Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
As someone who has played every Disgaea to post game except 2...

This game is fine and good.
It has little micro studders, but it's not unplayable. I'm fine with the changes, it seems to have good QOL improvements.

I got my characters over leveled quick without following a 30 phase master plan.

1-5 with five lvl 99 prinnys that each give like lvl ~329 xp like always
2-3 kill that one guy on auto
6-5 mega xp dude if you can do like 800k damage in one hit.

8-5 is a fight against 1 Lvl 2000 brawler (Become a Lvl 9999 at 20*)
I have not tried this one yet and a lvl 9999 just kicked my rear end forcing a bill to pass

Auto item world explore for characters over the 10 you can use in battle.

I didn't some realize the hospital rewards were a page down and didn't redeem the sp based or rez based ones for a long time, oops.

I just use 3 boots on every character and use a weapon I can item world boost, that you can buy copies of in the store!

The juice bar I made good for nothing prinnys to man that squad and am saving for the last squad upgrade for 30% of all xp stored. To me that should be step one.

I can dig the karma system, I have +1 damage, throw, counter, jump on all my characters
Go to tab 2 when you reincarnate if you have like 5k karma.

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I finally said gently caress it after being over leveled for half of the story.

Once I get my characters to 9999 the excess xp goes to juice bar and I can spend it on squad upgrades.

I get 30% of the xp now from juice squad.
Farmed 11-5 griffon Chamber

I'm ready for post game after ~24 hours.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I don't know if it doesn't exist or if I auto battled past it, but I never saw a zombie wielding a horse Weiner in story mode 1/10

There were legendaries in chests during the story, but I don't recall any on the enemies.

The last stage on EP 14 is good for mana if you make it into gods of destruction with cheat shop

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 9, 2021

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

I really need to start this game but goddamn, every time I see poo poo like there being a level beyond Carnage (not surprising) it's just... do I have the dozens hundreds of hours to spend on this game right now?
In like 44 hours I have 10 characters at approx. 110,000,000 maybe could be totally wrong I thought 99,999,999 was the cap and I'm beyond that at least just carnage no juice shop 255 times yet.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Steam says Disgaea 7 on Oct 3

We don't have to wait a year after Switch/PlayStation!?

Hells yeah, I've put like ~170 hours each into 1-6 except for 3

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Clarste posted:

When I played it in Japanese I ended up getting all my equipment from stealing.
I always have a high level thief, they may or may not be good at combat.

I just watched a short review that said something like regular items can item world 20 floors rare 25 and legendary 30

However you can reincarnate the items infinitely now.

I'm down with that.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

~20 hours to steam release
I know what I'm doing after work tomorrow.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I got the pricey version just to support the developer.

I've been really burnt out at work so I didn't play enough to report back yet, but I did have the game lock up on a full screen alt tab.

Gonna try full screen windowed in the future and see if that helps.

I forgot how steal chance/thieves work like I do every game (so I alt-tabbed to look it up) and wondered if +hit did anything but I think that's been over a decade ago if it was ever a thing. It's just based on level.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I have a few 2 times reincarnated characters to lvl 300 before I realized you can have 10 characters out

I thought it was 9 for some reason.

Chapter 11 stage 1 (I think) has around a dozen lvl 99 characters to farm if you have the cheat shop difficulty set to 4

Lvl 99's give the same xp as ~lvl 300

I'm going from memory but it's the stage with a gate where all the enemies spawned facing away from you the first time.

Going through the post game and partway into martial training maps.

Game good.

I wish there were more op things I could have stolen, I didn't see "horse weiner" item this go around.

The hospital gatcha was many ranks above anything I stole as far as I remember and I was on 2-8 star difficulty most of the story (I don't think that affects items on enemies)

Oh well soon all of my story level items will be worthless anyway.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I have all the DLC but I didn't even buy or equip any evilities until carnage 5

Just auto battling some lvl 99s (mostly on 11-1) was enough to get me to the end.

If you are farming xp you ought to spread the evility from the sea angel for +30% xp per member using it.
Or the dlc version from pleneir that is also some +mana

I'm starting to class farm for more evility options and gains and it didn't click that I can just change class and get them all on one character, I was fixing to run a new recruit of evey generic and monster up individually.

I have a cosmic fist that has fist technique 4 (big bang) on it which is good because I haven't unlocked land of carnage mode yet and my closest to a 3x3 is Fuji and his sword skill level is still only like level 38 or 42.

Need to get it to 50 in sword or fist for the 3x3 or use max range magic.

Primal liquid YouTube guides has some good tips and one of the 2 current steam guides is ok.

If you overlevel some maybe raise the cheat shop difficulty stars to at least give yourself a bit of challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Oh neat!

There is all sorts of stuff in these games, I am very not optimal.

I can spend a few hours on an activity then find a better way that renders it obsolete.

Just trying to get stats up enough to get baal 1 down or I suppose there are other ways as well.

The third postlude hasn't unlocked yet.