Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

It's a hullabaloo created by the GOP to have something to yell about.

It's 100% this. They are having a very hard time finding anything with substance (regarding Biden) to get the base fired up over. So they've decided that THE BORDER and CRITICAL RACE THEORY are gonna be those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

I dunno, darts is pretty good too.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I like that Tim Tebow is able to consistently prove that "boomer" isn't an age as much as it's a mindset.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
CE: We were going to a 4th of July bbq, pulled up to the hosts house, and they had their best Trump flag on one side of their garage, and a black flag on the other. We went home.

Hope you idiots are having a good 4th.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

GD_American posted:

Since I've never shopped for one, do they have APRs around that credit card area, or can you get comparable rates to buying cars?

It depends. If you have good credit the big companies will give you pretty good terms, like I think Yamaha was offering 3% for 36 - 60 months, but it was functionally the same as a credit card, missing a payment would increase you interest rate etc..
Otherwise rates are all over the place.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Oh man, that app store is gonna be amazing.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Mot Bailey, now known in the USN as lieutenant commander Bailey.

:sigh:

Didn't he also post a bunch of poo poo about ships movement and material condition during an INSURV?

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Tax non-owner occupied housing at a rate that actually discourages hoarding houses like they are a prize.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Well, this could be fun!

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1417553154825146369

I wasn't tracking anything on this dipshit, other than he was one of the many Trump-orbit dipshits.

He is the real estate dude right?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Woodchip posted:

Looks like Chi is full of containers and they’re not sending them out fast enough, so the west coast has to stop sending to Chi.

Supply chain is a mess everywhere.

There are little things with supply chain that seem to be getting worse and not better, and I kind of feel unnerved by the fact nobody is really talking about it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

lightpole posted:

Current worry is the lack of vaccination for mariners worldwide. The inability to get on/off a ship is driving down the viability/attractiveness and people are leaving to do other things. Like 5% of Filipino seafarers are vaccinated or something and they make up a large % of the labor force. Right now the US is struggling to fill our open slots.

JIT was great for overall efficiency but it sure struggles to account for variability.

That's what I was thinking. I've been on half a dozen conference calls and meetings in the last few months talking about how our company is leaning in suppliers hard to get inventory to us, but nobody is talking about how we would be in slightly better (not great!) shape if we hadn't moved all our manufacturing overseas. I work in a medical adjacent industry, and talking with customer and friends in other aspects of the business and it's hosed all over.

The consumer side sucks as well, like, I love going to the grocery store and it's flat out of some random thing, like bread or onions. Also if seems like the quality of produce has gotten significantly worse. I won't buy more than a head of garlic at one time because they end up going bad by the end of the week, as an example. There is also like no inventory for any of my hobby stuff available, which is an extremely first world problem to have.

But don't worry, I'm sure the fact that our politicians haven't said poo poo about it means it's not a big deal!

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Good news, I think that makes you qualified to be an expert on Bitcoin.

https://www.independent.co.uk/money/bitcoin-ethereum-cryptocurrency-price-drop-invest-china-b1883069.html

Coins are dumb, they cost too much to use and they take too long to process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

I'm a big fan of the "...what a lot of posters in this thread voted for" line. What point are you trying to make with that?

Apparently the 50 or so posters in this subforum are responsible for the sorry state of the American political system, and that dude likes to pop in here on occasion and remind us of that fact.