Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pokémon go but it actually lets you battle people with normal Pokémon turn based mechanics and it's also gambling so you take money from people for real when they lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

it already exists

I must go shopping. Driver San Francisco was kinda this too but you're a ghost.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAq9k4evdh0&t=1227s

watch the timestamp

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
its called "Air Jacking" lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Pokémon go but it actually lets you battle people with normal Pokémon turn based mechanics and it's also gambling so you take money from people for real when they lose.

Yu-Gi-Oh duelling game that literally works like the anime lol. Holographic projectors on your arm and poo poo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

its called "Air Jacking" lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

the game you’d play when you’re looking out a car window imagining a little platformer guy vaulting across the landscape, somehow recreated with 3d map/satellite data. like geoguessr + vib ribbon

Holy poo poo

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
This is more vague but a game based on the proposed old yeller FPS in an April fools game informer, the Zelda timeline splitting in 3 ways that all converge on the same point, and dark souls deep lore/masochism called Helldream: Sisyphus.

You’re Sisyphus and you have your rock and your hill, but there’s also a little town you can go into and talk to people and find hidden lore and do quests. Many of these would hint at ways to escape hell but all of them would lead to dead ends and red herrings. You have stats and you can level them up and do combos and poo poo on the rock but you never get it to the top. You are Sisyphus, and this is your dream of hell, and all the hope in the world exists only to trap you.

Alternately, an old yeller game that’s just you and the dog on the farm and the game ends when you shoot the dog but you can scrounge around the farm and find different weapons to shoot him with and stuff.

Idk some kinda sandbox game with no actual win state but several implied ones could be neat, I’m probably just describing pathologic or some other game I haven’t played

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
https://youtu.be/Rm47V1O78Ts

No real pitch but more games like this or hypnospace outlaw would be cool

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

A game like Bomberman, but it's an RPG, and it's centered around the maps you wander into

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I want a game with a to scale total recreation of a small American city complete with interiors and it drops you at a random point right as a zombie apocalypse is beginning. There was a good game called Rogue Survivor that was basically what I want but with good graphics and a lot bigger

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stick RPG but an MMO

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

uh.... the Sims, but it's Minecraft.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Two-player co-op game (like Snipperclips or It Takes Two) where you play as siamese twins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Two-player co-op game (like Snipperclips or It Takes Two) where you play as siamese twins

a coop QWOP or Getting Over It with this scenario would be cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Picross 4D

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

A game like Hardspace Shipbreaker but instead of staying in one place and working for a corp, you're a freelance trader and you're flying around the galaxy exploring and picking apart derelict space stations and freighters and selling the contents to the highest bidder.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
super mario 64 2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Bicyclops posted:

My Sims felt like it promised this concept. It was fun but also weirdly limited in a way.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 5, 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plebian Parasite posted:

A game like Hardspace Shipbreaker but instead of staying in one place and working for a corp, you're a freelance trader and you're flying around the galaxy exploring and picking apart derelict space stations and freighters and selling the contents to the highest bidder.

yeah that would be cool. just give me elite basically but i can go in the ships and strip out the wiring lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jrpg but combat is done through puzzles

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

like in panel de pon or puyo puyo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Isn’t that Puzzle Quest.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Might I suggest Pictlogica Final Fantasy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Isn’t that Puzzle Quest.

Caithness posted:

Might I suggest Pictlogica Final Fantasy

id like it to have a good puzzle element, like panel de pon or puyo puyo.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Buy a double switch, play dragon quest on one, and picross on the other.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

There's an indie treasure Tetris RPG in development but I dunno how they're gonna balance that given the player skill component

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

P-Mack posted:

There's an indie treasure Tetris RPG in development but I dunno how they're gonna balance that given the player skill component

bob gimme the rundown on tetris rpg

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

piczle cross adventure is just straight up picross and hunting down hidden objects on a pretty big map.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Mario if he real

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Sports game that is fun to play and sim, with lots of stats and the ability to follow athletes from the beginning of their careers to retirement.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
hmm. sports game where you're the ball/puck.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

An Obra Dinn Maker. Like Mario Maker, but with Obra Dinn. So you can replay Obra Dinn.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

BLM XXX

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I have one I've been obsessed with for years which is basically pvp final fantasy 5. Build an epic cracked out squad then Pokemon battle them against other people. Fixes the worst part of jrpgs where you're completely jacked but there's nothing left to fight against.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

heehee posted:

hmm. sports game where you're the ball/puck.

This is the conceit of dangerous golf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

A game with the same premise of building a Bond-style supervillain lair as the Evil Genius games, but in more of a Sims style. Character creators to design your supervillain and henchmen, building the base down to every last detail like a house in The Sims. I guess you'd still need to make guards and traps, etc and have invasions by spies like in Evil Genius or there wouldn't be any point in the villain setting but it would mostly be based around building and customization.