Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Slenderman murder girl is being released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

We Vogons have the honor of informing you that your city/state/planet has been selected to host the Olympic Games. This is your only warning.

When you think about it, Trump is the real Zaphod. The Saudi Orb thing was his improbability drive button.

Or maybe it was his diet coke button.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pretty sure big tobacco is just waiting with baited breath for federally legal weed. Any venture until then is likely to flounder.

The French will probably be down for testing whatever they put out, though. Always a market somewhere.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

maffew buildings posted:

drat it's really too bad that with all this evidence she was all in on doing treason and getting people in and out of Congress killed that nothing can be done

Her district shrunk. Colorado got another seat, so she's losing the portion that contained Pueblo, Walsenburg and at least part of the SLV.

She's going to win by a higher percentage next time because the chud density increases as general populace drops, but we'll get another seat that will almost certainly go democrat.

I want to see her district reduced to basically that shithole Rifle.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
'Murica.

Neil deGrasse Tyson talking poo poo about Branson and Bezos on Fareed Zakaria this morning.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Defenestrategy posted:

What is supposed be impressive about this? Isn't ramjet tech a 60's/70's thing.

It's not like they made it commercially available either with a 400k price tag.

It's rich people bullshit, nothing more. Whether or not it turns into rich people ultra concorde commercial flights (from loving New Mexico, no less) doesn't matter to us little people.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

hobbesmaster posted:

Branson is the first in space on a 100% private spacecraft which is something I guess.

SpaceX Dragon capsule.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

hobbesmaster posted:

That was paid for and flown by NASA.

Ah. I figured at best it was a partnership thing.

But yeah, of course nasa paid for it. I assumed it was more in-house.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

In what manner?

Fareed would ask something like "so is branson going to space?" And NdGT just went like, "no" and broke out a globe going to town on explaining why it isn't space. Just Neil being Neil.

His entire bit can be summed up basically as saying "Shepard did this in the 60s" and "no that isn't space."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A Bad Poster posted:

I wonder how quickly the conversion of the US from F to C would be if your phone just stopped supporting Fahrenheit out the box. The response would have to be "yeah, and you don't see Kelvin as an option either, do you?"

I support this option.

It's a comfy 26°C here in my corner of Colorado.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tennessee trying to kill itself faster is fine with me. Between covid and permitless concealed carry, they might be losing a congresscritter next time around.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MA-Horus posted:

Motherfuck I just saw pictures of Bagram post-withdrawl

You guys left enough loving kit behind to cover the CAF's annual budget! All those armored vehicles! What the gently caress!

Did you not see the mess of poo poo we left behind in Iraq?

And there's a goddamn port there, we could have pulled a bunch of equipment out with relative ease. And there's no easy way of bringing poo poo into Afghanistan, let alone back out.

Kinda makes you think, maybe we should booby trap the equipment before leaving. If they're ultimately going to turn up in Taliban hands, why not make it interesting for the first few days of the abandonment?

Oh wait international laws.

E: you don't even have to booby trap poo poo so much as disable it. Humvees take next to no effort to mechanically disable, and can be done in enough ways to eat up valuable time from truck to truck, making them useless in the initial push.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 14, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

hobbesmaster posted:

Doesn't the US not recognize the applicable treaties?

That's what I was thinking. We tend to not give a gently caress. Why not have some troops rig up some explosives on the motor pool line? Not like we didn't leave a bunch of explosives behind, too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's because we don't give out plaques and trophies for acquiring a clearance.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Billionaires going to "space" is a sideshow.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Seems unfair to real freaks

There are more bearded women than billionaires.

Freaks deserve a break. Billionaires need to start doing stupider, riskier poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah. Cool zone is civil unrest. This is just our comeuppance.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Flikken posted:

Maybe since we are leaving Afghanistan in 2021 we don't need as much spending in 2022???

Nonsense, we have to rebuild the stockpile of poo poo we left in Afghanistan.

*But we already have so much surplus*

SHUSH! We need NEW equipment prepared for future wars!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

boop the snoot posted:

We need a new uniform for the army.

Space force.

Space force needs new uniforms. There's a new sponge in town to absorb tax dollars.

I haven't kept up with space force, so this is all presumptuous.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
High water mark for the day reached, it's all downhill from here.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That better show up on youtube and be hosted by Jimmy Carr.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Isn't a lot of cash just sitting around at federal reserve banks and vaults, and they just change the name on who owns what pile as money shifts from bank to bank?

I seem to remember this kinda being the case.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was thinking more along the lines of Modern Marvels: Fort Knox, but to each their own on bullion storage.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kesper North posted:

Southpark dudes want to buy Casa Bonita

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/07/28/south-park-casa-bonita-denver-sale/

loving do it, it can only be an improvement

Totally for it.

Smells smoky as gently caress in the Springs today.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Get you a boat up into Colorado. If LeVar Burton and Troy can pilot the Childish Tycoon from Colorado to the ocean, you can backtrack a way up. I can meet you on the Arkansas or Rio Grande.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The american Office is just loving terrible all around. Cringe comedy was popular for a moment and they drug that poo poo out for a decade. Parks and Rec is only marginally better, because of casting, the format is absolute poo poo.

The brits were right to cut scripted series down to 6-8 episodes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My exwife would watch the office dvds on repeat. She loved it. It's why I know Jim and Pam are the worst people on the show.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CBJSprague24 posted:

Most everyone on the show is garbage in their own way and the supporting cast makes up the tolerable/enjoyable people but, after having watched through S4 (and DVRing the first half of 5 off Comedy Central but deleting it as I couldn't be bothered), the only redeeming about the show has been Jim and Pam (though I've heard they get worse as you get deeper into the series. I'm almost certain it's because I was literally in the exact same situation Jim was with office dating a couple years ago.

The difference was, not having the writing staff doing screenplays of my life, I didn't get the girl in the end.

Once they get married, they're way shittier than the earlier seasons. Passive aggressive decision making. And they did that stupid wedding dance down the aisle that now looks as dumb as it really was, because that show is not aging well.

There are lots of reasons to hate Jim/Pam. Kraszinski running off to do right wing propaganda was the nail in the coffin for me watching anything else he even remotely appears in.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've fortunately masked most memories of that show with a thick coating of THC, I don't remember the specifics about the episode besides the dance because it was everywhere at the time. Just a fad that ran that summer, like that time in the 90s when swing music was big for two months.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Mac and cheese with cut up hot dogs, man. I still love kraft mac, 90¢ blue box style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Velveeta is made by kraft.

I like shells and cheese, or the liquid cheese, but not 3x the price of powdered.