Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Okay how about a game that you need to find a book in real life that has only been placed in one bookstore in america and you can’t uh, like check the files to cheat the game because it’s all stored server side like an MMO. Basically like Majestic meets Secret world meets The Game where real life is involved and maybe you get a threatening call on the Phone or something and at the end you think you killed someone in real life and it was a prank all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A genre-blended FPS with a hobby-grade coop campaign, multi-mode competitive e-sports, meta-growth, choice and epic Heroes.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
A good nightmare on elm street game sort of like F13th have it be kids vs Freddy and all the wacky dream stuff and you sometimes don’t know if it’s real or a dream and have the stuff from all the movies

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cyberpunk jrpg where the party steal n experimental cybernetic shunt from a megacorp in the first mission and then the next mission is a setup and most of them get killed. the shunt lets them download their memories to new procgenned runners, you choose what skills, memories, etc. they keep as the party and their replacements navigate the world nd try to decipher what this tech is and why it was made. spark skills like a saga game but when a character permadies you can slam them into a new body, you get a certain number of sp to choose what skills they keep, only those sp can also be used to keep like basic elements of personality, memories etc. alive, multiple endings based heavily on what you do and what you keep, mudic by the guy that did the hyper light drifter soundtrack

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Star Wars jedi character action game developed by Hideaki Itsuno using DMC mechanics.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jrpg-esque game about an innkeeper in a town at the center of the world who's trying to revive the town by getting people in from the rewt of the world. super chill atmosphere, no big world ending stuff, just meeting npcs and building a town, maybe exploring nearby dungeons

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fromsoft game set aboard a generation spaceship thats started to fail, your character gets endlessly cloned if they die and you have to explore tons of failing sci-fi environments using sci-fi tech weapons and stuff. maybe add some metroid rlements like you can alter your cloned genome to let you breathe underwater to explore the watee reclamation biome. minimal story, few sane npcs, classic fromsoft stuff

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

create a 4man jrpg squad, with typical classes like knight/mage/cleric etc. hit play and go as deep into the dungeons as you can.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tactical game where you're salvagers living above a cloud sea like xenoblade 2. you land, have limited air and moves to try nd get all the salvage you can and get back as undersea monsters attack, use the salvage you get to buld a base and reinforce yourself against attacks by rival salvgaers

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3836805

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Game where you ride a horse in the same way Tony Hawk rides a skateboard. Horse is probably taxidermied so I dont have to animate it. Do kickflips, backflips, grind rails, whatever you want. Rocket horse mode, air jousting mode, plus free play/casual. Sequel could be riding a dead dolphin or seal or something.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Yobgoblin posted:

a VR game based on the original nightmare on elm street movies.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Game where you ride a horse in the same way Tony Hawk rides a skateboard. Horse is probably taxidermied so I dont have to animate it. Do kickflips, backflips, grind rails, whatever you want. Rocket horse mode, air jousting mode, plus free play/casual. Sequel could be riding a dead dolphin or seal or something.

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao i was just about to pitch this one again

Fungah! posted:

game i thought up today after reading 20 volumes of hokuto no ken, a civ-like or total war game set in post apocalyptic earth. you start as one faction out in the wasteland and have to try to survive and conquer as much of the wastes as possible so you can start to rebuild society in your image. you start off with a few survivors scavenging for bare necessities, then begin scavenging out of bombed out cities or whatever and start setting up a rudimentary society, then slowly progress until you start conquering neighboring tribes and start doing crazy poo poo like building giant sculptures to your leader or start projects to try to scavenge old world tech wholesale so you can overwhelm the barbarians around you with tanks and mechs and poo poo while they're doing raids on bikes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A Zelda game that you can beat in 30 minutes so net cafe scandal can accomplish something in his life.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the game you’d play when you’re looking out a car window imagining a little platformer guy vaulting across the landscape, somehow recreated with 3d map/satellite data. like geoguessr + vib ribbon

