Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I played a lot of D1 and D2 and then skipped to D5 on the Switch. It's okay, I have fun with it, but my primary engagement with it is the item world and leveling up people. The LOTS of extra functions between D2 and D5 have me kind of on autopilot and confused. Not sure if I'm even being very effective with things!

So part of me wants to just nab D7--the backdrop alone seems more interesting to me. But I'm primarily in it for the gameplay. Is it worth dropping D5 for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Deki posted:

Finish D5 first, I'd say.

D7 is equivalent in quality so far, which is high praise from me, given I really really liked D5, and thought D6 sucked. I don't think there's any mechanics from D5 that aren't in D7.

The reported optimizations of item world, as well as how much faster items level up due to them (albeit, with more difficulty) is what intrigues me the most, tbh.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Caidin posted:

How's Switch performance, if anyone knows? D6 tended to run choppy.

Reviews mentioned a bit of choppiness on high-particle effect spells.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'm slowly making my way to that level. Any hot tips that'll minimize frustration, please spell them out here.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

With how rapidly item levels level up enemies, is it worth using the Item World as a way to gain XP before specific EXP panel maps? I just unlocked it so i'm very early on (beat 3-4?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Bruceski posted:

I've been doing that. You have to combo with some strong weapons from the healing gacha and it's nothing exponential but my main guy's up to 120 and with the XP squad he's been dragging some folks up with him (they don't have to be out to benefit) and getting (for early game) massive amounts of mana. Meanwhile the main story enemies are level 25.

Alright i'll keep it up cheers