Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

If my calculations are correct, Joe Biden is about to break a hip trying to get strapped into an F-16 in a couple days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

silvergoose posted:

Plain toast is in the stomach-feeling-awful food group.

I once had a doctor recommend the "BRAT" diet for that - bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. I think the idea is partly that they're bland, easy to digest foods, and partly that they won't be too gross if they ultimately come back up.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

BIG HEADLINE posted:

What's Latin for "Floating Bolthole?"

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/somnio-worlds-first-yacht-liner-unveiled/index.html

200+ feet longer than a Burke-class, displaces over three times more. I'm calling it now, we'll see the first private luxury aircraft carrier in this loving decade.

Just to put this in perspective, Jeff Bezos could buy this thing outright for roughly the same percentage of his wealth as me buying a 2003 Honda Civic.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

facialimpediment posted:

They think the mortar got him right in the chest, rather than smashing his head running away.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1412104140902354948

"Blasted out of a hot tub by an errant firework" sure is one hell of a way to go.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Defenestrategy posted:

If this person is being genuine and not actually trying to put a collaborator on a pedestal, it's still a really weird thing to post a Nazi Collaborator as an example of Women doing horrible poo poo. I mean hell, post Olga of Kiev for basically firebombing an entire city and then cutting down or enslaving anyone who fled.

You'd think if they actually wanted to make some kind of "women can be bad too" point, they would have actually, y'know, mentioned the bad part instead of incredibly obliquely saying "and then she got killed by the French resistance for some reason".

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nick Soapdish posted:

Basically this is the dril "you don't infact gotta hand it to them" tweet

It reminds me of the ARE TROOPS dipshits who consistently get trolled into praising photos of Christopher Dorner or Lee Harvey Oswald on Twitter, except in this case they're doing it to themselves.

https://twitter.com/iAmTheWarax/status/1412205546875334656

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
This is like seven different flavors of yikes.

https://twitter.com/GwynneFitz/status/1411709470237986817

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I wish they’d consistently have the Olympics and World Cup in cities that already have stadiums built. But yeah, corruption so it’s inconsistent.

It's cool when they're able to maintain and continue using the venues. Lake Tahoe got a lot of use out of a lot of the skiiing infrastructure from the olympics there, IIRC. But that usually requires some planning, institutional will, and economic niche to maintain, so a lot of times all that expensive construction just gets left to rot after the games.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I love when a post in the wrong thread seamlessly reroutes the conversation to that of the other thread. :3:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
How would that even work? e: using the military for a reverse-coup, not HUD allowing deathtrap housing

Inauguration day: "Corporal, I need you to drive a tank up to the Capitol building and arrest Joe Biden. It's a... uh, training exercise."

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pretty sure if GRU or SVR gave out participation trophies 60% of people with clearances would give poo poo up just for something to take a picture of to post to their loving Facebook walls.

Only the smartest 1% of people will be able to answer all these questions!
1. The make and model of your first car.
2. Your elementary school.
3. A city name that doesn't contain the letter "a".
4. The activation code for a B83 nuclear bomb.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

mlmp08 posted:

Current Event: Mil and veterans with honorable discharge can stream Olympics for free on NBC or via nbc app using Exchange login.

May not be available if you live oversees, other than on a military base.

Free way to watch live and choose sports to watch vs US broadcast primetime edits.

Neat! Here's an article that shows how to do it: https://www.military.com/off-duty/t...mpics-free.html

Takes like two minutes to make an Exchange account, super easy.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Eason the Fifth posted:

Conversely, the rock and roll hall of fame is kinda lame, though they may have improved it since I was there

I remember the costume stuff being pretty cool. David Bowie and Michael Jackson alone have like an entire section.

You can also rent a Tiki Barge to see the wondrous scenery along the industrial section of the Cuyahoga river.

Cleveland is in kind of a weird place right now. There's a lot of push for modernization and improvement of some public areas, but then you go two blocks and it's like walking into the shittier parts of a third world country.

I was a fan of the proposals with a Commodore Perry theme like the Cleveland Commodores or Cleveland Commanders, but literally anything is better than the current team name, so Go Guardians I guess.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Flikken posted:

Did you tour the WWII sub right next door?

The USS Cod is currently in a shipyard getting some maintenance done, unfortunately. I mean, it's good that they're doing maintenance, but you can't visit it right now.

And yeah, the Rock Hall is a neat thing to visit if you happen to be in Cleveland, but I definitely wouldn't make a trip specifically for it unless you're a huge music fan. I'm struggling to think of anything that's really bucket-list worthy or world-class in Cleveland that would justify a trip in and of itself... plenty of stuff that's "nice enough" and fun to do, but nothing really unique that you can't get elsewhere.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Ohio doesn't have wildfires or hurricanes or (many) earthquakes or tsunamis or whatever. It's a pretty chill place with some nice lakes and some mountains down south and a lot of forests and farm land. It's the vanilla ice cream of states; nothing exciting, blandly comfortable, and very white.

The USAF museum is arguably the best aviation museum in the country and probably in the world. That's one thing in the state that I would consider a bucket list item for anyone interested in airplanes.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

stealie72 posted:

Evidence: no idea, I don't know how currency works.

Good news, I think that makes you qualified to be an expert on Bitcoin.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
https://twitter.com/cyclingreporter/status/1419718932320165895

"A 27-year-old triathlete won Olympic gold, vomited everywhere, and had to be taken away in a wheelchair"

"The Olympic legend Matthew Pinsent called the performance "outstanding.""

Meanwhile I did a practice PRT today, I had to pedal really hard for 12 minutes on a stationary bike. :sweatdrop:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/kylieatwood/status/1420127149235834887?s=19

Good. I know around here (NC) the health systems and State are requiring vaccination much like flu shot or other vaccines

Dammit, it doesn't include military. For an ephemeral moment I started to get my hopes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
If only everyone had voted for the Perfectly Correct In Every Way party like I did then we wouldn't have this problem.