Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Eej posted:

Sorry our dreams are relegated to making sure that our grandkids know what sharks are because at this rate their bones will have dissolved in the acidified ocean by the time they're born

Your kids are going to have their bones dissolved in the oceans? Or did you mean shark teeth will be dissolved by the ocean so theme all starve to death? Sharks don't have bones to dissolve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

My Spirit Otter posted:

not sure this is something you want to admit to in public

It sure aint no holy diver thats for sure. Did you guys know that Dio covered that at some point? Glad more people are embracing KSE's stuff now.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Wrong Theory posted:

Didn't see it posted here but in the dorkiest news of the day the opening ceremony for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics included tracks from various video games including:

Dragon Quest- “Roto’s Theme”
Final Fantasy - “Victory Fanfare”
Tales of series - “Sorey’s Theme - The Shepherd”
Monster Hunter series - “Proof of a Hero”
Kingdom Hearts - “Olympus Coliseum”
Chrono Trigger - “Frog’s Theme”
Ace Combat - “First Flight”
Tales of series - “Royal Capital Majestic Grandeur”
Monster Hunter - “Wind of Departure”
Chrono Trigger - “Robo’s Theme”
Sonic the Hedgehog - “Star Light Zone”
Pro Evolution Soccer - “eFootball Walk-on Theme”
Final Fantasy - “Main Theme”
Phantasy Star Universe - “Guardians”
Kingdom Hearts - “Hero’s Fanfare”
Gradius - “01 Act I-1”
Nier - “Song of the Ancients”
SaGa series - “The Minstrel’s Refrain: SaGa Series Medley 2016”
Soulcalibur - “The Brave New Stage of History”

https://www.siliconera.com/tokyo-olympics-used-final-fantasy-kingdom-hearts-and-nier-music-in-opening-ceremony/

The only thing that could have been done better is if they had the Soul Calibur announcer announce the countries during the parade. "Welcome, to the stage of history!" and then some country with like 4 athletes walks in. It could have been really epic.

I still say the best pick from AC was Zero. First flight is ok i guess

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

That Works posted:

Not sure they're in the habit of hiring people that have been found guilty of lying to them

But the agents write reports all the time

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Must be nice to just get a slap on the wrist for bringing a gun in your carryon without the proper certification

Edit: and doesn't the tsa have a 90% fall rate? How bad is he at this that he got caught?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, now, I was on a Delta flight last month and got to see the first four episodes of The Office UK, which blows the absolute poo poo out of the US version which is one of two shows Comedy Central shows nowadays.

Thankfully i don't hate South Park yet