Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/1996ID4/status/1411021351012507649?s=19

There goes the holiday 96

I haven't watched Independence Day in years but I imagine it still holds up

:yiikes: Did 3/6 lose some rifles again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Like 6 years late but I just watched Fury

There were a couple good scenes but mostly it felt like a second-rate Saving Private Ryan with all the same stock characters, shames

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Yeah the fight with the Tiger was great, and that sequence when they look up and see all the bombers crossing the sky was Different and Interesting, but the characters were just another version of Miller/Upham/Jackson with all the same character traits and the same story beats. Leaders die and shitbirds live. Alamo fight at the end. Etc.

I think this is mostly a David Ayer thing. His movies I've seen (Training Day, End of Watch, Fury) are pretty average and hackneyed with below-par third acts but often salvaged by great acting (like Denzel Washington as Alonzo Harris).

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 3, 2021

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
It really made me want to play company of heroes again, I'll give it that. And the sound mixing was excellent. I just wish the script was better.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Man, I got so many vaccines in basic training and pre-deployment that I forgot what half of them even were. When I found the records and gave them to a new PCP she was like, holy poo poo, what vaccines didn't you get?

I never got the full sequence for anthrax, just the first few, so that's uh kinda not useful I guess but whatever

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

shame on an IGA posted:

unironic hell yeah USA: Biden prioritizing justice for the green card vets that got hosed over

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1412078820291760148

A Good Thing until 2025 when they get the boot again under Trump's second term or DeSantis :bang:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I'm 100% okay with showing that women can also, in fact, be incredibly lovely

but like with lovely men, hagiographies are bad business

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

PookBear posted:

come and take it

Like being assassinated by a woman wearing a shirt that says LOL

The horror
The horror

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

boop the snoot posted:

I don’t know how to feel about this.

On one hand, this is a self-own on par with Ashley Babbit on Jan 6, and

Grip it and rip it posted:

All of these people loving suck

but on the other hand,

Kazinsal posted:

Caitlyn Jenner deserves to be shunned forever, but not because of her gender identity.

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 10, 2021

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Wonder if Biden will extended the student loan deferment with the delta variant risk. Obviously Corona has sucked for millions of people but the money saved on my interest is the thinnest of silver linings and pretty God drat huge for me

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

US Berder Patrol posted:

the art museum is surprisingly good

not like world class level, but way better than you'd expect from Cleveland

Conversely, the rock and roll hall of fame is kinda lame, though they may have improved it since I was there

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I'm from Cincinnati (though I haven't lived in Ohio for ten years) and I'll be that guy. I like skylines, I like LaRosa pizza too, and I loving love goetta

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
If you're a contractor and you didn't use covid to duck out of the client site and WFH forever then :lol:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/2021/07/senate-approves-july-30-2021-as-national-whistleblower-appreciation-day/

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 30, 2021

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

lmao forever

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Of course he doesn't - he likes his groupings segregated.

:kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Cringe comedy is hideous and I knew I was an old man when it became the rage and I hated it