Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Fair!

Also this second Zed World chapter is kinda butt huh. Just a lot of the same fight over and over again. There's something genuinely hilarious though about how 'oh no they did 999,999,999 damage' and I have *way* more life than that, and I kill the big scary repeated boss in one shot over and over again.

The last few chapters of the story are like 60% fighting gods of destruction, it's kinda dumb. I had my guys around 9999 from dicking around in the item world so I could just auto through all of it, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So how do I break 9999 anyway? I know you buy the ability with karma, but it's not appearing when I reincarnate, and I'm not seeing a Dark Assembly bill for it or anything after beating the game.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

skull mask mcgee posted:

You need to unlock the Carnage dimension to unlock the ability to break the level cap.

I figured this out right after posting here, naturally. What about item worlds? Do I just need to get carnage items to find enemies over 9999 in there or what?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Item World is the one thing I will say is the worst of any of the games so far. This is my favorite mode for how random it is and what I love most about Disgaea and they ruined it.

Yeah, I liked finding floors with cool geo-puzzles to fill the bonus gauge for big rewards but a) those virtually never appear in 6 and b) even if they did they would be pointless given the game's focus on autoing everything at warp speed. At least getting an arbitrarily large number of lvl 900 statisticians is more or less trivial.