Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Donald Rumsfeld has been happily reunited with his twin flame Saddam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Hell yeah OCMD in the news for being very normal again

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It’s important to understand the difference between different kinds of bad ideologies because they behave and react in different ways. That being said for the sake of rhetoric sometimes it’s easy to simplify.

Trump isn’t really a fascist, he’s more like Franco in just being a right wing autocrat that’s friendly with them, but it’s close enough for the sake of rhetoric. A lot of his supporters, much like Franco are fascists. But he won’t behave like a Hitler.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Saying something isn’t fascist doesn’t mean it wasn’t equally bad or worse.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Actual I think Von Hindenburg is a better analogy for Trump than Franco. I just don’t have a guess yet how the Hitler will be

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Sounds like a bunch of disruptophobes at the FBI

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Just the right amount of heat in the take

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

In certain parts of the country people get irrationally mad and hostile to anyone near a road who isn’t driving. Rural New England was the only place where I actually got glass bottles thrown at me while jogging for no reason.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

hobbesmaster posted:

Doesn't the US not recognize the applicable treaties?

I think Land mine treaties is one of those cases where the US and NK were the only refusals.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

Your shirt literally said gently caress rural new england!

It sure would now

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Yeah the next blowup will probably be in tech or something that hasn’t blown up before. The whole reason bubbles happen are because almost no one sees it coming and doesn’t want to see it coming

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

TheWeedNumber posted:

wobble wobble g

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Hmm yeah imagine if the government did anything to MLK

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

FrozenVent posted:

I hope they rolled their own crypto.

Oh 100% it’ll be running some horrible android fork that offers no more features riddled with vulns and spyware but it’s a randian patriot hero and not BIG TECH doing it so it’s okay.

Also this already exists and is relatively not poo poo or even that hard to use, it’s just marketed to hacker types and security nerds. Graphene OS.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

ASAPI posted:

Went to the site and found this gem half way down:

Lol called it

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Piss tape is real and gently caress you if you tell me otherwise

Lol they finally said the quiet part loud after 30 years.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lol

So if you’re not a Linux nerd he just word-saladed every privacy focused smartphone android fork. Graphene OS at least compared to Lineage, which to my knowledge is the only really remotely mature one, is only supported for specific Pixel phones and from what I’ve heard runs like poo poo on unsupported hardware.

I’ve heard elsewhere that the hardware for the freedom phone is just a super cheap Samsung like clone anyone can buy on alibaba marked up about 4 times so there’s no way it isn’t just bog-standard android with Parler and maybe some extra spyware pre loaded, or in the unlikely event they actually stole code from serious privacy phone projects, will be borderline unusable.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I think it’s pretty possible keep a decent amount of privacy unless you’re like an investigative journalist or political activist but it’s inconvenient and time consuming, enough that I and I imagine 99% of people haven’t bothered except for the most basic steps.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I don’t think they’re actually stealing code, that would be more work than just saying they did.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mr. Nice! posted:

They aren't stealing anything. It's a straight up ali baba dropshipped chinese phone with a patriotic theme and preloaded spyware that they make $370 in profit per unit.

I mean “stealing” code from FOSS projects like Graphene not in the legal sense, but as others are saying it’s unlikely they’re even doing that, but they are just implying it to piggyback on the reputation more credible projects have.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Oh god I love darknet diaries I forgot about it after the iOS update made the app unusable

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Not even the important ones, a lot of middle manager types in the regime got off fine since they didn’t directly interact with the death camps. The only real difference between a lot of them and Heydrich or Eichmann was that they didn’t happen to be put in charge of death camp stuff.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

CommieGIR posted:

That and Heydrich getting popped by Czech Army-in-Exile in Operation Anthropoid

I know that ruled at least

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Do I remember reading that the fbi basically won't ask you something unless they already know the answer?

Generally yeah. FBI is kinda unique among cop agencies in that they don’t make a move unless they hold all the cards. They way they do arrests usually is oddly casual especially compared to the way most cops play gravy seals and show up with plate carriers hanging off their gut. If they’re going to do hosed up poo poo they get the locals to do it, like Fred Hampton.

But basically if the FBI is after you you’re probably hosed. They’re not going to invest a lot of effort in cases that aren’t slam dunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

You might even say the underlying issue is the structure of capital ownership