Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Eason the Fifth posted:

Like 6 years late but I just watched Fury

There were a couple good scenes but mostly it felt like a second-rate Saving Private Ryan with all the same stock characters, shames

It was extremely annoying that the film literally did the "it took five shermans to knock out one tiger" myth, but putting actual history and tactics aside it was cool to see old those old tanks rumbling around, with some great effects to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

pantslesswithwolves posted:

What was the point of holding the Olympics again, other than to line the pockets of some officials?

In fairness, it does mean a lot for the athletes themselves. One of my friends from high school did tryouts for both the 2016 and 2020 women's wrestling teams, and simply preparing for the tryouts was an extremely arduous, year-long process of training and preparation. So I'm glad that something resembling the Olympics is still going on for their sake if nothing else.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I feel the same thing whenever I go into the Air & Space Museum in DC. So very little has changed or been added since I went in there all :swoon: as a snot-nosed five year old in 1986 for the first time. It's gone from being a palace of wonders to a mausoleum of failed :effort:.

I mean part of that is because up until 2019, the museum hadn't actually undergone any renovations to its major galleries since it opened in 1976. That is changing though—they started undergoing a massive 7 year renovation project two years ago, with plans to update every major gallery in the museum and bring it up to modern standards.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It is worth noting that even in the Apollo days, NASA wasn't designing and building the rockets by themselves. The Saturn V was built from components constructed by Boeing, North American Aviation, Douglas, and Grumman, and the F1 rocket engine was designed by Rocketdyne. Musk is obviously a tremendous rear end in a top hat who deserves infinite scorn, but SpaceX and NASA both do good work, and hopefully they can both continue to do good work in the future.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/DemocracyDocket/status/1414631168348196867?s=19

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

did this person even read the story because, from what I can tell, the article and actual report very clearly use the actual federal and state minimums, and $18 is the current median wage.

maybe it's because I'm mad and depressed about a lot of stuff right now but loving christ I hate it when idiots on social media trip over themselves to post hot takes and get half the loving details wrong in the process, when the actual story is bad enough as it is

e: like here's the actual fact that should be quoted from the article:

quote:

Given each state and locality's minimum wage, the report finds that the average minimum wage worker in the U.S. would need to work nearly 97 hours per week to afford the average two-bedroom home.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Midjack posted:

This seems like the dawning of a goatse renaissance.

"The Geodesic Offensive Anti-Tank System of Engagement is the latest technology used to defend armored vehicles. An upgrade over existing APS setups, GOATSE has been specially designed to create a ring of protection while engaging in deep penetration maneuvers. Enemies will find GOATSE where they least expect it, and any attacks will be immediately engulfed within its gaping maw. In addition, when paired with the Combat eXtension package, GOATSE.CX is capable of displaying even more range and penetrative capabilities.

Rest assured, gentlemen, this is the future of warfare—not that TUBGIRL poo poo General Dynamics is offering."

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Untagged posted:

That's the real Ocean City.

The plane landing is from the dirtier sand version in NJ.

:mad: Ocean City NJ is perfectly cromulent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

As Nero Danced posted:

I've been tempted to run against Madison Cawthorne on this very platform. Only I don't think my campaign slogan "you're a whiny little poo poo, ain't ya?" is going to get much airtime.

You could easily make a few ads mocking this:

https://twitter.com/juliegraceb/status/1421245568035196931?s=19