Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I just started playing through this one after waiting out the timed exclusivity so I could play it without performance issues, and the early game is really confusing to me.

I've played the other games, I understand that number inflation happens in these games, but it's never been so...immediate before. It kinda seems like equipment is worthless at this stage of the game, because it increases your stats by such a small percentage of what you have at base.

Does something change, or is equipment actually just worthless for a while in this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ikanreed posted:

You have to be on the cutting edge of gear and keep it over level constantly to keep up

Fair enough. It must just be a very weird intro, then.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Maguoob posted:

Switch only release it is! Seriously I’m expecting another switch only western launch and having to wait an undetermined amount of time for a version that doesn’t run like rear end.

I really hope you're wrong, but I expect that you're not.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'm glad I won't have to wait a year to play the game this time.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

pixaal posted:

They typically charge $60 for the complete DLC pack on top of the $60 for the game, re-releases normally include all this DLC for free but it's just more characters. Not like they are locking an expanded itemworld or something.

Yeah, I saw the $100 complete edition and had to look at the DLC to figure out where that number came from. In addition to the $10 charge for deluxe, there's a $40 season pass, which should cover all of those characters and whatever else they want to release for it. It's a lot.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I have unlocked the big gentlemanly crab, and that's a great idea for a monster class. Gonna have fun with this guy.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'm trying to unlock the Maiko right now and since I haven't beaten the game and unlocked the land of carnage yet, this is a massive pain in the rear end, what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Aquila posted:

I did what the guide I linked above suggested, went into low level items with mystery room route set and got it in about 15 minutes of speed running floors.

e: I highly suggest finishing out the story to unlock LoC before really trying to break the system open.

I was having the item world researchers do runs of candy I had on hand to hopefully reincarnate into one. Ultimately I wound up getting one from a lucky run through store-bought hard candy, so I'm good there. I'm definitely not planning on intentionally breaking the game open before finishing the main story.