Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Disgaea 5 is a rock solid game and available on multiple platforms, including PC. The complete edition with all of the DLC is pretty cheap now. The game is on sale on Steam for $16 right now https://store.steampowered.com/app/803600/Disgaea_5_Complete/

How about Disgaea 4? I've been sold on that with the hilarious trailer and it looks like a solid game, especially with all the extra stuff like making maps and the pirate ship stuff. Is that all in Disgaea 5 as well? Kinda torn since I remember the third game and those funny stacks of characters, but never got around to playing it, and I've seen others mention that 4 is generally better than 5? I can't remember if those monster weapon things were from the trailer for 4 or 5 though, but I know they carried over those stacking mechanics from 3 into 4. Would be my first Disgaea game as well.

They're on sale on PC but I'd like to get away from using Windows and was thinking of picking up a Switch for indies and some Nintendo stuff. I have a PS4 as well which I see it's available for also but I'll probably sell it soon since it mostly gathers dust, so I'm leaning towards getting a Switch and I imagine Disgaea 4/5 run much better than this newest title on there?

Advise me please! These games look like nutty fun but also kinda complex and somewhat overwhelming. I think a trailer for 4 talked up a really good tutorial mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU