Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

See this is where I'm not sure about the exact wording of the rules. I think only a ref can stop the fight and normally a doctor stoppage comes after the advice of a doctor.

In this case I don't think Herb needed an expert to tell him things were snapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Nierbo posted:

McGregor stepped back and broke his own ankle. How is that a win for Poirier?

I mean how do you think that fight would have gone after that without a ref or anyone to stop it? Dustin beats a one legged man to death. If your body breaks first you lose.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

At this point I'm fine saying Conor wasn't as good as his push and Aldo probably would smoke him in a rematch. But you only get a second chance if you're a golden draw.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

That sounded like an, "always bad" judgement and that wasn't it. Just the thought he wasn't necessarily a tippy top world beater guy.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I mean let's not forget TJ gleefully trying to kill a whole division and putting some guys out of a job.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I mean killing flyweight was not TJ's decision to make, that was obviously Dana's- TJ was given the opportunity to be another multi division champ and he went for it just like anyone would and talked poo poo. The other stuff he did is mostly indefensible but it is a stretch to put the flyweight/cejudo stuff on him personally

Nah. He didn't have to take the fight that obviously took huge effort to make weight for and also act like it was fun for him when he had his own division to deal with.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Saying a fighter "didn't have to" take a title fight offered to them- one that would earn them tons and tons of money and cement a huge milestone in their legacy upon winning is a pretty baffling & nonsense take

(Although it wouldn't have mattered if he won anyway since his dumbass was caught cheating)

Take the fight, yes. Don't call yourself the division killer.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

And then Dana White, president of UFC, heard this from TJ and went "drat, I have no choice"

Actually yeah. TJ lost and the division is still open after all that build. Weird.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Franklin was one of the prototypical dudes who was genuinely really well conditioned for MMA. He was ahead of the curve in more than a couple of ways and probably would have been champion for a long time if Silva didn't exist. Also, his fight with Hendo was one of the first really good MMA fights I saw that wasn't an insane brawl, it was just two really good fighters trying to figure each other out.

Didn't Franklin basically train in his garage with some friends part time while being a teacher?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Woooooow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

bolsonaro was literally full of poo poo here. that's doodoo coming out his nose. i hope weidman isn't too dumb to poop

Based on stories he's told the man has no shame about making GBS threads, so don't you worry.