Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Saint Freak posted:

Is your inventory full or auto-sell on?

It was Auto-Sell doing it :sweatdrop:

I thought it only applied to the map completion stuff and was getting tired of selling -5 divers and .5 bonus boost bottles and kinda forgot. Though oof at my highest level testament scratching at the heels of the Exodus. It says it's level 1000 already but it feels like if that was true then it would be way weaker than a Testament long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Speaking of, if I'm starting to get to level cap 2 in Carnage mode, should I be using divers on carnage items?

Dershiva
Jun 8, 2001

My spoon is too big
Fun Shoe
Can you only buy evilities from the Skill Shop one at a time or is there some bulk purchase option I am missing?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Dershiva posted:

Can you only buy evilities from the Skill Shop one at a time or is there some bulk purchase option I am missing?

One at the time. Evilties overall are kinda a mess. You can't sort them by cost, you have to buy them individually and it defaults to no so you can't just spam a single button to buy everything. You can't rename your evility loadout like you can the D.I.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
I'm trying to make D.I. use a Gency, but only single-use restorative items are available in the "use item" command in my D.I. menu. Is this a bug, or is there even MORE d.i. to unlock after the game is finished or something!

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

kirbysuperstar posted:

Speaking of, if I'm starting to get to level cap 2 in Carnage mode, should I be using divers on carnage items?

I probably wouldn't bother with item leveling much in carnage. It's pretty trivial to get into Rakshasha mode without it just by grinding carnage stages and even the weakest Rakshasha mode items are better than leveled carnage items.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

lovely poker hand posted:

I'm trying to make D.I. use a Gency, but only single-use restorative items are available in the "use item" command in my D.I. menu. Is this a bug, or is there even MORE d.i. to unlock after the game is finished or something!

You have to scroll a bit through the single use items to find a Gency (or the Divers), but they are there.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Substandard posted:

I probably wouldn't bother with item leveling much in carnage. It's pretty trivial to get into Rakshasha mode without it just by grinding carnage stages and even the weakest Rakshasha mode items are better than leveled carnage items.

Yeah I actually ended up getting into Rakshasa last night and you're right

Seems like IW/Innocents aren't worth much bothering with until then

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I really need to start this game but goddamn, every time I see poo poo like there being a level beyond Carnage (not surprising) it's just... do I have the dozens hundreds of hours to spend on this game right now?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Evil Fluffy posted:

I really need to start this game but goddamn, every time I see poo poo like there being a level beyond Carnage (not surprising) it's just... do I have the dozens hundreds of hours to spend on this game right now?

A lot of those hours are now spent doing something else while the AI runs dozens of auto battles

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm at the end of Raksha Mode, but noticed that my Arcadia's like, get their big 'you touched item world bonus' and then every level up after that is just +1 to all the stats. Literally just a single point.

What the hell gives I wanna go get Traps but I can't strengthen these things at all and my Testements/Exodus seem alright? (Hell one of my units has a Exodus that's stronger than a level 1100 something Arcadia)

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

What do I do to cover the level gap between the end of the game and the beginning of Carnage? I've just been rerunning Martial 3 over and over again but that is slow going.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

TTBF posted:

What do I do to cover the level gap between the end of the game and the beginning of Carnage? I've just been rerunning Martial 3 over and over again but that is slow going.

Go back to your normal story leveling stages but change the difficulty to carnage. Setting the cheat shop to back to square one and running the level where there are several gods of destruction is the gold standard but you probably wont be able to clear that immediately

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Don't be like me and say, farm the first carnage Martial stage for carnage items from the bonus meter, poorly, over the course of like ten hours before realising you can change standard stages to Carnage mode.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I did not know that I could change standard changes to Carnage mode but now I'm leveling up much faster by grinding early Gods of Destruction. Thank you!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

POST GAME GUIDE

Get a Galaxy Mage, disable all spells except Magical Burst and set her to All Out Attack. Then go to Magical School (Past) and the final map there- the GoD has 1 RES and 1 INT so you can just kill the poo poo out of it with a single magic burst.

