Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
Oof, I was ready to pay $70-80 but definitely not worth almost doubling the price for some more characters. Worst part is that if you don't care about the fluff (cosmetics, art book, etc) you're only saving about $10 by buying the bundle. ($60 base + $8x7 story DLC is $116).

Base game is fine for now, maybe I'll grab the DLC when it's on sale eventually. Or grab the ones that look good piecemeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

FractalSandwich posted:

How the gently caress am I supposed to deal with this first giant boss who can one-shot half my team each turn, including my own giant guy, from anywhere on the map?

Just ran into that too. Seems the solution is to grind up your levels & gear (or have the DLC characters). The annoying part is that there doesn't seem to be any good map to grind on before that, so I'm just running through one that seems less annoying.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Last Celebration posted:

Just overlevel, but if you unlock the Cheat Shop you can just jack up the enemy levels in 1-3 to make it relatively painless since there’s an easy geo puzzle to leave the enemies nearly dead.

This is what I ended up doing. Cheat shop is pretty cheap to unlock, and the geodestruction “tutorial” level is pretty quick to Farm once you level them up.

Ended up oneshotting the jumbo boss once I got my guy enbiggened.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

zzMisc posted:

gently caress Demon Shogi.

At least you can just look up the solutions, but yeesh.

Agreed. On paper it looked really neat, sort of like programming puzzles that also get you used to the DI system. In practice every solution boils down to moving units to specific squares and doing specific actions. So everything is the same as moving the units yourself. Only you have to do it through the clunky DI interface that will make you pull your hair out.