Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I last played (some of) 5 quite a while ago, but I don't remember enjoying the story and characters as much as I am here. It was fine, but I wasn't giggling my way through it. This feels like classic Disgaea in that respect. Did something change or is my memory of 5 just fuzzy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Looks like stacks don't have unique attack animations anymore. Do they still stack up damage and share XP like they used to? It was always fun to kick someone up the tower.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I miss the Item World levels where the whole thing was 6 colors of geo symbols and I'd sit there with some paper figuring out the order to max rewards.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Morter posted:

With how rapidly item levels level up enemies, is it worth using the Item World as a way to gain XP before specific EXP panel maps? I just unlocked it so i'm very early on (beat 3-4?).

I've been doing that. You have to combo with some strong weapons from the healing gacha and it's nothing exponential but my main guy's up to 120 and with the XP squad he's been dragging some folks up with him (they don't have to be out to benefit) and getting (for early game) massive amounts of mana. Meanwhile the main story enemies are level 25.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

BTW, that whole PVP thing is absurd given how stats scale in this game, but if you're trying to get over a ranking threshold for the timer tonight the trick I've found is to put your strongest guy in the back with the Jumbify order, tweaked so they don't intercept at all. Rest of your squad gets ganked, he gets huge and the enemy's all standing on Def-down panels so you can punch pretty well above your weight level.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is there a way for DI setup to have a specific character come out of the base?

Edit: figured it out, put them alone in a group and set that to the autobattle group. Now if I could just figure out a way around the autobattle throw bug that didn't involve stepping manually I could turn all of my fuel into hospital points.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 17, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If anyone was curious about the absolutely massive ranking scores in that PvP thing, it happened to me. Normal-looking account with normal-looking scores/rank, when I beat it I suddenly gained over 100,000,000 RP. Unmodded (on Switch), whatever's going on there it's contagious.

I don't know if the people who have monsters on their team in a "humanoids only" match is related, I've been afraid to poke it after that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

exp stuff usually assumes you're shooting for cap or have someone at cap to farm the juice bar. Is there an easy way to bring everyone up to parity? Like say, a couple of my guys are level 2000 and I'd like to get everyone else up there?