Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

maffew buildings posted:

wow it IS just mayo, pretty gross, congrats on your broken palates and brains everyone outing themselves here

Mayo is just oil and egg yolks, I could marinade chicken in mayo and you would have no idea unless I told you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da3AgIWFZdM&t=435s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

BBQ of any kind is kind of hard to find here in WA. One of the local BBQ joints ended up being owned by a chud that was raging against Covid19 mandates so I'm not really interested in giving him my money anymore.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

JBLM sends active duty engineers to help with forest fires every year.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The only officer I know that married a stripper married her while he was still enlisted at Ft. Bragg.

He ended up getting relieved of command. He was an alcoholic, pissed hot and was a domestic abuser. Among many other things he's guilty of. Surprised he was able to keep it under wraps for so long considering how much his company was aware of his poo poo.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

As Nero Danced posted:

Um, how long ago was this? That sounds like my mom's boyfriend from when I was a kid (she wasn't a stripper, but his rebound after she left him was).

Or maybe there's just something in the liquor around Ft Bragg that makes people do that poo poo.

Just a few years ago. They're both still married to each other. From what I remember the domestic abuse went both ways so I guess they're made for each other? They treated each other and other people like complete poo poo.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

You guys are talking about the wrong tank movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IatwoA00E0

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I doubt many of the commanders would go along with it. A majority of officers have hated Trump since the moment he took office. I think the more likely outcome would be small numbers of troops showing up to stuff like the 1/6 insurrection rather than entire units defecting. In my opinion the modern US military is too diverse for something like that to happen.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Suicide Watch posted:

in a lot of modern military coups you would have officers giving orders to enlisted telling them it was a training exercise, like in the turkish one recently. why should we expect the lower ranks to be fully cognizant of orders and their implications?

I'm saying they would never receive the order in the first place because the commanders would correctly view it as illegal, on top of already not caring all that much for Trump in the first place.

I have a hard time seeing enough Trump sympathizers up and down the huge bureaucracy of the military in enough key positions to actually get any kind of effective coup executed.

Millennial and zoomer officers in particular are not at all fans of Trump and his politics, despite generally being fairly conservative themselves. Trump would need to get the officer corps on his side, and he never did.

I doubt there's many militaries more diverse than the US's and I also have a hard time seeing those same troops going along with a coup as well. Which is why I think any military coup attempt wouldn't amount to more than some extremists heading to events like the insurrection on their own.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

A SOF board I used to read from time to time once had some dudes posting about how liberals are the biggest existential threat to the US today, so definitely more than 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I think that's another case where you can see demographic trends in the civilian population reflected in the military, ie today the more educated you are the more likely you are to vote for Democrats.

They seem to be doubling down on the culture war stuff so I don't think we're going to see a less rude version, "the cruelty is the point".