Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've been playing disgaea 5 on my steam deck for a bit - unique generic class skills (ie witch's energy potion) - how do I get these on main characters? I've subclassed killia into witch hoping to pick up some spells but no luck, only evilities available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Last Celebration posted:

By and large unique skills are locked to the class that learns them, iirc the only exception is the Nine-Tails’ geo-related stuff. Fortunately MP regen is eventually something you just have innately for everyone when you make some good curry and let it steep for 100 battles, along with 100% crit if you know what you’re doing.

I can't give landblaster to killia? :(

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Last Celebration posted:

If that’s the G rank spell Sages get to clear Item World then nah I don’t think so.

yeah that's the one

did they remove autobattle for disgaea 5? I remember that was in an older one? (vaguely remember disgaea psp had it)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

D5: can someone explain the difference between item rank and rarity to me, for the purposes of getting a rank 39 item, to 40

Also when does the item world cap out? I took it to 300 / 500 and it kept going, even when the item itself stopped levelling at 500,what's the benefit to continuing

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

How do I identify the item rank?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

yeah, I'm working through carnage world in d5 atm, it's turned into a bit of a slog where I was making leaps and bounds before.

my most advanced character's a sage, with about 12 mill in stats, I'm currently trying to level up a normal arcadia's rarity to turn it into a legendary to get a trapezohedron, and also need to run a solomons staff to get a ygdrassil.

outside of that I saw a strategy for max farming 20* asagi map to max out stat boosts from extracts, so I'm slowly levelling pram and metallia for that, but it is slower than I'd like, they're sitting at around 1mill in stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

zzMisc posted:

I've been doing a D5 run myself and I've got some advice for you, but I'm not sure how much you actually want so I'll mark it in spoilers. Suffice to say that no matter how you do it, the postgame in D5 is going to be a slog, as that's kind of the point; if you're not enjoying putting on a podcast or whatever and grinding away, there's really no reason to do it, all you get for the hundreds-of-hours-grind to beating carnage baal is IIRC a special sword you don't need and a "congrats, you really, really beat the game!".

Your Sage is plenty good enough for farming extracts at this point. Equip a megaphone (from some quest, I forget now) in your off-hand and give her Rasperyl's recruiting evility, and go clear double fake with land decimator at the highest difficulty you can. You should get ~40 recruits per run, nearly half of what Metallia would get. You may have to manually run out and kill the boss Asagi with a Tera spell but it'll still be faster to max out extracts on your Sage this way. Use the evility "Combat High" to help a lot with clearing, and use the maid's evility that expands use item range to 5 squares so you can use the extracts on 5 characters at a time.

Except maybe for maxing the boost & status innocents, and even that isn't really necessary yet, you probably shouldn't be bothering with item world before maxing stats from both extracts and class mastery/levelling.

Happy to take the advice - thanks :)

I using this strategy initially and it's definitely helpful, hadn't looked at Raspberyl's evilities though, so I'll take a peek and sideswipe that in.

What's the distinction between aptitude and growth? Does aptitude just dictate the maximum possible stat whiel growth rate indicates how fast you reach that point?