Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FrozenVent posted:

My base of choice for marinade is apple cider vinegar.

Fight me.

I will not. This is a good choice and I respect it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

FrozenVent posted:

He’s probably burning but for a whole host of other reasons.

I hope he is bothering donald rumsfeld and rush ligma in hell

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I am so happy I posted that tweet

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Page of people arguing about BBQ sauce instead of making fun of the FAA for "forced to land the aircraft in the water"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

White sauce would not be my 1st preference for BBQ but I'd deffo try some now that I know that it exists. BBQ/chili/pizza purist chat is always annoying because it's kind of hard to have really bad BBQ, just some are not as great as others.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

stealie72 posted:

Page of people arguing about BBQ sauce instead of making fun of the FAA for "forced to land the aircraft in the water"

Was it on a treadmill?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

That Works posted:

Was it on a treadmill?
No, an infinity pool, obviously.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I'm glad I don't come from a place with its own barbecue style so I can just enjoy any item of any style I want, or even contemporary "pitmaster" fusion and innovation.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm glad I don't come from a place with its own barbecue style so I can just enjoy any item of any style I want, or even contemporary "pitmaster" fusion and innovation.

Same. New Orleans has its own cuisine but not really BBQ so I kind of like all of it I've had. Only bad BBQ is a dry or totally burnt bbq imo.

Texas Brisket or Memphis ribs have been my favorites so far.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

stealie72 posted:

English doesn’t have a word for landing in water, except “ditch”, which is vernacular if I’m not mistaken.

Water landing doesn’t really make sense when you think about it.

French, a clearly superior language, has a word for water landing (amerrissage) and landing on the Moon (alunissage). We also have a verb for “giving birth” which would have seemed like a given.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
BBQ of any kind is kind of hard to find here in WA. One of the local BBQ joints ended up being owned by a chud that was raging against Covid19 mandates so I'm not really interested in giving him my money anymore.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah that's pretty much a feature with bbq

I'd suggest eating at bbq places that aren't white (either sauce or owners)

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I don't really care too much about what kind of bbq is the side to my heaping plate of collard greens and jalapeno cornbread.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
On a random note. The last day the dfac was open on our fob, we acquired all the leftover meat and had a cookout. Some of the leftovers were put in igloo coolers and a few days later, me and someone else were talking about something and notice a rank smell. A tanker was eating an old steak and complained later about how he felt sick and wasn't sure what caused it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

We also have a verb for “giving birth” which would have seemed like a given.

The name for an Alpaca giving birth is called an Unpacking.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Now that I think about it, the best stuff I've had fits this rule...

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mustang posted:

BBQ of any kind is kind of hard to find here in WA. One of the local BBQ joints ended up being owned by a chud that was raging against Covid19 mandates so I'm not really interested in giving him my money anymore.

I seem to have stashed this tidbit way back in my head. The selection was universally shockingly bad. I remember that's why we got a smoker now, "gently caress it, we'll do it ourselves!"

I think I went to DD Meats in Lynnwood one time and then ended up going to Bob's Quality Meats in Columbia City basically for the last 2.5 years of my time out there.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

ASAPI posted:

Wasabi the J posted:

I ain't got no type 'cept for that white sauce poo poo.

I generally avoid white foods at BBQ.
C'mon y'all why would I steer y'all wrong?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1410757897395392514?s=21

Semi relevant.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

ASAPI posted:

Potentially the only redeeming factor about Greenville, NC fits this rule. Guy that runs it used to open 8-ish, and closed whenever he ran out of bbq to sell.

Most days he was closed by like 11.

Hopefully he made it through COVID alright, friends of mine that lived in that area used to swear by this place that I cannot remember the name of :(

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

maffew buildings posted:

what the gently caress is white sauce for bbq

Mayonnaise-based. Sounds disgusting.

However, a good one is fantastic on smoked chicken or turkey. They're horrible on anything darker.

And before you blech, remember that most other bbq sauces either start with tomato sugar or concentrated douche.

I spent 20 years here in the state that invented it making GBS threads on the idea before I tried it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1410758277558726663?s=19

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

White sauce is a perfectly fine horseradish delivery system and otherwise useless.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

My only negative opinion on BBQ is Burnt Ends, No thanks on Burnt Ends.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Defenestrategy posted:

My only negative opinion on BBQ is Burnt Ends, No thanks on Burnt Ends.

Never heard of them until I moved to KC, now I love them!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I know there is someone here that does NHC stuff, but I can't for the life of me remember who it is, but NOAA's Aircraft Operations Center just put out a few tweets in response to their upcoming mission to survey Elsa. Apologies if that individual has posted these videos before. (Thread)

https://twitter.com/NOAA_HurrHunter/status/1411022983703969805?s=20

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

SquirrelyPSU posted:

White sauce is a perfectly fine horseradish delivery system and otherwise useless.

White sauce is good as gently caress on 4 am halal cart lamb over rice

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Sacrist65 posted:

I feel like halal white sauce and bbq white sauce are two different things.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sacrist65 posted:

by that point you may as well ask for garlic sauce, the superior white sauce

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

GD_American posted:

most other bbq sauces either start with tomato sugar or concentrated douche.

Is that a cooking term I'm not familiar with?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

There was this great place for ribs right outside of Kingsbay submarine base when I first reported there. I'd stop by once a week or so for a half rack of ribs and some sides. After my second deployment I came back and the place was closed down. The owner had apparently caught his wife cheating and executed her and her boyfriend.

After that, it just wasn't the same. His relatives ran the place, but they didn't out the same effort into anything. Aside from not bbqing the meat correctly they also messed with all the sides. It was a real shame what happened to that place.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

......and, you know, the two that got murdered :stare:

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Sarern posted:

Is that a cooking term I'm not familiar with?

he mean vinegar

Early in the reporting about the old-rear end 737 ditching off the cost in Hawaii there was also reporting that this caused the Boeing share price to trop 2.2%. This particular plane rolled off the assembly line in 1975 and this is a case of technology letting people make bigger mistakes faster like poo poo-talking grilling in a very public way.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/wjhenn/status/1410979421767585797?s=20

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Olympics really trying to not let black women run

https://twitter.com/AfricaFactsZone/status/1410880763290132481

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2021/07/02/namibia-400-christine-mboma-beatrice-masilingi-testosterone/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What the gently caress....

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Sports administrative bodies are loving dogshit. gently caress these clowns

The science behind these kind of rules is arbitrary and stupid. There is no corresponding testosterone cutoff for males or anything of the sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mr. Nice! posted:

What the gently caress....

Didn't you know? Only men are allowed to naturally produce testosterone.

The only answers that can solve this extremely stupid question are ones nobody wants though, so we're just going to have to keep dealing with these organizations doing things to try and scientifically define what the difference between a man and a woman is.