Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

If anyone wants a case study of what the aftermath of structure collapse looks like. This wall collapsed 5 years ago, and up until this year noone could touch anything because of ongoing lawsuits. So it just sat there. For 4 years.

https://twitter.com/WGAL/status/1410727001380384771?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mustang posted:

BBQ of any kind is kind of hard to find here in WA. One of the local BBQ joints ended up being owned by a chud that was raging against Covid19 mandates so I'm not really interested in giving him my money anymore.

I seem to have stashed this tidbit way back in my head. The selection was universally shockingly bad. I remember that's why we got a smoker now, "gently caress it, we'll do it ourselves!"

I think I went to DD Meats in Lynnwood one time and then ended up going to Bob's Quality Meats in Columbia City basically for the last 2.5 years of my time out there.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

White sauce is a perfectly fine horseradish delivery system and otherwise useless.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I know there is someone here that does NHC stuff, but I can't for the life of me remember who it is, but NOAA's Aircraft Operations Center just put out a few tweets in response to their upcoming mission to survey Elsa. Apologies if that individual has posted these videos before. (Thread)

https://twitter.com/NOAA_HurrHunter/status/1411022983703969805?s=20

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Sacrist65 posted:

White sauce is good as gently caress on 4 am halal cart lamb over rice

I feel like halal white sauce and bbq white sauce are two different things.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Fun fact, dump truck drivers frequently disable their alarms for when the bed is raised because they are annoying.

E: I read a post on Reddit that I agree with which is that the bridge is probably hosed because the beams at the impact site probably all suffered lateral torsional buckling failure.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 16, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

shame on an IGA posted:

They already demo'd the bridge, finished sometime around 3 this morning.

Almost certainly the fastest GA government has ever done anything.

They got the I-285 bridge fire damage fixed fast enough that I never heard another peep about it. Hadn't even thought about it until just now.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

US Berder Patrol posted:

What's the name of that corned beef place in Cleveland

Easily my favorite thing in that city. Big pile of corned beef and rye toast for breakfast. Only place that's ever given me enough horseradish, really spoke to me

I don't know it but I'm sure if you google some combination of corned beef, horseradish, Cleveland, and Michael Symon you'll find it pretty quick.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

West Side Market is fun to walk around in, the Zoo owns.

I grew up in NWPA and thought Cleveland was a light year away. Drove back from Seattle and stopped at my grandparents' place and realized it was like 45 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

this was in Worthington, PA

Worthington, PA’s demographics really show why they are concerned about this:

Population est 2019: less than 600 people.

The racial makeup of the borough was 99.10% White, 0.26% African American, 0.13% Asian, 0.13% from other races, and 0.39% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.26% of the population.

Here’s a couple of others:

There were more. I saw one about China being to blame for COVID and one about how you have a choice to not be vaccinated.

There might have been even more but I was at a light and it turned green and I wanted to leave Worthington, PA.

You picked a really dumb part of PA. Unfortunately, there are worse.