Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have no idea how to set up a D.I so I just ignore it

For real though the bigger numbers suck rear end and while I like how the models look and the premise they're seriously turning me off. It's less about not feeling earned (though that is a bit of it too) but it's just so goddamn unreadable. Having 20480385 HP at level 1 and getting hit for 27k I have no idea how much damage I just took until the lifebar updates. Same with weapons that have 32,048 attack and I need to buy a new one and it's 32,857. It literally tells me nothing on how much stronger it is due to how overbloated the numbers are.

It's this sad state where it feels like NIS, a dying company from what I understand, is throwing big numbers as one final bid to get people to pay attention to the series. Like "You heard we have big numbers right? Look here there are right out the gate please god buy it''

I'm also not sure how weapon skills work on some characters. I've been normal attacking with Zed for a good while and he still refuses to learn any fist special attacks. My thief has her unique talents (two of em anyway) but hasn't learned a single gun skill despite shooting the hell out of everyone.

I wanna like this game as I love the series but boy is it rough :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

OhFunny posted:

Weapon skills are gone. There are only class and magic skills.

Each non-magic class unlocks four skills via leveling at used to be weapon skills at the following levels:

Skill 1 Level 1
Skill 2 Level 200
Skill 3 Level 1200
Skill 4 Level 6000

If you wish to have fist and gun skills you need to have a monk and gunner.

Edit: If you're wondering what the point of Weapon Mastery is since Weapon Skills are gone. Each level of Mastery boosts the stats said weapon gives by 5%.

Disgaea 6 is kinda missing a lot, huh.

Noticed monster weapons were gone (which eh anyway but still). Monsters can't turn into stuff or fuse, and now everyone only gets 3 special attacks and that's it. oof

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If you reincarnate a gunner into a thief will it still be able to use gun skills it learned?

Wanting to know if thiefs are just pure trash in this game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I feel insanely silly asking but are the Psychic units girls? I kind of assumed it with the big hats and clothes and stuff but all the voices are boys (least I think so?)

Normally would write it off but there are evilties that are gender locked so I'm not sure if I'm putting the right ones on mine :v:

Edit: Also need to ask, is Super Reincarnation just the old games Reincarnations? I know Zed and Asagi have gimmicks tied to it but it seems normal on everyone else

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ryanbomber posted:

Psychics are considered male by the game.

Super Reincarnation is more or less Reincarnation from the previous games. They changed some stuff around (you now earn "Karma" points that can be spent on various base stat boosts/perks) but I think the rename is more of a marketing thing than a mechanical thing.

Well uh, good thing I have the gender swap evilties as a option otherwise I would surely be feeling dumb right about now :sweatdrop:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 2, 2021

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just wanna know how to get more Karma

I've hit 9,999 a number of times and getting only like 7k from super reincarnating. I'm not through the main story yet but still kinda shocking

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fair!

Also this second Zed World chapter is kinda butt huh. Just a lot of the same fight over and over again. There's something genuinely hilarious though about how 'oh no they did 999,999,999 damage' and I have *way* more life than that, and I kill the big scary repeated boss in one shot over and over again.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I gotta say, Beiko as a character in any other game would be fine, but *god* everything about her with Disgaea's humor is making me want to die.

I really like the cast even the one notes like the king, but every scene being grown rear end adults fawning over her and wanting to protect her is uh... certainly a thing. Ivar gets it the worst, I really like the idea behind his character and when he's making jokes or being a idiot I've snrk'd- but then his uh, Beiko worship just weirds me out a lot.

She has a evilty that says when she's a lil sis she gets a big bonus, and I don't know when she *wouldn't* be one but it has me hoping I can change her somewhat.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Have you tried renaming your characters?

Surprised me the first time that that's kinda hosed up too lol.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What's the step to really open up the post game. Got the Disgaea Trio and kinda expected 'raise the level cap' to just appear but instead it's the super boss that punches me in the groin a lot.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I really wish I understood the progression leap in Disgaea 6 :smith:

I beat baal, I can get my dudes to level 300k in like a hour of doing other stuff, I boot up Carnage 1 and oh enemies are level 5,000? That seems fine. Literally the second map just punches me in the throat and tells me to go away.

