Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://twitter.com/chaddundas/status/1412874954979233792?s=19

Remember, when you think about the UFC Light Heavyweight division, think "trash truck"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Remember, when you think about the UFC Light Heavyweight division, think "trash truck"

Lol, WME's leaving nothing on the table. Can't wait to see what other weirdly specific things get associated sponsors. XL fighter cups, brought to you by BlueChew.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
hahahaha what the gently caress how is that not an onion article

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
But heavyweight is trashweight, not LHW! dangit they messed up the branding

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Is there much news from the Conor camp in the run up? He didn't seem to be in the embedded posted the other day.

Half expecting him to turn up with a beer gut...

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Brut posted:

hahahaha what the gently caress how is that not an onion article

I think the article's police MRAP stock photo undersells it.
The actual trucks are much less tacticlol and therefore funnier.
This is their FB page's cover photo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

GTO posted:

Is there much news from the Conor camp in the run up? He didn't seem to be in the embedded posted the other day.

Half expecting him to turn up with a beer gut...

He did an interview with Stephen A Smith. some bits ive seen clipped floating around twitter:

- conor going into a sputtering rage when Khabib gets brought up

- Conor saying he isnt a celebrity, he just breaks faces and bounces

- Claiming he only counts knockouts, so he is 19-1 and Dustin is 13-2

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

this is the dumbest loving sport on earth

can't wait for saturday :pcgaming:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

I think the article's police MRAP stock photo undersells it.
The actual trucks are much less tacticlol and therefore funnier.
This is their FB page's cover photo

cute trucks

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
I will briefly defend Andre Sout...I can't spell it sorry by saying that I am 70% sure he was concussed by the time Sean was peg legging. Andre took a beating to the point where I think the fight should have been called before then. We have seen many fighters get hurt and turn into wrestlers; I am willing to extend the same defense to Andre.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I understand the need to take anything any fighter says with a grain of salt, but I believe Andre said he wrestled in the 3rd round because O'Malley's corner had taunted Andre into grappling

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fair on that, but I still feel that O'Malley and his hollow bones got lucky there.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Isn't that the one where he did the post-fight interview from the ground? So yeah, SoundCloud rapper clown got very lucky.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

He did an interview with Stephen A Smith. some bits ive seen clipped floating around twitter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b6pysh7hMo

The guy off camera interjecting "he is undefeated though" is a chef's kiss moment.

mewse
May 2, 2006

threeagainstfour posted:

The guy off camera interjecting "he is undefeated though" is a chef's kiss moment.

:lol:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

This also means he is 0-2 against Diaz, because I only go by Stockton Rules

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

threeagainstfour posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b6pysh7hMo

lmao he seems very upset

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/BlessedMMA/status/1413242880928501770?s=20

Ngl when Max says it it doesn't sound so bad lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

via Stephen A Smith

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

threeagainstfour posted:

Love that Conor's logic is that the guy who beat the poo poo out of him and won their fight easily was a nobody with a padded record. Really makes Conor look great!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

i'm glad conor mcgregor agrees conor mcgregor never beat nate diaz

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

Esquire Magazine posted:

McGregor dreams of possessing the ultimate trapdoor, of mastering the decisive submission that would finish any opponent: the rear naked choke. He has never managed to apply it during a UFC fight. He talks about it the way any of us talks about an object of desire that eludes us.

"It's the most dominant submission," he says almost wistfully. It isn't an arm or a knee bar or an ankle lock, each of which leaves its victim the opportunity to survive, however slight. And it isn't a punch that can be slipped or countered. The rear naked choke is almost a metaphor for the consequences of our most calamitous mistakes. "You can do nothing to me, but I can do whatever the gently caress I want to you," McGregor says. "I have complete control."

He's not sure he's making himself plain enough. He wants you to understand the feeling of true hopelessness, the sensation of every last door closing to you. He wants you to hate that feeling, which will make you appreciate more deeply the moments you are free.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dustin winning would make me so happy. Possibly too happy. This sport is stupid as hell and conor is so cartoonishly out of his mind I am certain the only way the universe can continue on is 100% he's going to win Saturday via devastating wheelkick knockout and then it'll come out that he only trained for 8 days this entire year

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
extremely same, it would be such a bullshit 2020+1 thing to happen it almost feels inevitable

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
conor is so incredibly coked out in this press conference

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
poirier mcgregor 3 press conf is on now and conor is trying so hard to go back to old conor and it feels so forced and sad. insulting poirier's wife and dustin with the perfect response: your trashtalking used to be a lot better than that, loving weak

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CarlCX posted:

i'm glad conor mcgregor agrees conor mcgregor never beat nate diaz

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

LobsterMobster posted:

Lol

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
edit: oops already posted this joke

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

TUF Recap!

Episode 6: Let the Games Begin

A little late on this but if you're gonna watch any of this seasons tuf (or just the fights) this is easily the highlight so far. Great fight, Turcios is entertaining hell. Dude is having the time of his life

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

G-Hawk posted:

A little late on this but if you're gonna watch any of this seasons tuf (or just the fights) this is easily the highlight so far. Great fight, Turcios is entertaining hell. Dude is having the time of his life

Agreed, that was a fun little scrap.

Loved the other guy getting called “Crop Top” by his corner.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Heartbreaking: the worst person you know just made a great point

https://twitter.com/jakepaul/status/1413273001152421889

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/FTBVids_YT/status/1413303096524959747

please enjoy this murder of a question, this dude's impeccable pink suit, and the guy behind him picking up his head like "oh _shit_"

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Kinda confused about the Nunes part since she holds one of those fake belts :shrug:, I guess he's referencing some specific event?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Mean Bean Machine posted:

poirier mcgregor 3 press conf is on now and conor is trying so hard to go back to old conor and it feels so forced and sad. insulting poirier's wife and dustin with the perfect response: your trashtalking used to be a lot better than that, loving weak

Conor x Dustin 4 promos will center around how last time, Dustin got inside of Conor's head, turning the tables. But this time, Conor's got it all dialed in.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Lol does Ortega have a special car or something?

1997 Toyota Camry in showroom condition. He bought it brand new and it has less than a thousand miles on it. Can't believe the disrespect Volk showed towards a piece of art that I honestly think rivals all of humanities accomplishments to this point.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

conor with his head straight up after the question to catch that coke drip. he's got that look in his dilated eye, joe

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I wonder how they decide who gets to do the sponsorship plug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxsZXg5Q_XI&t=425s
If it's first come first serve, if the manager convinces the UFC their guy is the best shot, or what.

Anyways, this is corny but I hope Wonderboy gets decent cash for it. And not State of Survival bucks or worse, NFTs.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

LobsterMobster posted:

Heartbreaking: the worst person you know just made a great point

https://twitter.com/jakepaul/status/1413273001152421889

His take on Conor was spot on, too, except for the part where he says he’ll beat him in a fight.

https://twitter.com/jakepaul/status/1413274925121540098?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cornlog
May 1, 2008

Brut posted:

Kinda confused about the Nunes part since she holds one of those fake belts :shrug:, I guess he's referencing some specific event?

I think Gane vs Lewis is headlining the card she is on.