Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

pixaal posted:

Lack of PS4 has me thinking they either have 7 lined up for PS5 and or a quick port of ultimate with all the dlc planned for PS5.

I have a feeling they may have thought by this time PS5 would have saturated the market and no one would want a PS4 game.

Either or both could be true. It's speculation, but I bet these models would look good on a PS5.

Nintendo probably chipped in for the loc job or something, there's no point not releasing it on PS4 otherwise and just having it run with a PS5=yes4k flag or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I've seen a couple other screenshots of control codes leaking through

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Maguoob posted:

The trick using the level 9999 useless character bug with a witch and the hp to sp evility done a few times certainly wouldn’t hurt.

The what now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, huh. Something to keep in mind I guess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SUNKOS posted:

How about Disgaea 4? I've been sold on that with the hilarious trailer and it looks like a solid game, especially with all the extra stuff like making maps and the pirate ship stuff. Is that all in Disgaea 5 as well? Kinda torn since I remember the third game and those funny stacks of characters, but never got around to playing it, and I've seen others mention that 4 is generally better than 5? I can't remember if those monster weapon things were from the trailer for 4 or 5 though, but I know they carried over those stacking mechanics from 3 into 4. Would be my first Disgaea game as well.

They're on sale on PC but I'd like to get away from using Windows and was thinking of picking up a Switch for indies and some Nintendo stuff. I have a PS4 as well which I see it's available for also but I'll probably sell it soon since it mostly gathers dust, so I'm leaning towards getting a Switch and I imagine Disgaea 4/5 run much better than this newest title on there?

Advise me please! These games look like nutty fun but also kinda complex and somewhat overwhelming. I think a trailer for 4 talked up a really good tutorial mode?

5 is better than 4 unless you really love the following lines repeated "Sardines", "My Dream", "all is for my Lord". The gameplay, story and characters are a lot better in 5.

Both 4/5 run perfectly well on PS4/PC/Switch alike. You'd get better deals for 5 on not-PS4 due to it having the DLC all bundled in.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Val is good when he shuts up about sardines, which is approximately 10% of the game.

Fenrich is just insufferable and awful though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I don't know if it doesn't exist or if I auto battled past it, but I never saw a zombie wielding a horse Weiner in story mode 1/10

There were legendaries in chests during the story, but I don't recall any on the enemies.

The last stage on EP 14 is good for mana if you make it into gods of destruction with cheat shop

I think Horse Weiner was only in D1

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Finished the main story today. I ended up liking it and the characters a lot more than I thought I would. What a good family.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Sean posted:

Is there any way to pick who autobattles? The only way I've been able to figure it out is to send everyone who I don't want to autobattle off on Research.

One of your character groups is the designated auto-battle group, so put who you want into that one. You can change which group is set so you don't have to go pulling people out when you want to do different things.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Speaking of, if I'm starting to get to level cap 2 in Carnage mode, should I be using divers on carnage items?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Substandard posted:

I probably wouldn't bother with item leveling much in carnage. It's pretty trivial to get into Rakshasha mode without it just by grinding carnage stages and even the weakest Rakshasha mode items are better than leveled carnage items.

Yeah I actually ended up getting into Rakshasa last night and you're right

Seems like IW/Innocents aren't worth much bothering with until then

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Don't be like me and say, farm the first carnage Martial stage for carnage items from the bonus meter, poorly, over the course of like ten hours before realising you can change standard stages to Carnage mode.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Is the statistician cap per item or or character?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

In like 44 hours I have 10 characters at approx. 110,000,000 maybe could be totally wrong I thought 99,999,999 was the cap and I'm beyond that at least just carnage no juice shop 255 times yet.

99,999,999 is indeed the total cap and you can't get to it until Rakshasa is unlocked so you're probably misreading a digit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

My main crew's just about tapped out on SR bonuses now, which means uh.. filling int he last couple D-merits for an IW team so they can get juice, figuring out item farming (shudder)..

I guess I should try Carnage Baal again, I did get to phase 3 when I first tried.

E: oh and raising them in Elite 4 with bonuses to their stat growth one by one I guess

e: Scratch that, I beat Carnage Baal and Rakshasa dimension, saw what I'd need to do to break past the stat cap and all and said "I think I'm good". That was 185 hours well spent.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 20, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There is some stuff I just never want to come back, like Reverse Pirating

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Monster weapons aren't a thing anymore and magichange/ride is missing so yeah, they're just like Warriors or Rune Knights or what have you now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

zzMisc posted:

Yeah, but then you run into the problem of enemies not staying put from one round to the next. That's probably easily taken care of with the paralysis-causing innocent though, but I didn't have any or think of it when I was in that spot. Probably better to put them to sleep actually anyway, for the crits.

