Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ex post facho posted:

I measured the internal temp at 146 exactly before I took off the cooktop with a meatmometer, but felt a little overcooked

way the gently caress overcooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

you have to remember it keeps cooking after you take it off, so you need to take it off like 5-10 degrees short of your goal temp and let it coast the rest of the way.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

is that Ben Shapiro next to him?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Me fully jokerfied over the world burning from climate change

same

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

finally, the pregnant man emoji sees the light of day

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Where can I get Rap Snacks tho?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
with a little hard work and rich relatives you too can live in a .5 million dollar home

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
goddamn just picturing walking into a new home that you got with a 40% discount, lmao

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

my wife's grandfather (who's a huge loving chud) is absolutely livid that families are getting checks and he isn't. its hilarious.

knowing his taxes go toward education must drive him nuts

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dolphin posted:

my roommate was being a dick so i microwaved all his frozen dinners in the packaging and put them back in the freezer. i don't know what that does but my guess is nothing good

uh, spoilers, some of us haven't seen the last episode of Loki

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

Why is any of this in the fridge lol

keep onions cold and they won't make your eyes water when chopping them

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Hatebag posted:

White settlement, tx is another fun one

You should check out the history of Pekin, IL, and their lovely high school moniker and mascots

quote:

The town of Pekin Illinois, just outside the city of Peoria, got its name from its location, which residents believed was on the opposite side of the globe from Pekin (i.e., Peking or Beijing) China. The town of Canton Illinois was named because of a similar belief: that it too was opposite a famous Chinese city, in this case Canton (i.e., Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong). As the two towns are much closer to each other than the original Pekin and Canton, it seems that some early Illinoisans were a bit shaky on geographical details.

Pekin has another claim to fame, however. Until 1981 it had a high school athletic team called the Chinks and a roller skating arena called the Chink Rink. The decision to change the team name to the Pekin Dragons is still remembered bitterly by certain residents, as shown by this apparently genuine email sent to a liberal website:

“I graduated from Pekin Community High School in 1960. I was also voted by the student body to be the mascot ‘Chink’. It was a great honor and still is to me today. Another girl in my class was voted ‘Chinklette.’ We wore Chinese costumes and greeted cheerleaders from the opposing team in the middle of the basketball floor before each home game. It was a gesture of a welcome and good sportmanship. I’m still upset today that the school buckled under and changed the name to Dragons in 1981. It was the result of pointy headed pablum sucking liberals who run the polictical correctness gestopo in this country. I do detest them so much. I am attending my 45th high school class reunion this weekend in God’s little acre called Pekin, IL and I will proudly wear my PEKIN CHINKS shirt. Liberal and their pathetic ilk can go to Hell!!
CHINKS FOREVER
1960 Chink, Bob Brown”

As far as we know, the high school in Canton Illinois never adopted a racist slur as the name of its athletic team.

quote:

PCHS grew as the city did, and its school culture came to include sports teams, as well as an assortment of nicknames and mascots. The earliest known nickname was The Celestials. The school also tried out Robots and Reds. But around 1930, the school settled on the nickname that would endure for 50 years: The Chinks.

The Chinks’ earliest mascot representation was Mr. Bamboo, an affable coolie whose pudgy smile was accentuated by a traditional pigtail haircut and tiny pillbox-style hat. The real-life mascot spot was later filled by two representatives from the student body, Chink and Chinkette. The students bearing these honorifics wore shiny red silk jackets, as well as the cone-shaped paddy hats that Americans associate with Asian field workers. Their responsibilities included walking solemnly out at halftime to cross their arms and bow before the visiting team’s representative. They would also bow and strike a gong after each touchdown.

The school gained notoriety after twice winning the state basketball championship during the 1960s. In celebration of the 1967 championship, the city council signed a resolution declaring it to be “Chinks Week.”

