Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

Super Metroid, but the whole thing is a dream

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Super Metroid 2

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Caithness posted:

lol, but gently caress you

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The last metroid is in his bed.
the galaxy is asleep.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Super Metroid 2

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Serious Samus

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Martman posted:

I've had an idea of an "audio game" for a while but like, a first-person exploration game with light combat. You're blind, no video, and the world and enemies and stuff would be designed to have really clear audio cues and teach you how to get around and stuff. Maybe you could get upgrades that do helpful things like beep around certain kinds of land features and stuff, i dunno

You'd have to play with headphones and if you got too hooked on it maybe your visual processing nerves would start to wither and atrophy and you'd actually go blind irl

https://store.steampowered.com/app/989790/The_Vale_Shadow_of_the_Crown/

This just dropped, might be up your alley.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Destiny/Anthem/Borderlands style looter shooter sequel to Revolution X

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Ok here’s what I’m thinking. Godhand-style over the shoulder beat ‘em up gameplay, but the encounters are semi-generated a la chalice dungeons and you progress your character in a roguelite way. equip moves between stages but when you get them is somewhat random so you’ve got to build based on what you get and get to choose from a few options for the next floor

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I got the tude now posted:

Ok here’s what I’m thinking. Godhand-style over the shoulder beat ‘em up gameplay, but the encounters are semi-generated a la chalice dungeons and you progress your character in a roguelite way. equip moves between stages but when you get them is somewhat random so you’ve got to build based on what you get and get to choose from a few options for the next floor

i'll allow it but only if it continues to have stuff like roundhouse kicking people into orbit

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

i'll allow it but only if it continues to have stuff like roundhouse kicking people into orbit

It’s integral

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I want to make a rocket slime/farming rts so bad. Where you grow different funny foods to use as cannon ammo, or weapons, or evolve minions, and make upgrades. You can invade the other person's farm/tank and steal their crops or sabotage etc... I've been whittling away at the design doc little by little for years whenever I am able to rise above the fact that I will never live to see it finished.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

I want to make a rocket slime/farming rts so bad. Where you grow different funny foods to use as cannon ammo, or weapons, or evolve minions, and make upgrades. You can invade the other person's farm/tank and steal their crops or sabotage etc... I've been whittling away at the design doc little by little for years whenever I am able to rise above the fact that I will never live to see it finished.

Haunted by our unreachable ambition bros. 🤝

Based on your art tho your game seems feasible for your talents

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Imps together strong

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Imps together strong

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Imps together strong

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Imps together strong

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Haunted by our unreachable ambition bros. 🤝

Thanks! Here's an idea for the title screen that is actually an in game billboard ad painted by the main bad guy lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Thanks! Here's an idea for the title screen that is actually an in game billboard ad painted by the main bad guy lol

lol I love this

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Finally started work on my first game recently, which I hope will just be a basic game where you're a Craps dealer. The idea being it's mildly roguelite-ish, and as the runs progress, more and more tables and mechanics unlock to the point where you're doing a lot of mental math on calculating payouts and trying to keep a lot of plates spinning while paying attention to multiple screens worth of information.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

Finally started work on my first game recently, which I hope will just be a basic game where you're a Craps dealer. The idea being it's mildly roguelite-ish, and as the runs progress, more and more tables and mechanics unlock to the point where you're doing a lot of mental math on calculating payouts and trying to keep a lot of plates spinning while paying attention to multiple screens worth of information.

this sounds cool.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drat I never noticed this reply lol, this sounds awesome

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
game where ur a shadowy organization controlling the world like a bunch of conspiracy theories say, but this time, its real. controlling tv networks, every nations government, etc, while trying to keep ur presence hidden. maybe ur an alien or some centuries old religious org. some sort of strategy game. would be epic.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fucker posted:

game where ur a shadowy organization controlling the world like a bunch of conspiracy theories say, but this time, its real. controlling tv networks, every nations government, etc, while trying to keep ur presence hidden. maybe ur an alien or some centuries old religious org. some sort of strategy game. would be epic.
this is slightly different but hte box art is amazing

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mbt posted:

this is slightly different but hte box art is amazing

this game whips rear end

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fucker posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lol two of your councellors resign and the other five are like "lets see where hes going with this"

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

lol two of your councellors resign and the other five are like "lets see where hes going with this"

lol

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 92 days!

Fucker posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/822990/Spinnortality__cyberpunk_management_sim/

awful name, you run globohomo's schemes for them

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

oh? looks like poo poo, but gently caress it. worth a try.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

Lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

a game in the mgs universe set between ground zeroes and PP. you follow kaz and ocelot as they build diamond dogs and take on mercenary jobs in global conflicts during that era. story focus would lean more into the historical fiction aspect of the series but told through individual characters.

gameplay would be a hybrid rts/turn based strategy at a squad level. xcom, company of heroes, and brothers in arms are the inspiration. You would have limitations on movement and abilities with cool down but there are no “turns” really and yours and enemy troops will be dynamically fighting once you have contact.

What you are able to do and how effective you are will be based on the ratings already used in the base management stuff the series utilizes. if you send out a S+ soldier leading a team of C- guys and they get killed the rest of the squad would become less effective and your suite of abilities would be limited. If you have good comms you could jam enemy comms and prevent them from actions or you could intercept theirs and see what they are doing before they do it etc.

I loved the base management stuff in TPP and peace walker so this is basically making a game of those Combat Deployment missions you send staff on.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fucker posted:

Mixed reviews but it exists: https://store.steampowered.com/app/946990/Secret_Government/

I bought it on sale forever ago but haven't tried it yet, maybe I should fire it up soon

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Slay the Spire but pokemon battles instead of deckbuilding

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
management sim where you run a boxing promotion, with visual novel bits for talking to staff, boxers etc. to convince them to throw fights or bribe judges etc.

signalnoise posted:

Destiny/Anthem/Borderlands style looter shooter sequel to Revolution X
there were plans for a sequel to revolution x but instead of aerosmith it was gonna be about public enemy

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

The Kins posted:

management sim where you run a boxing promotion, with visual novel bits for talking to staff, boxers etc. to convince them to throw fights or bribe judges etc.

That’s cool

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Skyrim + GTA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ol yeller posted:

Skyrim + GTA.

Lol