Make a group of 9 extra units you want to level, set their DI to Defend every turn (just use defend squares) and they'll soak up all the exp/mana with the witch. When you're feeling beefy enough you can go into LoC and start fishing for better equips and once you *get* better equips you can return to Magical School (Past) and start reincarnating and fighting that map on carnage mode. Clear out the Carnage Dimension special maps and just rinse and repeat. (It's highly advised to turn skill animations off, and speed the game up as much as possible by passing what bills you can for it)

Make sure you have staticians and your exp gain via cheat shop set as high as it can go with a little mana increase for best results. Can increase stars the stronger your mage gets.

Evilty settup is
Magic Collection (refund 5% SP back to you) (This will never come off) - Witch Family
Happy Song (All units on the map get 30% more EXP) - Sea Angel Family
Study Lover (10% EXP increase) - Bought in Store
Study Whiz (20% EXP increase) - Bought in Store
Study Something (40% EXP increase) - Gain via Reincarnation (Create scrolls to pass it around)
Study Genius (100% EXP increase) - Gain via Reincarnation (Create scrolls to pass it around)
Overlord Training (-50% stats but +50 EXP gain) - I think Laharl had it originally? Him or Ivar. Hell it might even be in the shop. I just had it and made scrolls
World is Mine (30% increase to EXP, MANA, HL) - Melodia Special Evilty (Create scrolls to pass it around)

To get more Evilty slots just go to the bar and buy all the stars in every class. (If you need money just set your HL gain to max instead of EXP to just rack in Too Much Money)

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 17, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

way better way to get HL damage to money you will get so much. Just slot it in, it is not effected by any HL gain bonuses but is by damage. Come get quintillions of HL per map and have juice be your problem not money.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Evilty settup is
Magic Collection (refund 5% SP back to you) (This will never come off) - Witch Family
Happy Song (All units on the map get 30% more EXP) - Sea Angel Family
Study Lover (10% EXP increase) - Bought in Store
Study Whiz (20% EXP increase) - Bought in Store
Study Something (40% EXP increase) - Gain via Reincarnation (Create scrolls to pass it around)
Study Genius (100% EXP increase) - Gain via Reincarnation (Create scrolls to pass it around)
Overlord Training (-50% stats but +50 EXP gain) - I think Laharl had it originally? Him or Ivar. Hell it might even be in the shop. I just had it and made scrolls
World is Mine (30% increase to EXP, MANA, HL) - Melodia Special Evilty (Create scrolls to pass it around)

FYI, all of those EXP evilities only stack additively with your statisticians. If you have 900 statisticians, all of those evility slots combined give you the equivalent of only 330 more. If those slots instead could get you into a higher difficulty with stat/damage boots, do that.

If you're using prinny squad / prinny hat with Etna's Dominant Smile you might be stat-bonus-capped regardless, but if not, at the very least Unstable Power is probably a much better idea than Overlord Training, which is actually only granting ~5% gain if your statisticians are already capped.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Is the statistician cap per item or or character?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

zzMisc posted:

FYI, all of those EXP evilities only stack additively with your statisticians. If you have 900 statisticians, all of those evility slots combined give you the equivalent of only 330 more. If those slots instead could get you into a higher difficulty with stat/damage boots, do that.

If you're using prinny squad / prinny hat with Etna's Dominant Smile you might be stat-bonus-capped regardless, but if not, at the very least Unstable Power is probably a much better idea than Overlord Training, which is actually only granting ~5% gain if your statisticians are already capped.

Huh, game says differently in the battle effects screen

That said newest cheese method to fast leveling is if you have Mao, Plenair and Valvatorez.

Put everyone in Prinny Squad
Load Mao up with Bushido as his bonus UE

Overlord Training
SR Volunteer (Asagi)
World is Mine (Melodia)
Genius Studier (Reincarnation)
Study Maniac (Reincarnation)
Study Nerd (Reincarnation)
Precarious Secret (Bought)
Study Lover (Bought)

Pick 9 charaters you want with him
Happy Song (Sea Angels)
Voracious Spirit (Plenair)
Prinny Instructor (Valvatorez)
Dominant Smile (Etna)

If you have platinum points go to my nintendo's website and you can redeem a 100 uses of the 10x exp tickets.

