Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
a game that’s 1/3 splatoon and 2/3 a trippy music visualizer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A genre-blended FPS with a hobby-grade coop campaign, multi-mode competitive e-sports, meta-growth, choice and epic Heroes.

dude don’t say that out loud someone’s gonna steal your idea!!!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

a game where you see mountains in the distance but you can’t climb them. you can walk around a little and you’re completely surrounded by interesting-looking mountains on all sides, and there’s a “press A to proceed” prompt on screen constantly but it does nothing. The soundtrack is Todd Howard trying to hum the morrowind theme off-key and sobbing quietly. Stadia exclusive

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
asymmetric multiplayer
you're either the terminator or kyle reese
a random npc in a decent sized sandbox (~vice city) is linda hamilton

I could go on but I feel like the rest of the game pretty much designs itself

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

A roguelike kind of thing where metaprogression doesn't come from just dungeon progress but from retiring characters alive. Like if you've retrieved enough treasure they can go back to the starting town and buy a shop or found a church or whatever and then your subsequent characters get useful items and buffs there. Like a little town building kind of thing. The more you achieve in the dungeon before going back the bigger the benefit, so it's a constant risk/reward calculation. Maybe with a long term time limit where a big monster invasion is coming and all your old characters will have to fend it off so you need to make sure they're strong and numerous enough.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

P-Mack posted:

A roguelike kind of thing where metaprogression doesn't come from just dungeon progress but from retiring characters alive. Like if you've retrieved enough treasure they can go back to the starting town and buy a shop or found a church or whatever and then your subsequent characters get useful items and buffs there. Like a little town building kind of thing. The more you achieve in the dungeon before going back the bigger the benefit, so it's a constant risk/reward calculation. Maybe with a long term time limit where a big monster invasion is coming and all your old characters will have to fend it off so you need to make sure they're strong and numerous enough.

That's a cool idea.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

P-Mack posted:

I would definitely play this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah that sounds rad. It makes me think of the Torneko mystery dungeon game on PS1

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

P-Mack posted:

Sounds like darkest dungeon kind of.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Basically Kenshi but with a longer post game. Start as a wanderer getting your rear end kicked, gather a party, get strong, build a shelter, upgrade it to a base and city, withstand sieges and stuff, and finally rebuild a civilization. Kenshi does all this awesomely until you build a big base, then the world just kinda doesn't react to it too much.

praying for kenshi 2 to not take another 10 years, or for starsector to get a better endgame.

honestly I'd kill for a game like kenshi, but with much more in depth role playing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When I was a teenager I was obsessed with GTA4 and Red Dead 1. I had the idea for what the next Rockstar game would be. It would take place in 1973 Hong Kong and it would be based around kung fu. You’d still be able to steal cars and use weapons (in my mind you’d pick any guns and poo poo up temporarily, not able to keep them) but the core gameplay would be using your fists and your feet. You’d obvs play as essentially Bruce Lee, fighting your way through martial arts tournaments and the criminal underground.

Obviously Sleeping Dogs filled this hole well but it’s not the ultra polished dream in my head.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

NienNunb posted:

When I was a teenager I was obsessed with GTA4 and Red Dead 1. I had the idea for what the next Rockstar game would be. It would take place in 1973 Hong Kong and it would be based around kung fu. You’d still be able to steal cars and use weapons (in my mind you’d pick any guns and poo poo up temporarily, not able to keep them) but the core gameplay would be using your fists and your feet. You’d obvs play as essentially Bruce Lee, fighting your way through martial arts tournaments and the criminal underground.

Obviously Sleeping Dogs filled this hole well but it’s not the ultra polished dream in my head.

Been watching all the Police Story movies lately and this is the dream

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Been watching all the Police Story movies lately and this is the dream

Secret unlockable outfit

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

Super Mario Bros. 6

this is mario sunshine

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I want a stealth game with more creative tools for killing/distracting enemies. I always played SKyrim as a stealth archer/illusion/conjuration mage and I liked taking out a whole room of guys with fury and raise dead from a dark corner and only using the bow to kill the last guy. I also always liked the batman games stealth level AI would get scared if you were doing loud takedowns too. I think that making enemies get scared/stupid would be a good way to make being loud and lethal more rewarding. _you could set it in a cyberpunk deus ex type universe too and just pretend the powers are nanomachines. *dusts hands* Can a smart homo please make this so I dont spend 3 weeks modding SKyrim again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

this is mario sunshine
Even if you followed this stupid logic it would be Mario 64.

But it's not cause Mario Bros. and Mario are separate franchises.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

Even if you followed this stupid logic it would be Mario 64.

But it's not cause Mario Bros. and Mario are separate franchises.

mario world is mario 4, mario 64 is mario 5, mario sunshine is mario 6

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
A game like advance wars (probably more on the into the breach end) where you play as a wrestler fighting another wrestler and the units are your limbs

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 92 days!
a dating sim using the controller for Steel Battalion

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

dangerburrd posted:

A game like advance wars (probably more on the into the breach end) where you play as a wrestler fighting another wrestler and the units are your limbs

thats a good idea

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

mario world is mario 4, mario 64 is mario 5, mario sunshine is mario 6

Yoshi's Island is mario world 2, making it Mario 5.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

thats only in the US, and yoshi's island clearly is not the next mainline mario game.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

mycophobia posted:

thats only in the US, and yoshi's island clearly is not the next mainline mario game.

You're obviously not arguing in good faith. Begone troll

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I've always wanted something like Armored Core with the highly customizable mech, but the game play is something closer to a run and gun/rampage kind of set up.

I don't know how well that would actually work though.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

quote:

============================================================================
*Note: From here on, the TITLE NUMBER refers to the Mario title,
while the Mario # refers to the Mario sequence number.

MARIO WORLD 2 - Mario 5
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Where does Mario Fun with Letters fit into the canon?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mario 5 was never released in the US, and they brought over Mario 6 as our Mario 3.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Mario 5 had a good job system. I think more games should feature the Blue Plumber build.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Hmm lets take a look at the box art shall we.

Oh what's that small line of white Japanese text say?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
a lot of things are called Super Mario. but the game where you play as Yoshi is not the sequel to mario world.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

a lot of things are called Super Mario. but the game where you play as Yoshi is not the sequel to mario world.

Yossy*

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I'm seeing double here. Four Marios!!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There actually are four Marios, if you count Luigi as a Green Mario.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There actually are four Marios, if you count Luigi as a Green Mario.

I do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a racing game in a future Midwest America littered with self driving cars where you have to jump constantly from vehicle to vehicle with the sleeping dogs action hijacking move to stay ahead in the race.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerburrd posted:

badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

In Training posted:

a racing game in a future Midwest America littered with self driving cars where you have to jump constantly from vehicle to vehicle with the sleeping dogs action hijacking move to stay ahead in the race.

it already exists