Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Game is good

Currently sitting around level 400k+ with my main team and farming martial dimension 3 after getting my 900 statisticians. Carnage dimension pushing is next I guess

Are there no ultimate bosses beyond Baal?

Also has anyone figured out if there is a max to the item world? I think I stopped just short of 300 on my tetra cause I got my statisticians and wanted to move on to carnage gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I said come in! posted:

In the post game, what is the best way to grind for HL? Can have HL set to 1000% in the cheat menu, but want to find a good place to grind for HL now.

You can use a galaxy mage with elemental overload and a mix of evilities to make billions a minute. I haven’t started doing it yet since I haven’t needed to but there are YouTube videos for it out there to explain

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

The gulf between whatever the trials dimension is called in this game #3 and #4 is rough. I dumpstered Baal and #3 with relative ease but #4 and the carnage dimension still seem way out of reach, even after lots of afk grinding and some reincarnating.

I’m thinking I need to get on a way tighter reincarnation loop but even then I see this taking a while. That poo poo is nasty

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Wait there were characters in 4 besides Desco?

This doesn't track with my memory

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So uh, is there a skill I'm unaware of that doesn't make your MP go down? I decided to level up my spells to 300 as I just wasn't doing any damage and gently caress it I'm now glancing level 9,999,999

But in item world each time I got to the rest stop I also couldn't help but notice that my MP was always completely full outside of maybe one character seemingly picked at random. I glanced over evilties and I got nothing on to why this is happening. Hell sometimes HP doesn't really decrease. That or my eyes are severely messed up and I'm just not seeing things right these days.

Magic Collection? It refunds MP from damage so my galaxy mage can blast out elemental overload every turn.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I really need to start this game but goddamn, every time I see poo poo like there being a level beyond Carnage (not surprising) it's just... do I have the dozens hundreds of hours to spend on this game right now?

A lot of those hours are now spent doing something else while the AI runs dozens of auto battles

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

TTBF posted:

What do I do to cover the level gap between the end of the game and the beginning of Carnage? I've just been rerunning Martial 3 over and over again but that is slow going.

Go back to your normal story leveling stages but change the difficulty to carnage. Setting the cheat shop to back to square one and running the level where there are several gods of destruction is the gold standard but you probably wont be able to clear that immediately

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

5er posted:

A very long time ago when the original Disgaea thread had lasted for years, I had said some day the Disgaea franchise is going to look pretty neat if they make the leap to 3d sprites. I got freaked out on, with all these insistences that the true spirit of the game is in 2d sprites over 3d isometry, its heresy to insist otherwise.

I'd say 'lol gently caress you guys', but I think most of the biggest pushers have been perma'd for years for connections to pedophelia or cp.

I dunno man. The 3d was alright but only releasing worldwide for the first year on a console that could barely handle it was not great.

D6 was a bit of an odd one for me. I’m sure I beat it but I remember like one character and none of the story. It only stands out in my mind as that one that added auto battle to consoles and performed like poo poo

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

5er posted:

They took a payout for a timed exclusive from Nintendo, and it really is too bad it had major performance issues. Disgaea in general feels really well suited to mobile consoles in my experience. D1 and D2 I put a lot of time in on their original PS2 releases, but I more than doubled the amount of time in both those games for their PSP ports.

I'm not that deep into 6 so far but I can at least say that the zombie pug with tanuki nuts is already more memorable, or something I'm at least willing to remember over D3's 'lol animu high school trope' stuff.

No argument there. D6’s characters were mostly just kinda unremarkable but 3’s were actively bad

And I did enjoy D6 a decent amount while playing it. Paying $70 to go back to it just seems like way too much

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

If it’s a timed switch exclusive again I’m just gonna pass till it’s on steam this time. Not excited enough anymore to do that again

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Steam says Disgaea 7 on Oct 3

We don't have to wait a year after Switch/PlayStation!?

Hells yeah, I've put like ~170 hours each into 1-6 except for 3

Huh, I didn't expect a PC version this early. It looks like it's the only version without a demo, though?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Deki posted:

I believe that instead of standard hospital rewards, it just pulls a random item as a reward every time you hit some threshold. That item is most likely going to be a piece of equipment but stuff like skill scrolls are in the list too

Besides this, once you randomly pull one of each item on the target list you can claim the bonus item and the target list resets

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Mayveena posted:

I don't seem to be able to do a pull unless I uncheck something. I also posted this question on reddit because I'm extremely frustrated. I need all the help I can get in Disgaea games and I feel like I need to know what I'm doing here.

I think you need to pass a dark assembly bill first iirc? Really just going off a few hours of demo play a few weeks ago here but I recall it being pretty straightforward after the bill is passed

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Garfu posted:

Will someone please give an honest review (doesn't have to be paragraphs) of this iteration? I skipped 6 but played 5C. I'm trying to decide if I want to dive head first into this or keep playing CS2 and Minecraft. I love these games (FFT is a fav) and will play it eventually regardless but priority-wise I could use some words.

I've watched some youtube videos and whatnot but I trust goon reviews more for some reason.

I mean it’s been out in English for 30 minutes. It came directly to pc on release this time and the performance there seems good tho?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

So far (chapter 3) just soloing the game with a punchy boy thief and a tagalong healbot

Just give me all your loot chumps

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

Are the D7 DLC maps like postgame stuff?

They are available immediately

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Is there any way to turn off the pause and notification when C4 automatically steals an item? It makes her basically unusable for auto battles

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

HellOnEarth posted:

I decided to mess around in the item world pretty early on because I got really into it in 5. And now I’m like level 100 and I’m in chapter 5.

Whoops.

I kinda miss being able to just dive into the same item for hours though.

I started grinding martial world level 1 in world 5 and my soloer is around lvl 350 with everybody in my boot camp squad getting dragged behind rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Do the character DLC stages ever stop scaling with your max character level? Having one character way higher than everyone else and attempting a stage where every monster on the stage is level matched and also the star enemy character is in permanent hell mode can be a bit rough. The one's I have beaten are mostly from abusing the full heal when gigantifying