Give someone the Lucky Board Won't Move evility and have Majolene turn them into a rabbid

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The D5 sprites were really nice in general but I like the D6 models. I just wish they had more specials to show off with.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

"HD Asagi" was the peak of NIS meta humour

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Giant Eye

Confusingly, Evil Eye is the three eyed titty cowgirl monster that was in 6

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Overloads were fun yeah

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure DI runs needing a currency proves the opposite of that

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Unrelated to D6/7 but I just got the 10th torn letter on Prinny 1 and I'm so relieved I just had to share it somewhere.

Congrats!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

AnonymouseNo5 posted:

Anyway, 6 on Steams' completion stats start to collapse around Chapter 3, which is kind of insane. I'm at Chapter 7 now but the folks beating that is like 43% of owners, which seems crazy for what is part-1 of 2 of 10 chapters. Is 6 REALLY that much of a turn-off for folks?

Mate this happens with literally every game. You can go and look at D5's story cheevo percentages and see that like 20% of people get to the back part of the story there.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah like if game completion had anything to do with game quality then GTA is the worst game in the world

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Clarste posted:

No one asked but I want to talk about Higan because she's funny. I won't talk about any plot spoilers, but I'll put it in spoiler tags in case people want to go into the game blind.

Plot-wise, Higan is the undisputed strongest person in the world. This is just common knowledge. She joins at level 40 when the rest of your team is around level 20, and comes with 50 ranks of sword mastery. However, her unique evility prevents her from equipping swords and lowers all her stats by 25%, because she's holding back lol. When she gets her designated plot upgrade later, she unlocks the ability to use swords, but you probably won't want to because it also gives her +2 range (making them the same as bows) and +5 counter when using a spear. Basically the idea is that she wades into battle and counters to death anyone who looks at her funny. To help with this, her personal evilities are stuff like "+50% to all stats when there are no other allies on the field" and "when equipping no armor, gain 3x the stats from your weapon" which of course turns into plenty of DEF when you're using a spear. Also the classic "unliftable, but +50 defense."

Also also, her personal super mode (all the main characters get unique super modes like in Disgaea 5) charges up from taking hits, and when active gives her 3 actions every turn. IMO this works especially well if you turn her into a giant at the same time, because punching three times is very funny.

Anyway, she has a very funny kit.

lmao hell yeah I love her

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Disgaea RPG for JP will still be going, it's just Boltrend doing Boltrend things for global

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I said come in! posted:

loving boltrend. :( RPG was a comfort game for me.

as the world's only Idola enjoyer, I agree

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

OhFunny posted:

The demo is out now. I don't see one on Steam, but it is available for download on Switch.

I don't think they're doing Steam demos anymore after the D5 one that had the entire game in it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Was it D2 where you had to encounter all the IW pirates or was that for something else

That loving blew

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeyasu is IMPRESSIVELY pathetic

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

is demmodore opener supposed to be matthew perry, or someone else?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Lategame/postgame spoilers: i thought he was meant to be more analogous to that one historical guy who became so into Japanese culture that he became a famous ambassador, if anything. Also a giant weeb.

yeah with playing some more chapters that checks out more lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think there's a DI bug, because no matter what I do I cannot get Flonne to use Power of Love 2 after moving

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Man do I really gotta do class mastery one by one for everyone I wanna use in Carnage, it's dreadfully slow even when you're mastering one in 3/4 fights

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

One important thing to note about DI is that everyone's actions get executed horizontally so everyone does A1, then B1 etc. and DI priority in advanced settings alters the order of that..order. So "wait for other units to act" only lasts for that one column of actions even if that action for other units is just 'reset target'.

Granted there does seem to be some bugs to it like Power of Love 2 just never working.

Deki posted:

I just use 1 phys and 1 magic user for carnage and don't worry about support unit stats for this reason

Yeaaaah, I've got Higan and Pirilika at about 14m stats but finally hit a bit of a wall with Carnage 14's Zessho map. Probably just need more juice and putting some levels into the couple of arcadias I have

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I don't think there's too much to keep in mind, other than the Cheat Shop is your friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

tithin posted:

yeah that's the one

did they remove autobattle for disgaea 5? I remember that was in an older one? (vaguely remember disgaea psp had it)

D6 was the first to have it