry.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mox's theme should be the flute solo from Wild Thing on a loop and nothing else.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rotinaj posted:

So, until Kenny loses the title and returns to sanity, I want full sephiroth Kenny.

Wrestle Kingdom 13 entrance, but all the time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Hel posted:

Fair, but if you are already shaving your head, why not get rid of the beard?

Because then you'd just look like a Thumb Thumb from Spy Kids.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MJeff posted:

Shida should be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.
I think Aero Star's busy in AAA.

STAC Goat posted:

The only reason I think Page should lose to Kenny is because that's the story. His problem has never been his friends, championships, or even his drinking. Its been his inability to deal with failure. So winning a championship doesn't "fix" that. Getting supportive friends doesn't "fix" that. He's gotta actually get ok with losing and understanding its not that big a deal. If the end of this story is "Page is champion and that makes him happy" that feels like its learning the wrong lesson.

I'd go the other way: Page wins the title, but finds that he's still unhappy and that he doesn't really like being champion. He doesn't tank his matches or anything, but he loses a few months later because his heart's just not in it. Then he realizes what he lost now that it's gone, and tries to conquer his demons to get it back. I don't know if I've ever seen that in wrestling before.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Assuming Page takes the title off Kenny, who's next? Pac?

Also, does Kenny lose the AEW title before or after the Impact and AAA titles?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh holy gently caress yes get Vikingo in here and have him fight every other flippy dude in the company.

I don't think I'd want them to sign Maki Itoh long-term because her whole thing is "gently caress YOU" and TNT would absolutely make her curb that.

Crapple! posted:

I think instead of sobbing in a toilet cubicle like you millennials want him to do he should just beat the poo poo out of Kenny Omega
I'm OK with the former if it also contains a recently signed Johnny Curtis, going back to his NXT Dirty Curty persona where his office was in bathroom stalls.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

fez_machine posted:

Uno and Stu were talking on Jericho about basically never leaving their house when in Canada because there's a two week quarantine. So they'd go home quarantine and then come back for the live show and the taping. Now that AEW is back to live touring, expect to only see the full Dark Order every 3 weeks.

Good news, Trudeau just lifted partial restrictions this morning:

quote:

As of this morning, Canadians and permanent residents who have completed their doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved for use in Canada are now able to forgo the 14-day quarantine

Fully vaccinated Canadians and permanent residents who arrive by air will also be allowed to skip out on the federal government's required stay in a government-approved hotel.

So as long as DO are vaccinated, they can come back as frequently as they want.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
No Diamante. Has she been signed?

Also no ROBO, which makes me wonder if they're going to drop his HFO angle when they go back on the road.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Have they said anything about how the format will change for Dark and Elevation? I know that some uncontracted wrestlers won't be coming with them, but I haven't read anything yet that leads me to believe it'll be much different.

I'd love it if Dark stayed at Daily's, and Elevation was on the road. Though they're coming back in a month and probably often in the future, so I'm sure we'll see the Dark mainstays either way.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Penguin Patrol posted:

Dark tonight better end with a Taz & Ex compilation set to Taz singing Tarzan Boy

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Oil! posted:

The pyro at the Great White concert in Rhode Island probably looked good too, but safety is always #1 when dealing with explosives.

Tony should hire Rammstein next time. They're all licensed pyrotechnicians AND they could play a kickass set at a PPV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sami is the entire internet though, so that tracks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

karmicknight posted:

It's not going to be a brawl, if Darby Allin touches Ethan Page the match is OFF

I don't think he said Sting can't touch him, however...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Malakai Blacks sounds more like a gimmick for Kevin Thorn than one for Tommy End.