Just-In-Timeberlake has issued a correction as of 18:21 on Jul 16, 2021

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

every.loving.time.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

every time I get to “cops if your quick” and I bust out laughing

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
good morning cspam, I made some orange, cranberry, and walnut bagels this morning

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

my advice

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lmao "just like we've been saying"

oh, word?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

emfive posted:

I like to picture in my head that opening scene from Fellowship of the Ring where all the elves and men are lined up, except some of them are furries and some are Juggaloes

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lmao, I'm not feeling bad about anybody who has the access to, but willingly chooses to not get vaccinated.

I'll reserve my sympathy for children who are too young, and poor people who don't have the same access wealthier people have.

The people in that article? gently caress 'em.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Where's the after photo I'll vote for that

https://twitter.com/Jayparasco/status/1417591479627698178?s=20

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lol, the prosecution is just doing that so they have some poo poo to laugh about over drinks

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Qurnah posted:

was it any good?

all ketchup sucks, but if it's not Heinz it sucks infinitely more

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

emfive posted:

I got some of that trendy "Everything Bagel" seasoning

wtf

just buy some ingredients and mix them together you dolt

minced dried onion
minced dried garlic
sesame seeds
poppy seeds

if you feel fancy add some caraway seed

if you want to go pro-tier add some pretzel salt

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

This seems like more steps to get the same thing

if you buy everything mix, all you have is everything mix.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

goth smoking cloves posted:

Frantically googling "How to commit real mass murder."

Hmmm... Gotta cover my tracks.

"How to commit real mass murder in minecraft ;)"

Perfect!

you're close

quote:

...searched online for topics including “how to plan a shooting crime” and “when does preparing for a crime become attempt?”

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

neutral milf hotel posted:

this will cause consternation for the boot lickers on the right who worship cops

ah yes, just like all those other times it's happened instead of them just coming up with some convoluted reason why it's different this time

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

goddamn I love me some Zevon

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Knight posted:

someone said trupp

tread carefully

quote:

In a Tibetan lamasery, the monks seek to list all of the names of Trump. They believe the Universe was created for this purpose, and that once this naming is completed, God will bring the Universe to an end.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Staten Islanders are all conservative chucklefucks and every cop dreams of retiring there.

The ferry should be sunk, the tram lines cut and SI should be turned into an open air prison with gunboats patrolling it to make sure none of the residents escape.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ah well, good thing he doesn't have the resources to flee the country...

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
look at this cursed succ lib poo poo

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

that whole format (ASMR-like conversation over dub) is incredibly grating to me for some reason

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Been busy baking this morning while watching the Olympics

no-knead bread
rosemary focaccia
kalamata olive and feta focaccia

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

emfive posted:

those look super nice

Genovese people pour a small glass (like 1/2 cup) of water on top of their focaccias before final rise, first time I saw that it really freaked me out. Oh also some oil of course.

I do the oil, I’ve never heard of the water though, might give that a try next time

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

emfive posted:

probably start with less than 1/2 cup, they just kind-of smear it around on top with the oil, then drop any toppings (sliced onions, olives, whatever) and then let it rise before baking.

I'm not sure what the effect is but it's fun to do because it tortures part of my brain to splash water on bread dough

from what I’m finding online it’s salt water, so more a brine. What’s the end effect to the bread?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://gizmodo.com/the-faa-changed-its-definition-of-astronaut-on-the-same-1847349971

quote:

Specifically, the updates concern the FAA’s Commercial Space Astronaut Wings Program, and the criteria used to award those commanding, piloting, or working on privately funded spacecraft with the coveted astronaut wings badge. And Bezos, as it turns out, just doesn’t make the cut.

lmao, eat poo poo

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lmao this guy’s last gf was named Eva, are you loving kidding me

fire these writers, they’re out of ideas

loool and they she took on the name BigAbi Garbanzo, holy gently caress this article

Just-In-Timeberlake has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Jul 25, 2021

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Buddykins posted:

lmao jesus loving christ dude

just looked into the details of this

cop served 2 years lmao, loving clownshoe country

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

quote:

Watching the cameras can be like blooper TV. “We’ve seen guys do splits with one foot on the boat and the other on the tender as they drifted apart,” one of my colleagues recalls. “One time,” Hammond adds, “we watched someone get slapped in the face by a flying fish.”

wow, so lurid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

can't wait to see some terabyte dumps