Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

I said come in! posted:

- The level cap is 99,999,999

What the actual... :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

Ok realpost, I haven't played any previous Disgaeas, saw a review vid of 5 that was intriguing... is 6 basically 5 on crack? Like I know you can reincarnate in 5 to get stat boosts and go back to level 1, is that still the same for the level 90 million D6 characters?

This sounds utterly bonkers to me, but is it a good bonkers?

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

I said come in! posted:

It depends on who you ask about the stat boost stuff. I've seen plenty of long time fans be turned off by the insane stat increase. It feels unearned, and I can see the logic behind that. In previous Disgaea games you start off doing single digit damage, and then you slowly turn into a god like character doing billions of damage. Now you're doing massive damage and getting levels into the thousands within the first few hours of the game.

So yeah, it's Disgaea 5 on crack.

Ok second dumb question now that it's downloading to the Switch, is the season pass DLC bundle thing worth a punt, or not? That's a lot of small individual DLCs it has, all of which are a couple of bucks each, and it's unclear if they are purely cosmetic stuff or if there is useful extra gameplay there. Is it worth it or should I just steer clear?

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I haven't tried them yet, but I think I'm glad they added auto battles. In D5 I got tired of all the button pressing for simple stuff like item world. The fun was in building things and powering them up, not telling units where to move.

As my first proper Disgaea, I think I'm playing it wrong; I ran the same battle 10 times for one of the early quests, decided to crank the enemies up to 20 stars in the cheat shop while I was doing it, and when I tried out auto battle and auto repeat I think I've turned it into an idle clicker :v: