Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Christo is useful in postgame because he gets unique support evilities that nobody else gets, but I’ve never really tried to use him in the main story.

I got a Disgaea 5 patch on Switch when I played last evening, actually. I haven’t seen it yet, but my guess would be it’s just a D6 ad on the news ticker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I picked up 5 again because of this thread, and it’s still good and fun.

My Item Worlding has slowed to a crawl since I finished the Carnage Dimension, so that’s the next problem to solve. I’ve heard it’s possible to blow up the Item World with really strong all-enemy Overloads, so I’ve grinded Usalia up to 10M (almost 20M; just a few more captured enemies to go), and I’ll try to figure out what to give her next.

My strongest character is an archer, and she’s actually extremely useful in that role. Support Attack is neat when you have 8 or more range. I gave her an evility that makes her counterattack before taking a hit, and it’s very effective combined with a bow full of status effect innocents.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Despite its love of big numbers, Disgaea has always been on the side of SRPGs with good gameplay; that is, games where you move all of your characters and then the bad guys move all of theirs, rather than their actions being interwoven.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Also if you’re coming off Disgaea 2, you can capture humanoids now, which can be easier than recruiting one from scratch.

wtf I got to 40m stats in disgaea 5 and I didn’t know this