Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

The Sean posted:

Is there any way to pick who autobattles? The only way I've been able to figure it out is to send everyone who I don't want to autobattle off on Research.

You can turn auto battle off for each character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Disgaea 6 is finally out tomorrow for PC.

I should actually get back to it on the Switch. I don't need any more PC games, I actually need more games I can play from my couch.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I said come in! posted:

And a screen resolution above 420p. I am excited to buy the PC version tomorrow and do the grind all over again.

Those are both good points, hadn't thought of that. Ah well, it's only money right? :)

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I said come in! posted:

On the other hand playing handheld is a huge bonus. I wonder how this will play on Steam Deck? I am unable to get one of those.

I never go anywhere where I'd use it so my Switch has never left its station :( You bring up a good point though, I wonder if porting to a Steam deck is going to be/already is a 'requirement' for a video game on PC.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

The Sean posted:

I haven't looked in years but a gaming laptop has to be expensive as gently caress, right?

With graphic cards through the roof (i don't give a poo poo how much the journals talking about 'dropping prices') a Swtich is way better value.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

The complete version will be $70 on Steam. It includes all previously published character and cosmetic DLC, as well as new recolor DLC.. That makes it $10 less than the Switch version. Now whether or not you wanted all that DLC is a different question :)

Yeah I was very fortunate to build my PC just before the crpyto craze drove up the graphic card prices. I have a 2070 and to get a 3070 would cost twice as much as my 2070 so I'm sticking with it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Geezus it's amazing how much better it looks on PC at 2560x1440. Yeah it's expensive and I'll try it before going past the two hour refund window but simply the graphics make it my preferred way to play the game if I play it at all.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I and others are unable to use our Xbox One/PS4 controllers with the game. Not sure if true for everyone but I'll keep you posted on how it's going. Dev is troubleshooting with us.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

pixaal posted:

You happen to have a razer tartarus v2 or other gaming keypad? It's basically the left half of a keyboard and a thumbstick. That thumbstick is presented as a controller with a stick and no buttons. While I'm waiting on Disgaea that thing has caused so many issues with games going this is player 1! Nippon Ichi seems like exactly the type of company to just detect the first controller and declare it player 1. Just not something they'd think about and it's a giant mess to untangle that would have been 10 minutes at the start of the project.

Any other controllers, even disconnected ones? I think it was PSO2 that detected disconnected controllers as player 1 so you had to uninstall them.

None of this is tied to Disgaea 6 yet but it's dumb poo poo other games have done that you can check for.

Yep that was the problem! Thanks!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Wasn't it only 50 on switch? So lame

The $70 includes all the character DLC and the recolor DLC. And of course the upgraded graphics. $50 n Switch was only the base game.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I'm keeping it. I'm not good at these types of games although I enjoy playing them, so this is a good fit.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

5er posted:

It's really probably because 'next gen' titles are trying to normalize $70 as the new baseline price, and NIS is happy to make that extra arbitrary money.

It only works if people buy it and right now less than 500 are playing it so.....

NIS would never be considered a leader in how to market or price your product, doubt EA for example would even know who they were.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

There's a preview build that fixes the controller issue and also enables you to create a dump file if you are having problems with crashing. Get it under betas in properties.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Can someone explain to a complete idiot how evil gachas work? I don’t get it at all.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

Besides this, once you randomly pull one of each item on the target list you can claim the bonus item and the target list resets

I don't seem to be able to do a pull unless I uncheck something. I also posted this question on reddit because I'm extremely frustrated. I need all the help I can get in Disgaea games and I feel like I need to know what I'm doing here.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I don't care about the story or the characters, so I was happy to skip the DLC.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

When do you get the auto battle system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Clarste posted:

Personally I feel like the series has moved away from the big numbers as the only selling point and is more satisfying as just strategy games. Like, classes and monsters have more unique abilities, and map design is more creative (sometimes).

:same:

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 12, 2023