Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1410709115333234691

beyond parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:sweep: 🥌

Kazinsal posted:

Bring back juice era MLB as a separate league where it's just like a handful of teams of giant veiny dudes roided out to the gills smashing baseballs out to a distance of a quarter mile.

Every game like an R.B.I. straight-pitch-only game :getin:

Milo and POTUS posted:

I didn't even know race walking was a thing until like... 2 or 3 olympics ago. I thought people were loving with me until I saw it

Was that the one where that one guy shat himself?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
How hosed up can someone be that they go after firefighters and EMTs? Jesus.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Lake of Methane posted:

If you have purchased a data set of user locations (thanks Verizon!), it would be relatively trivial to identify each unique identifiers' most-frequented landmarks and then go fishing to see who's in the middle of the Venn diagram of church facilities vs. dens of iniquity. Translating from an identifier to a person is theoretically impossible, unless they ever go home.

Remember back when AOL released a huge amount of :airquote: anonymized :airquote: search logs, and the internet more or less instantly de-anonymized a lot of it?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol no but I dont doubt it. When was this

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Does that study differentiate between infections in vaccinated and unvaccinated people? I imagine that the subset of "got vaccinated (before getting COVID)" people in the "got COVID" group is pretty small, though.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Tell me you know nothing about how crypto works without telling me you know nothing about how crypto works.

lightpole posted:

I don't give a gently caress. The government is going to want greater control over its currency and if it can track flows around the world it gains a lot of power among other things. Theres also just putting money in peoples accounts or taking it out.

:hmmyes:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Crypto is a self-trampling stampede of scams, and the entire idea of Britcoin seems to be a solution seeking a problem. If your whole goal is "well, we want to be able to give money to people directly", there are plenty of ways to do that (mailing a check, direct deposit, etc). Even if you wanted to have an account for everyone, you could create a central public bank for everyone and just use normal currency, allowing you to leverage the massive amount of infrastructure that exists for payment processing. If you want tighter control, that's what anti-money-laundering and KYC laws are for. (I know this isn't the US, but I assume they have some similar laws.)

If the goal is "create a central state-ran bank anyone can use", that's great. But the instant you involve anything from crypto land, you're making the wrong choice.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Nevada just brought back the mask mandate, which is good considering we're basically the Delta hot spot.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Gimme da cash.xls

Oceans365 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'm a big fan of the "...what a lot of posters in this thread voted for" line. What point are you trying to make with that?