Have Mao pass the triple exp bill, and throw a welcome party. Reincarnate everyone to level 1.

Have Mao level his body modification to max Prof and level 5100 or so

I'm strong enough to take on Raksha Bell of Blessing (Peaceful World Level) and clearing it auto levels all 10 characters to 99,999,999 in one go with all of that.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Evil Fluffy posted:

In like 44 hours I have 10 characters at approx. 110,000,000 maybe could be totally wrong I thought 99,999,999 was the cap and I'm beyond that at least just carnage no juice shop 255 times yet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

In like 44 hours I have 10 characters at approx. 110,000,000 maybe could be totally wrong I thought 99,999,999 was the cap and I'm beyond that at least just carnage no juice shop 255 times yet.

99,999,999 is indeed the total cap and you can't get to it until Rakshasa is unlocked so you're probably misreading a digit

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

number go up

Still gonna get equips but eh, video game funny

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

My main crew's just about tapped out on SR bonuses now, which means uh.. filling int he last couple D-merits for an IW team so they can get juice, figuring out item farming (shudder)..

I guess I should try Carnage Baal again, I did get to phase 3 when I first tried.

E: oh and raising them in Elite 4 with bonuses to their stat growth one by one I guess

e: Scratch that, I beat Carnage Baal and Rakshasa dimension, saw what I'd need to do to break past the stat cap and all and said "I think I'm good". That was 185 hours well spent.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 20, 2021

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
The lukewarmest hot take here but D6 here feels a little empty. I get the fact that D5 was a huge mountain of crazy and different systems and maybe it was all a bit Too Much but they've gone too far the other way. I really miss things like interesting and essential mystery rooms, tower skills, receive, monster weapons/skills, more classes, etc. Hoping now they've pared it all back to the bones they'll start adding things back in (maybe with new concepts/twists?)

Also, I both love and hate the focus on autobattling, its nice and helps with some of the tedium but also things are balanced around it existing so its kind of a wash. And I find that I'm less connected to my dudes. Not sure what the solution here is but it's noticeably different. DI seems like a neat idea that should either be expanded to just allow automating all kinds of things in the game (juice bar automation would be amazing) or gotten rid of entirely. Right now you really only need the basic ones that are premade for you and maybe one or two more for IW grinding. Its this big complex system with all this possibility but you end up only needing like 1% of it.

I'm in the middle of clearing Raksasha mode and have like 75 hours into this - its totally not a bad game and I'm enjoying myself for sure. Just feel conflicted in a way I haven't really since D3.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When D5 released I had just finished replaying 4 and DD2 so I was burned out. Just went through the main story and called it a day because I couldn't be assed. Picked up 5 complete and holy poo poo it's such a better game than I gave it credit for, it's insane.

I do wanna ask about Christo though. I told myself I'd use all the main characters but this dude just sucks the most gigantic pile of poo poo I've ever seen. It's like they programmed him wrong as a joke. Absolutely 0 damage and he can't even heal right. If I use stat ups on him it'll be like "Stats went up by 100!" while only going up by 3-4 it's actually kind of absurd. I already know his deal story wise but right now he's just not leveling up because he can't damage anything or heal anyone.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Christo is useful in postgame because he gets unique support evilities that nobody else gets, but I’ve never really tried to use him in the main story.

I got a Disgaea 5 patch on Switch when I played last evening, actually. I haven’t seen it yet, but my guess would be it’s just a D6 ad on the news ticker.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When D5 released I had just finished replaying 4 and DD2 so I was burned out. Just went through the main story and called it a day because I couldn't be assed. Picked up 5 complete and holy poo poo it's such a better game than I gave it credit for, it's insane.