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

imagine if they ported some of the old final fantasy games, maybe with some minor graphical and QoL updates, for a nice, reasonable price.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
when i was a little kid i remember thinking games in the future would just be like mario but you see more of it, an entire big dense level on the screen. 20+ years later and that 360 castlevania multiplayer game comes out and shows how stupid i was

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley type game but with the art and writing done by Studio Ghibli like Ni no Kuni

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Basically Kenshi but with a longer post game. Start as a wanderer getting your rear end kicked, gather a party, get strong, build a shelter, upgrade it to a base and city, withstand sieges and stuff, and finally rebuild a civilization. Kenshi does all this awesomely until you build a big base, then the world just kinda doesn't react to it too much.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
a lot of my ideas are Bloodborne but with the settings inspired by other fantasy horror works i love. i dont care if that makes me basic.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

also i think a game where you play as zelda/sheik in Ocarina of Time could be fun if it were done right.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

when i was a little kid i remember thinking games in the future would just be like mario but you see more of it, an entire big dense level on the screen. 20+ years later and that 360 castlevania multiplayer game comes out and shows how stupid i was

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1253270/Scoot_Kaboom_and_the_Tomb_of_Doom/

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

An asymmetric co-op game where one person is playing an arpg dungeon crawler, and sending off all of his loot to the 2nd player who is playing a harvest moon like and planting all of the seeds and smelting all of the metal to make meals and weapons for the 1st player.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Hatred, but you are targeting map gamers

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

a lot of my ideas are Bloodborne but with the settings inspired by other fantasy horror works i love. i dont care if that makes me basic.

yeah, lol. most of mine are "this property i like gets x kind of game made by this company i think could do it."

one of the novels i workshopped was about a guy making deals with the Seven Deaths (murder, misfortune, etc. they all had M names) so that none of them could kill him - he wanted revenge on some gang leaders who tried to have him murdered and Murder sort of took him under his wing. all the deaths had assignments for him and i always sort of thought it would make a good GTA type game.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

Hatred, but you are targeting map gamers

I just loving hate the German Empire and the maggots clinging to it's corpse.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
warioware, but all the microgames are five second snippets of atari 2600 games

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021
kirby air ride sequel with customizable stat options for air ride machines, stunt mechanics (in nintendo's sense of the word, at least. probably won't be seeing kirby doing sick kickflips or anything like that), and the utilization of more than one fuckin' button so it actually gets released on a console and doesn't become relegated to becoming a mobile title

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Light Souls: Prepare to Live

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

half the games people's subconscious come up with in the dreaming thread are games that i would play

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

half the games people's subconscious come up with in the dreaming thread are games that i would play

I don’t remember if it was the current thread or the last one but I posted a dream I had where I was playing a Halo game mode where everyone had a tank or a Gauss Warthog and was divided into two teams, each of whom had a big base to protect that had Battlefield-style destruction physics, and the teams would be scored based on how much monetary value in damage they caused to the other team’s base, like a competitive version of the Mayhem mini game in Saints Row. And I guess I’m pitching it here because I still think about it and get mad that it isn’t real

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

an rpg set on a star trek like spaceship, that's like 50/50 hanging out with crew members doing animal crossing kind of stuff and visiting planets with your buds

Hiraeth
May 14, 2021
This. "Nuff said.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol id play that once

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

Okay how about a game that you need to find a book in real life that has only been placed in one bookstore in america and you can’t uh, like check the files to cheat the game because it’s all stored server side like an MMO. Basically like Majestic meets Secret world meets The Game where real life is involved and maybe you get a threatening call on the Phone or something and at the end you think you killed someone in real life and it was a prank all along.

A game where you kill mutants by skateboarding.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Super Mario Bros. 6

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I've abandoned making this one several times.

The computer simulates a victorian house party, with AI driven characters following various intrinsic and extrinsic motivations until one kills another. Then they try to cover it up and make up an alibi.

You then ask the AIs questions where you and they can only communicate with emojis. And you try to figure out who's lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
look around the room and find a corner between two objects, then imagine a ball leaving that corner and bouncing off other objects