Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1417301374245687296

What...uh...prompted this "change of heart"? Rupert's advertisers threatening to pull ads and/or GOP donors threatening to assfuck everyone who doesn't cut the crap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The cognitive dissonance inside the empty heads of the people who thought January 6th was a good thing but also do the Blue Lives Matter, etc. schtick must be a hell of a thing.

"We support our law enforcement BUT ALSO ARE PRESIDENT DONE HAD THIS ELECTION STOLED FROM HIM AND HE SAYS TO BURN IT DOWN SO..."

That Works posted:

Funny he seems to hint along these lines everytime he's in public now.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1419685073012412422?s=20

How long until the inevitable walkback as part of the Trumpers' "Say what we really think, then downplay it in a couple days" strategy?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Will we get the awful hospital TV or the somewhat less bad airline movie selection?

Hey, now, I was on a Delta flight last month and got to see the first four episodes of The Office UK, which blows the absolute poo poo out of the US version which is one of two shows Comedy Central shows nowadays.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

My exwife would watch the office dvds on repeat. She loved it. It's why I know Jim and Pam are the worst people on the show.

Most everyone on the show is garbage in their own way and the supporting cast makes up the tolerable/enjoyable people but, after having watched through S4 (and DVRing the first half of 5 off Comedy Central but deleting it as I couldn't be bothered), the only redeeming about the show has been Jim and Pam (though I've heard they get worse as you get deeper into the series. I'm almost certain it's because I was literally in the exact same situation Jim was with office dating a couple years ago.

The difference was, not having the writing staff doing screenplays of my life, I didn't get the girl in the end.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Once they get married, they're way shittier than the earlier seasons. Passive aggressive decision making. And they did that stupid wedding dance down the aisle that now looks as dumb as it really was, because that show is not aging well.

There are lots of reasons to hate Jim/Pam. Kraszinski running off to do right wing propaganda was the nail in the coffin for me watching anything else he even remotely appears in.

I haven't gotten that far in the series yet (and may not), but wasn't there something about that being because the original idea was to have Roy ride in on a horse in a last-ditch effort to win Pam back and, when it didn't work, Dwight was going to try to ride it across Niagara Falls before the writers thought it was too hosed to kill off a horse, at which point they went "Ok, we need to fill time here with literally anything else"?

e- Don't get me wrong, neither ending is a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Looks like they unmasked who was funding the Arizona “audit.” It’s a bunch of bs Trump backs like Mike Flynn, Sidney Powell, and some OANN douche bags, to no one’s surprise.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/arizona-audit-michael-flynn-sidney-powell-oan-patrick-byrne-funding_n_6104afcde4b0048f361d70b1

How desperate do you have to be to climb the ladder/please Durr Fuhrer to be a reporter for a third-rate "news" network and shell out a portion of $605k to fund this?