I do wanna ask about Christo though. I told myself I'd use all the main characters but this dude just sucks the most gigantic pile of poo poo I've ever seen. It's like they programmed him wrong as a joke. Absolutely 0 damage and he can't even heal right. If I use stat ups on him it'll be like "Stats went up by 100!" while only going up by 3-4 it's actually kind of absurd. I already know his deal story wise but right now he's just not leveling up because he can't damage anything or heal anyone.
You use him for his passive that gives adjacent allies 100% accuracy, and later his upgraded Overload that makes your team effectively invincible for the turn. They're not always useful, but when they are, they're huge, and there's nothing else in the game that does the same job.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Christo was my dedicated buff/aura dude and he excels at that role.

Buffing people by standing near them and then ratcheting up team damage with his special is all he needed to be useful.

Likewise, my AI routine for Melodia is "use the map wide atk buff every turn"

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you’re using extracts on him and he isn’t getting the full amount, that makes me think he’s got some sort of stat penalty going on. Is he in the Defense Outpost/NEET Squad? It’s the one that gives XP and Mana even when the character doesn’t battle, but it comes with a super heavy stat penalty.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Green Bean posted:

If you’re using extracts on him and he isn’t getting the full amount, that makes me think he’s got some sort of stat penalty going on. Is he in the Defense Outpost/NEET Squad? It’s the one that gives XP and Mana even when the character doesn’t battle, but it comes with a super heavy stat penalty.

You know what

He is, I was pretty let down by him so moved him into that squad so he could still get levels. Went 'man I really wanna make him work' and weelp

E: Took him out and he's got the highest stats of my characters now. Oops :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 24, 2021

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

I've bounced off of disgaea a few times, but I'm getting pretty far into 6. That story is a perfect encapsulation of the "what the f***!?!" experiences this series sometimes gives.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So I've started playing this and I let my team auto through a low level item world and picked up a Testamentn and floor 1 had a gate into the room with a statue and a dozen chests, which gave me a bunch of super powerful weapons (and some world muscles). I then dodged my way through to floor 30 or so, using dive-5 items when there was a gate keeper, and killing any level spheres and chests I saw along the way.

This bumped my Testament to level 55, giving about 7.8 million HP and 139k to all stats. IDK what sort of level/stats you have when you finish the story but this thing gives Zed stats that meet or exceed some level 8000+ enemies I've seen in the IW so far.

In true Disgaea fashion, I'm thinking of rushing an item to kill an item god so I can get the arcadia reward it gives since I can only assume that'll get even more ridiculous pre-LoC. :v:

e: Scratch that, I got an item god 2 instead and ended up with a legendary trap. 75k to all stats at level 1 with 7.5m hp or so. A quick dive got 20 levels on it and now it's just under 400k in all stats and around 38m hp. Also got 50+ kills on multiple people that I can turn in for 100k karma, all of which seems like severe overkill in the story so I'll probably just not use it for now unless a level annoys me.

e2: though if I had the 1.4b HL to burn all my extracts that'd be an extra 1.7m or so to every stat too. I assume there's either some goofy early HL cheese strat or you just wait until LoC and do whatever that galaxy mage thing is that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 26, 2021

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
No wrong way to play but remember that you can power through the story and everything you’re doing now will be super outclassed by the first carnage potlid you find (not to mention Raksasha…)

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

orphean posted:

The lukewarmest hot take here but D6 here feels a little empty. I get the fact that D5 was a huge mountain of crazy and different systems and maybe it was all a bit Too Much

A Disgaea game that isn't Too Much in terms of systemic complexity is just not at all what I want.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
That’s where I fall too but I can see and understand the viewpoint where maybe rolling dice in CharaWorld forever wasn’t the most fun thing? I dunno, I do know that D6 feels like a shell and I hope the wackiness comes back.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There is some stuff I just never want to come back, like Reverse Pirating

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
How are Monsters vs Humans? Or ARE there Monsters?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Bloodly posted:

How are Monsters vs Humans? Or ARE there Monsters?

There are monsters, but they’re really not any different than humanoid characters. Each class has its skills locked to actually being that class, except most magic can be taught to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Monster weapons aren't a thing anymore and magichange/ride is missing so yeah, they're just like Warriors or Rune Knights or what have you now.