Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

What about his voters

Each and every one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Page of people arguing about BBQ sauce instead of making fun of the FAA for "forced to land the aircraft in the water"

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

That Works posted:

Was it on a treadmill?
No, an infinity pool, obviously.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
So what you're saying is that its perfect for the Olympics.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
All he needed was a good guy with a gun yacht.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Trump's base seem to just be dogshit at everything, which tracks...

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I'm not sure why the credo is "always double down" instead of "oops we hosed up." At this point "oops we hosed up" gets it over with way quicker.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
There's going to have to be some. . . interesting legal rulings in places where "stand your ground" and "nah, you can run over protesters" are both laws.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

What was the point of holding the Olympics

pantslesswithwolves posted:

to line the pockets of some officials

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Get a vasectomy. Look at the state of the world and ask yourself honestly why the gently caress you would want kids. I have three of them and it causes me physical pain to think about the poo poo they may have to deal with for the 70-ish years left in their theoretical average lifespan.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

stackofflapjacks posted:

Serious question, how do you square this perspective with the idea that the people who know how screwed up the Earth is are the people who should probably be having kids aka the Idiocracy having children problem. My wife and I are fairly certain we're going to have kids but I struggle often with your post specifically and how to decide to have kids in a hosed up world. I have grand dreams of my kids being a piece of the puzzle solving climate change but that's a lot to put on kids.

My nightmares are specifically that its too late for climate change and I've brought kids into a world that is going to self destruct. And the US's turn to authoritarian rule and a closed border pandemic added to it. If I thought it was a solvable problem I would be in your camp, because wow are idiots having kids.

I get inspired like "ive got to do more to help with climate change" but know that it will just be passing into the ocean.

I know there is still a substantial chance that they will be ok, but im not even sure its 50%, and its qualitatively different from "there is going to be nuclear armageddon" thst i grew up with because I lived in a city and it would be over in 20 minutes.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

US Berder Patrol posted:

That said, our generation is fed a nonstop diet of doom and gloom and our culture holds a perspective that things are devolving from an idealized past.

Yeah, but this isn't just two roman dudes bitching about the new generation and their participation laurels, there is a genuine extinction level process going on that increasingly looks too late to stop.

Edit: like too late to stop even if there was some magical change of heart among all of humanity to stop using fossil fuels, and that also is not happening.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Don't worry, the Jim Crow II laws will take care of that.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Activision Blizzard: bad
No ethical consumption in capitalism, etc.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I don't know it but I'm sure if you google some combination of corned beef, horseradish, Cleveland, and Michael Symon you'll find it pretty quick.
Slymans is the answer.

Luckily Michael Symon has nothing to do with it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

GD_American posted:

I mean, Korean racism is next level indefensible, but I can also applaud an official broadcaster going full gently caress you

I'll take it over NBC.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

Nope!

I’m actually about an hour outside of Cleveland but made the trip specifically because the R&R HOF is a bucket list item.

It was very underwhelming.
And that is after they spent 5 years working to be less underwhelming. Its still thoroughly meh.

Not really worth it as a bucket list item.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I definitely wouldn't make a trip specifically for it unless you're a huge music fan.
Reporting in as a huge music fan: its still not worth it. They are trying to not be a monument to Boomer Rock Changing The World, Mannnnn, but still failing.

They also have surpsingly little support from artists.

The Country HOF is where its at, and its kind of embarrassing for the Rock Hall how much better it is.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Thesis: bitcoin operates on the same principles as using mackerel tins as currency in prison.

Evidence: no idea, I don't know how currency works.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

TheWeedNumber posted:

I thought it was to turn drugs into money.

Its to turn fossil fuels into carbon emissions into "money" to buy drugs to turn drugs into "money" until some sucker can be found to turn the "money" into money.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Trump supporter brain: "that officer is just an antifa deep state plant."

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Laranzu posted:

That includes changing the food, which has never been the restaurant’s strong suit.

This is like the understatement of the millennium. It was cat food.
My mom used to buy me Mexican food tv dinners when i was a kid in the 80s. Case Bonita was worse.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Uh, did you miss the NY Times think piece about how vaxxed people being angry at the unvaxxed might make them *checks notes* not get vaxxed?

gently caress them all. Every time one of then dies a preventable death, I can't help but giggle.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

PookBear posted:

I'd like to run against someone cosplaying with guns and then challenge them to show up to the range, especially people like boebert where its 100% performative and they have garbage optics and cheap furniture
The cosplaying is the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

Trip report before the thread closes for the month, but lol this was a mistake. I guess poo poo just tastes better when you grow up with it. It was real bad.
Appreciate you taking one for the team before I got a chance to.