Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Seriously? That's worth even a thought? Decades of touchdown celebrations, male soccer players (and female) stripping their tops off running around the field and that's worth even a second?

Geez.

e: I thought I missed some new equivalent of the OK symbol poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

She has purple hair though. So now that's really bad or something I don't know.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

facialimpediment posted:

Best I got due to the lack of photographers at the thing - she nails the PK and

https://twitter.com/KaraMarie117/status/1421132852108869635?s=19

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CainFortea posted:

She has purple hair though. So now that's really bad or something I don't know.

The people who want and are telling her to shut up are the same sort who are generally very big on "women should be seen and not heard."

In other words, assholes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bill Burr is an rear end in a top hat. These people are fascists

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

All fascists are assholes but not all assholes are fascists.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

All fascists are assholes but not all assholes are fascists.

Only if they come from the fascist region of…. France? Otherwise they are just sparkling assholes.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
McCarthy claims to have been unable to attend the Jan 6 hearings this week due to "back to back meetings". How unfortunate.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Milo and POTUS posted:

I enjoy him in Better Call Saul & Mandalorian but F is for family was bad. A man of contrasts.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

lmao forever

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I enjoy him in Better Call Saul & Mandalorian but F is for family was bad. A man of contrasts.

It had its moments but largely agree.

He's hilarious in interviews and most of his standup is solid. I will love him forever for calling out Joe Rogan on vaccines.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Speaking of Bob Odenkirk, he's gonna be ok

https://twitter.com/mrbobodenkirk/status/1421195993291309057?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/misssoniarao/status/1421259527593369611?s=20

Good news about Odenkirk :toot:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the House managed to find more money for the cops and adjourned without addressing the eviction moratorium because it "snuck up on them"

this is, of course, what many of the politically astute posters in the thread voted for.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Oofx1000000000000

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the House managed to find more money for the cops and adjourned without addressing the eviction moratorium because it "snuck up on them"

this is, of course, what many of the politically astute posters in the thread voted for.

:allears:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Oofx1000000000000

Can’t wait to get to the ER and be 100th on the upgrade list for an ICU room.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

hobbesmaster posted:

Can’t wait to get to the ER and be 100th on the upgrade list for an ICU room.

Will we get the awful hospital TV or the somewhat less bad airline movie selection?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

It's more complicated than that, though that's a good quick recap. The administration is hamstrung by the Supreme Court, so they can't legally extend the moratorium. The Senate wouldn't get 60 on the bill, and probably not 50. The house doesn't have the bare majority of Democrats, either, but it's not like Republicans want to do *literally anything* to help the people either. Biden could've absolutely pushed Congress harder, but that poo poo ain't getting past the Senate anyways.

So it's hosed in a lot of different ways, it's not just a "Biden/Centrists bad" situation.

Also the Cops thing also funds the National Guard and basically all costs related to the post January-6th security buildup. So it's not just funding cops either.

Again, hosed in a lot of different ways.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

facialimpediment posted:

It's more complicated than that...

Sure it is, but they just more or less gave up the midterms to the GOP. They're betting they can spin this as REPUBLICAN obstruction when instead it'll be put forth as "the Democrats controlled the House, but they couldn't keep you in YOUR house."

Millions of people are going to need a target for their ire, and that is the GOP's stock and trade.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'm a big fan of the "...what a lot of posters in this thread voted for" line. What point are you trying to make with that?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

I voted for Trump!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Zamujasa posted:

I'm a big fan of the "...what a lot of posters in this thread voted for" line. What point are you trying to make with that?

It's a cheap shot

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

Apparently the 50 or so posters in this subforum are responsible for the sorry state of the American political system, and that dude likes to pop in here on occasion and remind us of that fact.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Hey assholes, why don't you get over yourselves and appreciate that BOTH SIDES are COMING TOGETHER to enact policy of SHARED IDEALS AND VALUES. now THAT is what I voted for!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The establishment in the democratic party desperately does not want to be in power because then they're expected to do things. They run a much less ambitious grift than the republicans, one in which winning elections is actively counterproductive.

I am posting from inside the sausage factory.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 31, 2021

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I have to admit I have never understood why "We'd never get it past the 60 vote requirement" isn't immediately followed every single time by "but we'll make the fuckers go on the record against it". Even if the Democratic leadership doesn't actually want to accomplish the goal that's on paper, it's ammo for the next election.

shame on an IGA posted:

The establishment in the democratic party desperately does not want to be in power because then they're expected to do things. They run a much less ambitious grift than the republicans, one in which winning elections is actively counterproductive.

I guess it's this, really.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I know what i can do, but the only way i can do it legally is in minecraft.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
If only everyone had voted for the Perfectly Correct In Every Way party like I did then we wouldn't have this problem.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They put the guy who spent $150,000,000 to lose to Lindsey Graham by 12 in charge of the DNC. Look into your heart and tell me I'm wrong.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
We need the experienced DNC hands in DC to help make sure that *checks notes* absolutely nothing changes in a substantiate way

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

shame on an IGA posted:

The all male revue by the airport?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I wonder how easy it would be to win a congressional seat just by running on a platform of "I will punch X, Y and Z in the face when I meet them on the floor."

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

A Bad Poster posted:

I wonder how easy it would be to win a congressional seat just by running on a platform of "I will punch X, Y and Z in the face when I meet them on the floor."

I've been tempted to run against Madison Cawthorne on this very platform. Only I don't think my campaign slogan "you're a whiny little poo poo, ain't ya?" is going to get much airtime.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Hard disagree on F is For Family. It’s a great cartoon, particularly if your a little older than 40.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

As Nero Danced posted:

I've been tempted to run against Madison Cawthorne on this very platform. Only I don't think my campaign slogan "you're a whiny little poo poo, ain't ya?" is going to get much airtime.

You could easily make a few ads mocking this:

https://twitter.com/juliegraceb/status/1421245568035196931?s=19

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Speak of the devil.

ASHEVILLE - U.S. House member Madison Cawthorn had his gun taken by airport police and will likely face a federal fine and loss of a special security status, local and federal officials said.

The Republican congressman representing Western North Carolina's 11th District was attempting to board a plane Feb. 13 when Transportation Security Administration workers found an unloaded gun in his carry-on bag, along with a loaded magazine, according to Asheville Regional Airport officials.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DurosKlav posted:

Speak of the devil.

ASHEVILLE - U.S. House member Madison Cawthorn had his gun taken by airport police and will likely face a federal fine and loss of a special security status, local and federal officials said.

The Republican congressman representing Western North Carolina's 11th District was attempting to board a plane Feb. 13 when Transportation Security Administration workers found an unloaded gun in his carry-on bag, along with a loaded magazine, according to Asheville Regional Airport officials.

Hahahahahahaha

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Must be nice to just get a slap on the wrist for bringing a gun in your carryon without the proper certification

Edit: and doesn't the tsa have a 90% fall rate? How bad is he at this that he got caught?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Apparently this same airport stopped 8 people over the last year for gun carry-on issues and zero faced charges.

It’s not clear how many faced a fine, and a fine is probably fine compared to making a criminal out of every dumbass who goes “oops” and doesn’t fight the rule once they get caught. As long as the fine is universally applied and not a wink wink for the right kind of people while the wrong kind get cuffs.