Saw a guide on youtube and it was just 'yeah make the ultimate mage girl and have her grind this specific map here's how to do it' only for her to whiff every blow against the enemies he mentioned. It's just :argh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

pixaal posted:

I grabbed a rank 1 LoC item and started ripping that up then got enough level 100+ pot lids to deck an army and tackled a rank 4 until the emblem showed up as a bonus item chugged bonus juice and am now getting that leveled up.

enemies are around 120k to start and you want your guys around 80k. Just deep dive eventually more of whatever you are in will drop and more frequently the deeper you go it feels. Jump to a new one if you get one with a better rarity

Is it min max optimal? No but it is fun and you can feel / see progress. Jump to better emblems as you progress through them, you can always just look up what rank the next emblem is and target it with a bonus gauge in story carnage.

I just have no idea what I'm doing really in item world. I get a LOC pot lid and cool sure, but the only thing I find are pot lids or the same tier of junk which means I need to dive into a carnage story and oops there's a 2,000,000 level jump for some reason

Just arghh

The Sean posted:

So, I played some of 1 and then most of 5. What's up with the Prism crew? I just got to Piyori's world and I don't know whats up.

edit: I do play the Android Disgaea RPG game and kind of know they're a thing.

Ongoing joke that finally peaked with giving one of them main character status
1: They were a one off parody
2: Hidden Fight where Adell became Prism Black
3: Red was a DLC character
4: I think he was DLC again? I get 3 and 4 cloudy in my mind
5: They're a generic class you can make
6: The little sister of Red is a main character

No deeper meaning, just a reused gag reaching its peak

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So uh, is there a skill I'm unaware of that doesn't make your MP go down? I decided to level up my spells to 300 as I just wasn't doing any damage and gently caress it I'm now glancing level 9,999,999

But in item world each time I got to the rest stop I also couldn't help but notice that my MP was always completely full outside of maybe one character seemingly picked at random. I glanced over evilties and I got nothing on to why this is happening. Hell sometimes HP doesn't really decrease. That or my eyes are severely messed up and I'm just not seeing things right these days.

E: Yeah somethings bugged. I did 20 floors of item world with level 1000 spells and none of the MP is getting taken away. I sometimes notice one of my war ladies has a bunch of health missing and I can't pay the hospital to heal her (so I just go back to base) but how weird.

Saint Freak posted:

Oh my God, the "Cameo Zombie" voice is just Sungwon quoting his own videos?

I think that enemy got the point

"Like comment and subscribe"

"*mumbling* so the character I'm voicing is just some kind of zombie or something?" etc

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 9, 2021

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think one big problem I'm having is leveling up the skills themselves. I see a spell or whatever costing 1QD and I'm like drat that must be mega post game only to find out it's more managable than I thought.

Like I have no idea what's a reasonable number for item raids because it's just a lot more than I signed up for. Also I have no idea why in the goddamn the item world hospital even exists. Ever since Carnage items became the normal I haven't been able to afford a full heal- and Raksha items are even more of a joke with my inflated numbers. Like there's no penalty for leaving a item for the free full heal so why just force that extra step?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How does steal work in this game?

I got my thief to 99,999,999 and stole a Raksha Exodus. The game said EXODUS STOLEN and it's not on her or in my inventory. I've reloaded the save to try again and same thing. Uh.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Saint Freak posted:

Is your inventory full or auto-sell on?

It was Auto-Sell doing it :sweatdrop:

I thought it only applied to the map completion stuff and was getting tired of selling -5 divers and .5 bonus boost bottles and kinda forgot. Though oof at my highest level testament scratching at the heels of the Exodus. It says it's level 1000 already but it feels like if that was true then it would be way weaker than a Testament long run.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm at the end of Raksha Mode, but noticed that my Arcadia's like, get their big 'you touched item world bonus' and then every level up after that is just +1 to all the stats. Literally just a single point.

What the hell gives I wanna go get Traps but I can't strengthen these things at all and my Testements/Exodus seem alright? (Hell one of my units has a Exodus that's stronger than a level 1100 something Arcadia)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

POST GAME GUIDE

Get a Galaxy Mage, disable all spells except Magical Burst and set her to All Out Attack. Then go to Magical School (Past) and the final map there- the GoD has 1 RES and 1 INT so you can just kill the poo poo out of it with a single magic burst.

