Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I dunno, the MJ/Sammy match made sense to me (although I was rooting for Sammy and he could use a big singles win). Sammy kicking out of that insane tombstone was a bit much, but then the impact of that move and what it took out of both of them became part of the story, so it ultimately felt justified. I feel like the end of this match is going to get nitpicked by wrestling media way more than is necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ChrisBTY posted:

The only things the Rock was better at than MJF at this point in time was pure energy and being a face.
The Rock was right dude, right place, right time. MJF doesn't quite have that going for him. It's likely nobody in pro wrestling ever will again.

Not for nothing, but MJF got great face pops back when he was sticking up for Cody against the Inner Circle.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ChrisBTY posted:

Do Honk and Bononi count as a team because Bononi is AEW's bottom tier hoss and from what little I've seen on Honk in-ring I think he's probably had amateur wrestling matches that are better professional wrestling matches than his actual professional wrestling matches. They're fun guys and great stories to have around but they arn't around for anything they do in the ring.

They're good for their position on the card as doofus heels who beat jobbers decisively but get clowned by everyone else.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I would also like to see Shida on TV more often but she's gotten very good live crowd reactions recently so I don't think she's been forgotten.

MotU posted:

??? cody had a rematch with brodie

Not right away - Cody was gone for a month after getting his poo poo wrecked by Brodie.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Bee posted:

Miro
Cage
Hobbs
Archer
Wardlow
Hager
Luchasaurus

Add Bear Bronson or Boulder and Nick Comoroto to this list and I'm sold. Maybe Cezar Bononi, too.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pylons posted:

Also, yeah, they seem to like Penelope and Bunny and Deeb being gatekeepers.

Deeb and Bunny I can understand, but Penelope is really inconsistent and they'd be better off with someone like Diamante in that spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

Shida's gonna start a fight club

Given how well she booked the women's title tournament, I'd trust her with something like that.