Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

A ton of computer RPGs in the 90s did poo poo like that. If you did it now everyone would just look up some YouTube guide and use the same optimized spells probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

King's Quest III made you type out spell incantations as a form of copy protection and if you misspelled a word or misplaced a comma you would get a game over. Not really the same thing but I got a kick out of it as a kid, even though it was just typing stuff out of a book.

Simsandwich
Feb 15, 2007
A KPOP management sim where you have to manage your bands social media, screaming fans, tour logistics and sponsorship deals. You get to dress your band up based on what demographic you target. 20+ year career mode where you need to change your bands style over time to stay hip.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Magicka wasn't a great game overall but I enjoyed making up weird spell combinations, lots of fun in co-op especially

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ars magicka would make a great setting for that, it's all about researching freeform spells from your wizard coven and travelling with a troupe of other wizards and their non magical servants

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arse Magicka.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Imagine a dog fighting game. You play as one dude in a parking lot and there's waves of dogs like German shepherds or Rottweilers or something, and they're all trying to get you and eat you and all you have Is is your bare hands to fight them with. There's an option for karate or wrestling fighting styles

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Proletarian Mango posted:

Imagine a dog fighting game. You play as one dude in a parking lot and there's waves of dogs like German shepherds or Rottweilers or something, and they're all trying to get you and eat you and all you have Is is your bare hands to fight them with. There's an option for karate or wrestling fighting styles

Was expecting a Ron Mexico branded dog fighting game where you train and upgrade dogs to get in the pit and compete. But yours is good too.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

A game where I actually feel like a wizard would be loving sick. It's not enough to have cool spells, I want to have to learn and make the magic.

this is what noita is like

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The people have spoken and they want a Rickety Cricket life sim

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh yeah for sure for sure for sure *casually reaches for the dr evil fire pit button*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

An it’s always sunny wrestling game with the trashman, birds of war, etc. would be based

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

oh yeah for sure for sure for sure *casually reaches for the dr evil fire pit button*

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i can't believe that insane Witcher 3 NPC from velen who rants about slaughtering dogs is a something awful poster

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

[mumbled voice on the voice] is he dead?
[Doctor Evil] No.... posting... badly... mmhmmm. yeah

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my son got Candy Land for his birthday and I want to make a 3D collectathon type game based on it. it already has levels and bosses and everything.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

my son got Candy Land for his birthday

My condolences.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i thought candyland was the one where you just draw a card and move to that color space? i don't remember any bosses. did they buff candyland or am i thinking of something else.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A Space Ghost Coast To Coast game. You play as Space Ghost. It uses the Wrestling Empire engine.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

A Space Ghost Coast To Coast game. You play as Space Ghost. It uses the Wrestling Empire engine.

Space Ghost Coast to Coast hero shooter. I call Brak

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A Rock Band Musical Bar B Que dlc pack

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyMEobniwO9st_0BTeHk1rbvaKDqJfeG2

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

b_d posted:

i thought candyland was the one where you just draw a card and move to that color space? i don't remember any bosses. did they buff candyland or am i thinking of something else.

Nope that’s it. Not a lot of replay value

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

b_d posted:

i don't remember any bosses.

Lord Licorice you fake gamer

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
sorry I called you a f*ke g*mer, I lost my temper

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cubone posted:

Lord Licorice you fake gamer

there's also a snowboarding duke and stuff. they explain everything on the little panel that comes with the board.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shibawanko posted:

this is what noita is like

It's close but not quite there. I've made some really deep-fried stuff but it's roguelike nature means you often don't have the tools you need. And if you can't make a strong enough spell out of the temple shops/random wands to kill a mini boss then you're just stuck. I love Noita but it's funny how frustrating it is; it's really easy to win but incredibly hard to enter NG+. You just straight up can't do it if you don't have infinite black holes or some other digging tool.

Also you just make bigger spells out of tinier component spells. I guess I want even more fidelity than that. Like choose 'ray, dart, cloud' and a combination of elements or something, so the same pile of 'parts' let's you make an ice ray or a flashbang or something. You know?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Magicka but single player and turn based would be cool.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Love that one space ghost ruled

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

It's close but not quite there. I've made some really deep-fried stuff but it's roguelike nature means you often don't have the tools you need. And if you can't make a strong enough spell out of the temple shops/random wands to kill a mini boss then you're just stuck. I love Noita but it's funny how frustrating it is; it's really easy to win but incredibly hard to enter NG+. You just straight up can't do it if you don't have infinite black holes or some other digging tool.

Also you just make bigger spells out of tinier component spells. I guess I want even more fidelity than that. Like choose 'ray, dart, cloud' and a combination of elements or something, so the same pile of 'parts' let's you make an ice ray or a flashbang or something. You know?

yeah thats all true, ive gotten to the end a few times but NG+ requirements are strange and i havent reached it yet either, i guess you have to basically go through all of the secret areas and build your digging wand from the beginning. i do like how you can make the spells behave in weird ways by combining them and they keep adding parts so it just gets nuttier as time goes on

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Basically Action Half-Life but in VR. Use the right stick to aim your shoot dodges like how teleport controls work in most vr games. No reloading, just throwing away empty guns and pulling new ones out of your trench coat. Your loadout would be a "deck" of guns that you build and cycle through on a loop as the match progresses.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

a 2 player combat game in the style of nidhogg but with a mid-2000s newgrounds stickmen fight style, loads of martial arts moves, ability to perform bullet time moves (you can still move normally but your enemies' moves slow for a sec), nu-metal soundtrack

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Martman posted:

I've had an idea of an "audio game" for a while but like, a first-person exploration game with light combat. You're blind, no video, and the world and enemies and stuff would be designed to have really clear audio cues and teach you how to get around and stuff. Maybe you could get upgrades that do helpful things like beep around certain kinds of land features and stuff, i dunno

You'd have to play with headphones and if you got too hooked on it maybe your visual processing nerves would start to wither and atrophy and you'd actually go blind irl

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Blind_Legend

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

youre the juggernaut, designed by keita takahashi

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

quote:

The game is free to download on all the platforms. Upon download, a player is given Five lives which reduce whenever the player is killed by the enemies, is boiled over in the lake, enters into a bridge or is consumed by any trap. However, once the lives have been depleted, the player cannot play again until when the lives have been replenished or when the player decides to buy other lives from within the game's main screen. The lives pack are set to replenish after every 20 minutes after depletion.

Eugh

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Super Metroid, but the whole thing is a dream

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Sub-Actuality posted:

Super Metroid, but the whole thing is a dream

lol, but gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002