Make a group of 9 extra units you want to level, set their DI to Defend every turn (just use defend squares) and they'll soak up all the exp/mana with the witch. When you're feeling beefy enough you can go into LoC and start fishing for better equips and once you *get* better equips you can return to Magical School (Past) and start reincarnating and fighting that map on carnage mode. Clear out the Carnage Dimension special maps and just rinse and repeat. (It's highly advised to turn skill animations off, and speed the game up as much as possible by passing what bills you can for it)

Make sure you have staticians and your exp gain via cheat shop set as high as it can go with a little mana increase for best results. Can increase stars the stronger your mage gets.

Evilty settup is
Magic Collection (refund 5% SP back to you) (This will never come off) - Witch Family
Happy Song (All units on the map get 30% more EXP) - Sea Angel Family
Study Lover (10% EXP increase) - Bought in Store
Study Whiz (20% EXP increase) - Bought in Store
Study Something (40% EXP increase) - Gain via Reincarnation (Create scrolls to pass it around)
Study Genius (100% EXP increase) - Gain via Reincarnation (Create scrolls to pass it around)
Overlord Training (-50% stats but +50 EXP gain) - I think Laharl had it originally? Him or Ivar. Hell it might even be in the shop. I just had it and made scrolls
World is Mine (30% increase to EXP, MANA, HL) - Melodia Special Evilty (Create scrolls to pass it around)

To get more Evilty slots just go to the bar and buy all the stars in every class. (If you need money just set your HL gain to max instead of EXP to just rack in Too Much Money)

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 17, 2021

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

zzMisc posted:

FYI, all of those EXP evilities only stack additively with your statisticians. If you have 900 statisticians, all of those evility slots combined give you the equivalent of only 330 more. If those slots instead could get you into a higher difficulty with stat/damage boots, do that.

If you're using prinny squad / prinny hat with Etna's Dominant Smile you might be stat-bonus-capped regardless, but if not, at the very least Unstable Power is probably a much better idea than Overlord Training, which is actually only granting ~5% gain if your statisticians are already capped.

Huh, game says differently in the battle effects screen

That said newest cheese method to fast leveling is if you have Mao, Plenair and Valvatorez.

Put everyone in Prinny Squad
Load Mao up with Bushido as his bonus UE

Overlord Training
SR Volunteer (Asagi)
World is Mine (Melodia)
Genius Studier (Reincarnation)
Study Maniac (Reincarnation)
Study Nerd (Reincarnation)
Precarious Secret (Bought)
Study Lover (Bought)

Pick 9 charaters you want with him
Happy Song (Sea Angels)
Voracious Spirit (Plenair)
Prinny Instructor (Valvatorez)
Dominant Smile (Etna)

If you have platinum points go to my nintendo's website and you can redeem a 100 uses of the 10x exp tickets.

Have Mao pass the triple exp bill, and throw a welcome party. Reincarnate everyone to level 1.

Have Mao level his body modification to max Prof and level 5100 or so

I'm strong enough to take on Raksha Bell of Blessing (Peaceful World Level) and clearing it auto levels all 10 characters to 99,999,999 in one go with all of that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

number go up

Still gonna get equips but eh, video game funny

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When D5 released I had just finished replaying 4 and DD2 so I was burned out. Just went through the main story and called it a day because I couldn't be assed. Picked up 5 complete and holy poo poo it's such a better game than I gave it credit for, it's insane.

I do wanna ask about Christo though. I told myself I'd use all the main characters but this dude just sucks the most gigantic pile of poo poo I've ever seen. It's like they programmed him wrong as a joke. Absolutely 0 damage and he can't even heal right. If I use stat ups on him it'll be like "Stats went up by 100!" while only going up by 3-4 it's actually kind of absurd. I already know his deal story wise but right now he's just not leveling up because he can't damage anything or heal anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Green Bean posted:

If you’re using extracts on him and he isn’t getting the full amount, that makes me think he’s got some sort of stat penalty going on. Is he in the Defense Outpost/NEET Squad? It’s the one that gives XP and Mana even when the character doesn’t battle, but it comes with a super heavy stat penalty.

You know what

He is, I was pretty let down by him so moved him into that squad so he could still get levels. Went 'man I really wanna make him work' and weelp

E: Took him out and he's got the highest stats of my characters now. Oops :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 24, 2021